Celebrity Apex's Blocks Are In The House!

Tall-Cruiser

VTCruising or C-Dragons - you can probably answer this for me, but anyone else can chime in too.  I was on the Edge Inaugural and I know I met C-Dragons on that cruise. Had an infinite Balcony on that cruise - just not for me.  I have not been keeping up on this thread because of that. And I'm hoping that one of you or both, can fill me in on exactly what changes Celebrity is making to the Apex as opposed to when the Edge was launched. I have a couple of friends booked on the Apex in Dec 2020 and considering joining them.  Thanks in advance.

22 minutes ago, ecslady said:

VTCruising or C-Dragons - you can probably answer this for me, but anyone else can chime in too.  I was on the Edge Inaugural and I know I met C-Dragons on that cruise. Had an infinite Balcony on that cruise - just not for me.  I have not been keeping up on this thread because of that. And I'm hoping that one of you or both, can fill me in on exactly what changes Celebrity is making to the Apex as opposed to when the Edge was launched. I have a couple of friends booked on the Apex in Dec 2020 and considering joining them.  Thanks in advance.

We are not sure, but the IVs have frosted the glass in the IVs (bifold doors ) on the Edge and they are changing the furniture so that it will fit better (without having to move it so much when shutting the doors). Not sure if there will be other improvements to the IVs.

They have said that they will do more to decrease the wind on the MC and RTG (wind shields) and add noise barriers around the restaurants of the Grand Plaza to decrease the noise issue.  Eden has changed on the Edge in that the Edeneist show is only a few times a week and it is at 10:15 (after dinner) and more acrobatic and athletic. The other evenings has other live music there. Maybe they will have a different plan for Apex Eden altogether. The activities on the Edge have really improved and most seem to be happy with the mix. They are supposedly putting at bar in the Retreat Lounge.

Those are the only things I can remember that people onboard have shared with people here. LLP says that the ships will be twins with some tweaks. Of course, the art will be different and we can only hope that have have listened to feedback about the seating and other design issues.

Many of us are going back to the Edge or Apex in Sunset Verandas with traditional balconies. The suites are not worth it for us at the current price point, but the SV's are about the same or less than the cheapest IV.

I am booked for the Apex Inaugural and hope the stars align for me to be on her and a bunch of us have a Nov 2020 Apex cruise booked as well (all in SV's). I hope they start revealing things about this ship soon! 🙂

Edited by vtcruising

6 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

We are not sure, but the IVs have frosted the glass in the IVs (bifold doors ) on the Edge and they are changing the furniture so that it will fit better (without having to move it so much when shutting the doors). Not sure if there will be other improvements to the IVs.

They have said that they will do more to decrease the wind on the MC and RTG (wind shields) and add noise barriers around the restaurants of the Grand Plaza to decrease the noise issue.  Eden has changed on the Edge in that the Edeneist show is only a few times a week and it is at 10:15 (after dinner) and more acrobatic and athletic. The other evenings has other live music there. Maybe they will have a different plan for Apex Eden altogether. The activities on the Edge have really improved and most seem to be happy with the mix. They are supposedly putting at bar in the Retreat Lounge.

Those are the only things I can remember that people onboard have shared with people here. LLP says that the ships will be twins with some tweaks. Of course, the art will be different and we can only hope that have have listened to feedback about the seating and other design issues.

Many of us are going back to the Edge or Apex in Sunset Verandas with traditional balconies. The suites are not worth it for us at the current price point, but the SV's are about the same or less than the cheapest IV.

I am booked for the Apex Inaugural and hope the stars align for me to be on her and a bunch of us have a Nov 2020 Apex cruise booked as well (all in SV's). I hope they start revealing things about this ship soon! 🙂

Thanks for the comments.  The SV is appealing.

10 minutes ago, ecslady said:

Thanks for the comments.  The SV is appealing.

If you go with an SV, the two center ones on decks 7 and 8 have the largest balconies (the firewalls on each side splay out), with the balconies on either side of those 4 being the smallest SV balconies. The others are all average size for SVs, but good-sized (~89 sq ft). The living area of the SVs is longer too (about 228 sq ft total).

Edited by vtcruising

18 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

If you go with an SV, the two center ones on decks 7 and 8 have the largest balconies (the firewalls on each side splay out), with the balconies on either side of those 4 being the smallest SV balconies. The others are all average size for SVs, but good-sized (~89 sq ft). The living area of the SVs is longer too (about 228 sq ft total).

Do you think Eden will obstruct the view of deck 7 SVs?  K

12 minutes ago, Oville said:

So far I have only seen positive reports about those deck 7 cabins. We had friends in a deck 7 S1 and they absolutely loved it and said the view was fine. I imagine the view straight down is a bit impacted, but the view of the wake should still be great. I wish I had gone to check it out! I will ask them if they have any pictures. 🙂

6 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

So far I have only seen positive reports about those deck 7 cabins. We had friends in a deck 7 S1 and they absolutely loved it and said the view was fine. I imagine the view straight down is a bit impacted, but the view of the wake should still be great. I wish I had gone to check it out! I will ask them if they have any pictures. 🙂

Thanks, I think we’re in one on deck 9 in one of the center and probably will stay put.

Edited by Oville

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

Thanks.  Reminds me of the M Class aft balconies.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Oville said:

Good question.. We  are booked on 7 on EDGE and were more  concerned about noise/ vibrations coming up from EDEN during the show,  and also the speakers  that are outdoors from EDEN.  Have not heard any recent complaints.

As fir the view,  I am afraid of heights so will not be standing at the railing in any event,..more likely to enjoy the spacious balc close in,..esp if we have lounge chairs. 

For APEX  (APX),  we are booked on deck 9 SV.  Much depends on how we enjoy our return to EDGE.  Have read reports of loud music loop being re introduced on the ships but we hever heard  any of that on EDGE in January.  Also, we  hope it will not be cookie cutter  same as EDGE  esp EDEN show..  Got a good price for 7 days,  so our current thoughts are we will likely stick with it!   And hopefully meet all our EDGiE friends!

1 hour ago, hcat said:

Good question.. We  are booked on 7 on EDGE and were more  concerned about noise/ vibrations coming up from EDEN during the show,  and also the speakers  that are outdoors from EDEN.  Have not heard any recent complaints.

As fir the view,  I am afraid of heights so will not be standing at the railing in any event,..more likely to enjoy the spacious balc close in,..esp if we have lounge chairs. 

For APEX  (APX),  we are booked on deck 9 SV.  Much depends on how we enjoy our return to EDGE.  Have read reports of loud music loop being re introduced on the ships but we hever heard  any of that on EDGE in January.  Also, we  hope it will not be cookie cutter  same as EDGE  esp EDEN show..  Got a good price for 7 days,  so our current thoughts are we will likely stick with it!   And hopefully meet all our EDGiE friends!

I have talked to 3 different people so far about deck 7 cabins (2 in SVs on CC and 1 in a corner S1, who is a friend) and all say that there was no noise from Eden. One person mentioned light from Eden, but the other two said there wasn't a light issue for them, so we will see. I saw a picture of the view from one of the cabins and, though it wasn't right at the rail, Eden wasn't in the picture - just the wake. At the rail I will expect to see Eden below, but I will hopefully be in my lounger most of the time. 😉

This a picture down from my deck 11 rail (from 11268). You can see Eden below (the heads you see look to be at the rail on 7).

image.png.a14d6589626bdd3a1832003d0b060b59.png

The reason we love the aft!

image.thumb.png.8f3bca00ca9ede4e360fb601cf380eea.png

Edited by vtcruising

Agree that there is likely a lot of work going on inside. Wish I could be a fly on the wall....  She will be turned over to X in early March most likely (and won't have a TA without passengers to do finish work as Edge had) - Edge was turned over Oct 31 and first Press and Trade cruise was 11/25. The Apex is supposed to have short Press and Trade cruises starting in late March.  Let's hope there are no delays!

• 2 weeks later...

People may have seen on another thread that they added an Apex Preview cruise on 4/1/20 - 4 nights going to Bruges and Amsterdam, so looks like she is on time for delivery in March!! 🙂

Edited by vtcruising

That is certainly good news! Still surprised with lack of reveals of any kind from Celebrity! Do they think because Edge is already sailed that cruisers aren't interested in how the Apex is progressing? Why miss such a great promotional opportunity?

13 minutes ago, SCGirl3211 said:

That is certainly good news! Still surprised with lack of reveals of any kind from Celebrity! Do they think because Edge is already sailed that cruisers aren't interested in how the Apex is progressing? Why miss such a great promotional opportunity?

I think it will happen soon. Not as much to reveal but LLP said there would be reveals to generate excitement.

9 hours ago, vtcruising said:

People may have seen on another thread that they added an Apex Preview cruise on 4/1/20 - 4 nights going to Bruges and Amsterdam, so looks like she is on time for delivery in March!! 🙂

So we aren't really "The Inaugural Cruise".  😞

25 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

So we aren't really "The Inaugural Cruise".  😞

Yes, we are! The official Inaugural Cruise will have the gifts and celebrations of the Inaugural. I went on the first preview cruise for the Edge and, though exciting, there were no celebrations, fanfare, gifts. etc. Also, everything wasn't up and running on the ship and the crew was often confused about things. Being on the Preview Cruise will be exciting, but being on the 8 night official Inaugural will be even better! 🙂

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Yes, we are! The official Inaugural Cruise will have the gifts and celebrations of the Inaugural. I went on the first preview cruise for the Edge and, though exciting, there were no celebrations, fanfare, gifts. etc. Also, everything wasn't up and running on the ship and the crew was often confused about things. Being on the Preview Cruise will be exciting, but being on the 8 night official Inaugural will be even better! 🙂

But someone will have already slept in "my" bed and used the facilities.  

I'm teasing..no biggy, but it would have been nice to have heard about from X rather than on CC.  

Like one of the CD's said, they check CC to see where they are being assigned next. LOL

Thanks vtc.....good to hear the difference.

I finally did get an email:

About your upcoming travels

Dear Guest,

We look forward to welcoming you aboard the revolutionary, new Celebrity ApexSM for your 8-Night Spain & Portugal Cruise departing from Southampton, England on Sunday, April 5th, 2020, but first we have some exciting news to share with you.

Celebrity ApexSM will be completed ahead of schedule, allowing her to enter service earlier than expected.  That means we can offer a new 4-Night Preview Voyage, visiting Belgium and the Netherlands, in advance of the currently scheduled Maiden Voyage.  She’ll still make her official debut on your 8-Night Maiden Voyage visiting the breathtaking ports of Bilbao, Lisbon, Leixoes, and Le Havre including all of the inaugural festivities.

The addition of this new sailing does not in any way affect your current booking on Celebrity Apex. However, we understand how exciting it is to be a part of the very first sailing with guests onboard.  So if you’d like to transfer to the new preview sailing, we’d be happy to adjust your current booking, at prevailing rate with no penalty. You will also have the opportunity to book the new April 1st Preview Sailing and sail back to back on the April 5th voyage.  

We’ve included both itineraries below for your convenience.  

Image did not load.

Please call us at 1-800-280-3423 to take advantage of any of these opportunities. If you’d simply like to remain on your current sailing, there is no action needed. Either way, we hope you’re as excited to welcome Celebrity Apex as we are.

Sincerely,

Celebrity Cruises