New Mystery Meal Specialty Dining?

POA1

3 hours ago, POA1 said:

... Have you really not seen EDST used before? ... 

Yes, but only when traveling in Australia, where that is the "official" (International) designation for "Eastern Daylight Saving Time".  On the other hand, the "official" (International) designation of the daylight saving time zone for the eastern region of the US is "EDT", which prevents confusion between Australian and US/Canada time zone references.  So that is why I follow the "When-in-Rome" approach to time zone references.  But, to each her/his own!

Edited by avian777

35 minutes ago, Bill B said:

All times should be given in GMT (UTC). :classic_tongue:

Well... in that case, this dinner of Italian origin and unknown menu us being held at 22:15 on December 24th and 01:00 Christmas Day -- unless the ship's clocks have changed by an hour at that point in our trip. While I can appreciate the desire for computer-like precision, that would mess up the concept of Christmas Even Dinner, IMHO. 🙃

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, POA1 said:

Well... in that case, this dinner of Italian origin and unknown menu us being held at 22:15 on December 24th and 01:00 Christmas Day -- unless the ship's clocks have changed by an hour at that point in our trip. While I can appreciate the desire for computer-like precision, that would mess up the concept of Christmas Even Dinner, IMHO. 🙃

Will be buffet!!!

buffet.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, regnig said:

I believe the other products are:

Little Debbie Swiss Cake Rolls

Little Debbie Chocolate Cupcakes  

Little Debbie Chocolate Chip Cakes

Hostess Twinkies

Love, just love the Redneck Calamari!

Where's the Redneck Caviar? (black-eyed peas, shoe peg corn, black beans, tomatoes, etc.  Best served with Tostitos for dipping.)

15 hours ago, Stratheden said:

In Australia we use AEDT not EDST

According to what I have personally observed used when traveling in Australia (unless my lying old eyes deceived me), BOTH the "ESDT" and "AEDT" designations are used.  Not to put too fine a point on it, but Wikipedia also indicates that BOTH designations are used in the eastern sections of Australia, to-wit:

The main DST zones are the following:

•    (Australian) Central Daylight Saving Time (CDST or ACDT) – UTC+10:30, in South Australia
  •    (Australian) Eastern Daylight Saving Time (EDST or AEDT) – UTC+11, in New South Wales, the ACT, Victoria, and Tasmania

Like a dog with a bone (Scooby snack?) your intrepid reporter has kept after this mystery Christmas Eve meal. There have been high points, when people like @RuthC suggested that it might be the Feast of the Seven Fishes - and low points, where the HAL site not only forgot my account existed, but went as far as to deny that our upcoming Christmas reservation was real.

I decided to check again today as it's been a little more than two weeks since they tried to sell us this special family dinner in Canaletto. Imagine my thrill when I logged in and saw that the page had been updated and now had a graphic.

Could it be that there's a menu? Is it a mid-November's miracle???

found-01-mystery-meal.thumb.JPG.ad47aba168a44953da1f53500433cd22.JPG

Lookee there! It's a graphic where once there was only a blank space and placeholder image. (It might just be me, but it looks like they're serving calamari ribbons, pine boughs, and Christmas balls. Very confusing.

But, when I clicked through on the page, there was - alas - no menu to be seen.

found-02-mystery-meal.thumb.JPG.eedbd607b854c7d8c5c8ed9883e415b6.JPG

Cue sad trombone.

Edited by POA1
  • Haha 1

On 11/8/2018 at 8:02 PM, Stratheden said:

Please tell me what is pink and brown in the centre of the photo. I want to avoid it at all cost. 🤣

As Dogstar said, Snowballs. They were brown (“chocolate”) cake, filled with “whipped cream”, and covered with a 1/4” marshmallow coating, then dipped in coconut. Kids love them. Or at least we did. We’d eat the cake out, then play with the marshmallow coating before eating it.