Internet

st5310

I'm booked on the Grandeur, B2B Dec 13-22 and Dec 22 thru Jan 3.  Diamond Plus.  Trying to figure out the best way to order an internet package.  I know there are C&A discounts and I have spoken to an agent, but when he tried to explain the math I zoned out.  I could use a primer on purchasing internet packages.  Is it better to order pre-cruise or wait until aboard ship?  I'll be bringing a laptop and my wife her iPhone, so I'm thinking two devices.

Thank you!  Neil

We are aboard Liberty and the onboard cost is 12.95 or 17.95 for streaming.  My wife had streaming pre-booked for like 14.95 and it went down to 9.99 so she cancelled and rebooked. I don’t know anything about primers or C&A discounts but simple math tells me that’s a pretty good deal and I should pre-book.  

I used it it to watch the final World Series game and several times for FaceTime with no problems, even in our cabin on deck 8.  As always YMMV

56 minutes ago, st5310 said:

I'm booked on the Grandeur, B2B Dec 13-22 and Dec 22 thru Jan 3.  Diamond Plus.  Trying to figure out the best way to order an internet package.  I know there are C&A discounts and I have spoken to an agent, but when he tried to explain the math I zoned out.  I could use a primer on purchasing internet packages.  Is it better to order pre-cruise or wait until aboard ship?  I'll be bringing a laptop and my wife her iPhone, so I'm thinking two devices.

Thank you!  Neil

Do you need video streaming?

Do you need both devices to be online simultaneously?

Do you need access 24 hours every day of the cruise?

1 hour ago, st5310 said:

Thank you!  Neil

My wife and I both use our iPads frequently throughout a cruise, but rarely (if ever) have anything important enough for both of us to be online at the same time, so we just buy a single device package and share it. We bought the streaming package once, but since all of the streaming services we use at home were either location dependent (i.e. DirectvNow) or blocked we won't bother doing that again.

2 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Do you need video streaming?

Do you need both devices to be online simultaneously?

Do you need access 24 hours every day of the cruise?

Thanks, Bob.  I do not need streaming, both devices do not need to be online at the same time, but it would be convenient, and I don't need 24-hour access, but definitely every day, AM and PM.

13 minutes ago, st5310 said:

Thanks, Bob.  I do not need streaming, both devices do not need to be online at the same time, but it would be convenient, and I don't need 24-hour access, but definitely every day, AM and PM.

You will have to do the math to compare the pre-cruise pricing with what the cost will be onboard with your D+ discount.  Your D+ discount will be $46 off a package.  Pre-cruise pricing is usually Stream, but if you only need Surf, you may find that onboard pricing with your discount is better.  Note also that if you purchase onboard, you can skip the first day (because you are in port most of the day) and buy on day 2, so one day fewer will be charged.

Here are the onboard prices: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=55188055&postcount=105

Royal Caribbean had a 1/2 price sale ,  purchased 2 devices for $18.99 day. for surf and streaming. So for $138.00 DH and I are covered for the complete 7 days .If all goes well,  now, should we choose,  also be able to watch any favorite shows streaming from our home TV.   

10 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

You will have to do the math to compare the pre-cruise pricing with what the cost will be onboard with your D+ discount.  Your D+ discount will be $46 off a package.  Pre-cruise pricing is usually Stream, but if you only need Surf, you may find that onboard pricing with your discount is better.  Note also that if you purchase onboard, you can skip the first day (because you are in port most of the day) and buy on day 2, so one day fewer will be charged.

Here are the onboard prices: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=55188055&postcount=105

Also wait on B2B to start Internet on second cruise, the first cruise Internet is good threw most of the first day on second cruise. I'm sitting in my cabin using it while new passengers are waiting to get in there rooms.