Nervous about stateroom

Nrknits

1 hour ago, Nrknits said:

We booked a Mini guarantee, we sail in 4 days, no room assignment yet. Mini's and Suites are sold out. What are they waiting for?  I only check the personalizer 5 or 6 times a day. Arrrrgh....

You will be assigned to at least the minimum category booked or higher. At worst you will be offered a great deal to accept a lower category or a move over offer. 

• Like 1

I know it is nerve racking when you are so close to sailing and have no idea where your cabin will be located.  However Princess is trying to find you a cabin that you reserved and is having a problem.  This is one of the downfalls of booking a guarantee.  They will have a cabin that you requested or better at this late date.  I doubt you will be given a move down or move over offer now.  So sit tight and wait at this point.   You may not find out the cabin number until the day you board.  

1 minute ago, jennybenny said:

That's great!! Was it the category you booked or better?  🙂

It was the category we booked, which is fine with me.  No upgrade, but I booked what I'd be happy with.  We always book guarantees, (29th cruise), but this is the longest we've gone without an assignment.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Nrknits said:

We booked a Mini guarantee, we sail in 4 days, no room assignment yet. Mini's and Suites are sold out. What are they waiting for?  I only check the personalizer 5 or 6 times a day. Arrrrgh....

Not good to book a gty.

8 hours ago, Nrknits said:

It was the category we booked, which is fine with me.  No upgrade, but I booked what I'd be happy with.  We always book guarantees, (29th cruise), but this is the longest we've gone without an assignment.

We have a gty booked for October 2019. It's for a Premium Ocean View. There are only a few of those on the ship and they are sold out. (Yes, I am certain they are sold out and not just "held" by some TA.) We have a long time to wait and, by the time the cruise rolls around, someone will either change cabins, drop the cruise, or be offered an upsell or downsell or move over. I'll be happy with the cabin we booked. I really don't anticipate any of those other options coming our way. However, of all of those possibilities, I'd likely prefer a move down so we still have the same cruise but it's free with a truckload of refundable OBC. 😛

All that stress for nothing. Have a great cruise.

Princess has this GTY thing down to a science, they have been doing to for a long time.

They have cabins behind the scenes and are shuffling right up to a few days before.

I always say if one is worried about the cabin/when they will be assigned don't book a GTY.

2 hours ago, riclop said:

Not good to book a gty.

It's not good if you're the type of person who gets anxious about where you cabin will be or if you have to be in a certain location to be happy. But if you're willing to gamble, it can pay off. We usually book guarantees when there's not a particular cabin we want available in a category. Sometimes, like on our cruise last month on the Royal, we took a gamble and booked a guarantee when there were cabins available in the category--the second lowest inside category (IE). We were lucky and were upgraded to a Cat. IB, and even luckier in that we got the assignment in time to pick out our actual cabin.