Majestic Princess - more 'move over' offers.

NSWP

20 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Yes, it was a good offer. Although it feels bitter sweet, normally we would be about ready for muster drill and sailaway drinks at this time.

Ah well, your 'Mustard Drill' and 'Stewart' will be waiting for another time, as will the 'Horizontal Court.' :classic_rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 6:35 PM, Seadog & Sea Hag said:

Just received another “move over “ offer of majestic on 30 December. Full refund in OBC, free 14 day and possibly an upgrade. Laughed my head off and said No 

Mate, great offer but only if it suits to postpone. I would have grabbed it, just like I did with our November one. We have a Mini suite on the Majestic in 2020 with total cost of what we paid as OBC (refundable).

• Like 1

I got the offer too. I took it. Was going on a 4 day cruise on Sun Princess  on Jan 5, now going on 10 day cruise on the Majestic with upgrade to balcony and price of cruise with refundable OBC. Didn't really care if I didn't go on this cruise as it was the cruise you have when you're not having  cruise - just a little jaunt up to Moreton Island.

Couldn't be happier.

2 minutes ago, christodan said:

I got the offer too. I took it. Was going on a 4 day cruise on Sun Princess  on Jan 5, now going on 10 day cruise on the Majestic with upgrade to balcony and price of cruise with refundable OBC. Didn't really care if I didn't go on this cruise as it was the cruise you have when you're not having  cruise - just a little jaunt up to Moreton Island.

Couldn't be happier.

SCORE!!!

3 hours ago, christodan said:

Couldn't be happier.

Excellent.

Have accepted a “move over” offer for our 18 December cruise.  Swapped our deluxe balcony for an obstructed view and have been offered a considerable OBC.  Couldn’t refuse as I thought the offer was generous.  TA advised Princess over sold this cruise it appears they are doing this more frequently anticipating last minute cancellations which are not happening.

27 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Well done KangaKid, I think they are over zealous in the booking or their booking system itself is not functioning properly.

I think it’s less cancellations than normal fir the first season if such a new ship.

13 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

I think it’s less cancellations than normal fir the first season if such a new ship.

4 hours ago, The_Big_M said:

Though offers are coming on other ships as much as well.

My guess is they have underestimated the demand from the Northern Hemisphere markets and have taken guarantee bookings that they have to honour. The newer ships are attracting a market that would not come on down before and cruise in the old "tubs"

1 hour ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

My guess is they have underestimated the demand from the Northern Hemisphere markets and have taken guarantee bookings that they have to honour. The newer ships are attracting a market that would not come on down before and cruise in the old "tubs"

I agree with you.

On our cruise in September on the Majestic out to the Islands there were lots of Americans. Now I have never seen that before on a Princess return cruise out of Sydney to the Islands.

They are also doing offers on The Sun Princess 4 day out of Sydney to Moreton Island and return on Jan 5th 2019. Sister-in-law's sister got an offer but didn't take it up. Not sure what exactly but it did include a free 10 day cruise.....

46 minutes ago, Thorpe said:

They are also doing offers on The Sun Princess 4 day out of Sydney to Moreton Island and return on Jan 5th 2019. Sister-in-law's sister got an offer but didn't take it up. Not sure what exactly but it did include a free 10 day cruise.....

Would have been nice for them if they wanted to take it up.

2 hours ago, Thorpe said:

plus upgrade and refundable OBC was included on the Sun princess cruise. I called up after the first offer but they said were all taken. Then I got same offer second round later that day. Couldn't turn that down. Best thing is the new cruise  I took on Majestic is only balconies and inside cabins. So our upgrade jumped two levels from inside to balcony on Majestic. And we are five people in two cabins - so we got a $10 500 cruise for port taxes only if we spend nothing on next cruise. Amazing!

Edited by christodan
typo

Yes Mic. It worked out really well. I feel like I won a prize really.

They give you six weeks to choose another cruise. In my excitement I chose another straight away. I was paranoid that they would renege on the offer as  the lady on the phone said it was usual to get offered another cruise up to 10 days when the original was only 4 days.

Edited by christodan