Can you bring a Keurig on board?

Cobra427SC

47 minutes ago, Cobra427SC said:

When i composed this fairly straightforward question,  i almost included "please don't tell me i can just buy a coffee card", but thought better of the audience. Misjudged that one. s

I don't think there is a straight forward answer. Even if you call Princess you will probably receive two different answers from two different representatives.  Now that they seem to be seeking out extension cords and power strips so diligently I wouldn't chance it. They may consider the appliance to be surge protected even though it isn't.

You can take an extension cord provided it is not a surge protector.  I would advise taking it in your carry-on since if it's in your luggage, they will hold it in security and you'll have to go down there and get it.  After you convince them it is not a surge protector.  

3 minutes ago, Cobra427SC said:

lamcruizin...i agree with your thinking. probably can't get a reliable answer and extension cords are almost certainly verboten thanx. s

Extension cords with surge suppressors are verbatim not all.  Use two every cruise with no problems.

2 hours ago, Potstech said:

Define"a good cup".  Taste is subjective.

Which is why I used "good". None of the coffee I've had aboard Princess comes close to my definition of good, a well rounded smooth dark roast.

16 hours ago, nukesubsailor said:

I don't know about the Keurigs but when we were on the Sapphire Princess in August the ship equipped our cabin with an electric kettle and a supply of coffee and tea.

That electric kettle was supplied by the ship.  One can assume that they were vetted as safe.

DON

Under prohibited items. Just love how it is tucked in after Hookahs

https://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/pre_cruise/prepare.jsp

• Hookah and Water Hookah Pipes, candles and incense, strike-anywhere matches, clothing irons, heating pads, hot plates, kettles, coffee makers, toasters and other electronic cooking appliances.

2 hours ago, broberts said:

Which is why I used "good". None of the coffee I've had aboard Princess comes close to my definition of good, a well rounded smooth dark roast.

We grind every pot as we go but don't buy dark roast coffee. Yes, it tastes fine but the darker the roast the lower the caffeine content. Gotta have my caffeine. 🙂

A "good" cup of coffee is definitely subjective. My wife loves coffee but doesn't care for Peet's. Some folks rave about it but she just doesn't care for the taste. We aren't big fans of French Roast. We buy our coffee as whole beans at Costco. There are a number of "types" or "regional" coffees we like. I agree that Princess doesn't make a fabulous cup of coffee - even if you get it from IC - but I'm on vacation and don't stress about it. I'll even have a cup in MDR sometimes and that can really vary in taste.

I may be reading the rule wrong, but to me it says you can bring one that is thermostatically controlled now.  It did read years ago, after the Star fire that was cigarette caused if I remember correctly, no heating elements were allowed.  Now we bring two extension cords that have not been confiscated, one is a surge -two outlet-two USB outlets and the other is just a four outlet non-surge.  Since my wife likes her own coffee in the morning, it is instant, we will now go looking for a good two cup water heater.  She has just used the tap hot before 'cuz she likes her coffee luke warm. (Why I ask?:classic_rolleyes:)

3 hours ago, Holomoku said:

I may be reading the rule wrong, but to me it says you can bring one that is thermostatically controlled now.  It did read years ago, after the Star fire that was cigarette caused if I remember correctly, no heating elements were allowed.  Now we bring two extension cords that have not been confiscated, one is a surge -two outlet-two USB outlets and the other is just a four outlet non-surge.  Since my wife likes her own coffee in the morning, it is instant, we will now go looking for a good two cup water heater.  She has just used the tap hot before 'cuz she likes her coffee luke warm. (Why I ask?:classic_rolleyes:)

Surge/peotection devices are not permitted onboard.

58 minutes ago, Holomoku said:

About 2 years ago I had an auto shut-off kettle confiscated on the Star Princess --the Captain's policy. Since then I have been on a mission to get clarity about the policy. The bottom line is that they are listed in the prohibited items. 

Surge protected extension cords or outlets are also prohibited. https://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/pre_cruise/bring.jsp

Alaskanb,

Good work on getting a definitive answer to this question.  I went to the site and here it is:   

• Hookah and Water Hookah Pipes, candles and incense, strike-anywhere matches, clothing irons, heating pads, hot plates, kettles, coffee makers, toasters and other electronic cooking appliances.

under the prohibited items.  I guess I never read far enough down that page.  Saves us $$ not buying a water heater for her coffee.  SWMBO will not be happy since I already told her I was looking online for one.  That is "She Who Must Be Obeyed"

Mahalo,

Holomoku:classic_rolleyes:

15 hours ago, Holomoku said:

is the 'yellow' color an Hawaiian thing? -very difficult to read so I have to skip your posts - couldn't read this one...sorry

22 hours ago, Holomoku said:

Alaskanb,

Good work on getting a definitive answer to this question.  I went to the site and here it is:   

under the prohibited items.  I guess I never read far enough down that page.  Saves us $$ not buying a water heater for her coffee.  SWMBO will not be happy since I already told her I was looking online for one.  That is "She Who Must Be Obeyed"

Mahalo,

Holomoku:classic_rolleyes:

Thought I had replied but do not see my response. If you want to risk taking a kettle I like the Bodum 1 liter one --check it out on Amazon. I also take mugs so I can have a large drink first thing. We typically order room service breakfast with 2 carafes of "boiling water" then make either tea or coffee. You can order using the in-room card or the ships intranet system. 

Aloha Voljeep,

I'll do this one in blue for you, but only one person saying that out of my 1200+ posts is no reason to change.  I just like color, so if we get a chance to cruise together you will see me in very bright multi colored shirts a different one for each day and others for the evenings.  No not Hawaiian just me.  This is "yellow",  I don't know what the name for the color I choose is?

Ahoy Alaskanb,

I'll look up that one tonight, but like I said, my DW really likes her coffee in the morning just luke warm, not hot so the tap water works well with her blend of instant.

Holomoku