Demographic on the Serenade of the Seas

tomjn111

We are considering a 3/15/19 ten day caribbean cruise on the Serenade of the Sseas. Wondering if we can expect a lot of kids onboard. The majority of spring breaks should be winding down and Easter is not until April 21. Was on a Canada New England cruise on the Anthem in early october this year. The cruise exceeded all our expectations and there were hardly any young people aboard. 

March 15th is actually the week of my kids' spring breaks in 2019 and that's usually around the time when it is in OK and neighboring states, so I'm not sure that you won't be hit with a lot of kids.  Since it's 10 days instead of 7, that might be what saves you from the throngs of kids.

It was important for us to learn that spring break is not just the week where we live.  all over the country they have spring break at different times.  I agree though, a 10 day cruise tends to only have home schooled kids and, for the most part, I find them more well behaved than are public school kids. 

On 10/24/2018 at 1:32 PM, bup1224 said:

If you are driving yourself, yes just through the entrance to the resort and the guard will give you a pass - tell them you are going to the beach and they should give you directions - easy - drive in, go straight for maybe 5 minutes or so and look for the sign for the beach on the right.

We did the 10 & 11 night Serenade cruise B2B a few years ago (and will be on again B2B this March) and there were less kids that we expected and very few college age kids.  The 10 & 11 night itinerary doesn't fit nicely into the typical break scheduling.

That said, we had a bit of a time with pre-cruise hotel though.  Our preferred was already booked for March and we did squeeze into our back-up.  Make reservations early if you need hotel space.