Diamond plus no longer getting to skip the line when boarding?

I don’t even care about the show seating.  We go early enough (with reservations) So we have no problem getting good seats.

What I really hate the most....and I know this sounds silly but....we sail out of Canaveral a lot and we were so looking forward to going into the lounge section before boarding and getting out of small, cramped Diamond “corral”.

Oh well.....😂😂

3 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

I don’t even care about the show seating.  We go early enough (with reservations) So we have no problem getting good seats.

What I really hate the most....and I know this sounds silly but....we sail out of Canaveral a lot and we were so looking forward to going into the lounge section before boarding and getting out of small, cramped Diamond “corral”.

Oh well.....😂😂

If you are talking about the separate waiting area is the terminal it was still there three weeks ago

3 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

But I am getting the impression it is now for suites and Pinnacles only.....

This thread is talking about the line to go thru security to get into the terminal.  In the past D+ (maybe even D) members could go thru the suite/pinnacle line.  They are no longer allowing that.  There is still priority check in and waiting area once you are inside the terminal

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

This thread is talking about the line to go thru security to get into the terminal.  In the past D+ (maybe even D) members could go thru the suite/pinnacle line.  They are no longer allowing that.  There is still priority check in and waiting area once you are inside the terminal

Yay!!  Thank you!!

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

News in the UK is the ship is going back to PC a day early.

267 passengers affected but everyone getting a full refund.

That’s what I read about the refunds.  However, Fox 35 News anchor just stated the full refunds are to those affected by virus.

It’ll be interesting, especially since the cruise is being shortened by one night.

😉

3 minutes ago, iuki said:

That’s what I read about the refunds.  However, Fox 35 News anchor just stated the full refunds are to those affected by virus.

It’ll be interesting, especially since the cruise is being shortened by one night.

😉

UK news.

Screenshot_20190110-224425.jpg

41 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

We're fine and all reports indicate we are getting full refund.  I'll report back if that's not the case

Dang John you seem to be getting more than your share of shortened cruises lately :classic_ohmy:

Now you will have another FCC to book with.  Might have to follow you and Lala to cruise on the same ships to get some of that FCC 😈  We are lucky that with 30+ cruises and have never had a shortened cruise.   Missed Labadee and Coco Cay once but that is about it.  Have a safe and healthy cruise.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Oneluckywoman said:

Yes i asked him if d+ was no longer allowed to sit there and he said no. I asked if there was any other special seating for us and he said no. 

Might want to speak with loyalty ambassador.  Here are the terms from royals T&C. They could argue that this is not a select ship.  But Oasis class has allowed D+ to sit in the section before.  Could also be that the usher is uninformed and does not know that D+ are allowed to sit in section.

Here is what is listed on the C&A page at royalcaribbean.com

Exclusive Nightly Diamond Event with complimentary drink vouchers

Personalized Gift/Amenity

Priority Seating at Theatre, Ice Show and AquaTheater Events 10

"On select ships only. Priority Seating at Theater, ice show & AquaTheater events will be held up to ten minutes before show time. To reserve show times before you board, visit the Pre Cruise Planner section on your local site."

16 hours ago, molly361 said:

Why would they have a Suite Pinnacle access if D+ and D were also allowed. Wouldn’t that water down the perk for Suites and Pinnacles?  

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

31 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Why would they have a Suite Pinnacle access if D+ and D were also allowed. Wouldn’t that water down the perk for Suites and Pinnacles?  

Isn't that the same as asking why would they have suite access if pinnacles are also allowed? In the past it was suites, pinnacle, D+, and I am pretty sure D. We didn't enter through the suite entrance. It was the entrance for each of those groups.

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Isn't that the same as asking why would they have suite access if pinnacles are also allowed? In the past it was suites, pinnacle, D+, and I am pretty sure D. We didn't enter through the suite entrance. It was the entrance for each of those groups.

You make my point exactly. The C&A terms indicate priority embarkation and doesn’t address checkin, especially Security. 

And I agree, the Suite Lounge should be for Suites only. 

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

4 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

You make my point exactly. The C&A terms indicate priority embarkation and doesn’t address checkin, especially Security. 

And I agree, the Suite Lounge should be for Suites only. 

I didn't know we were even talking about the lounges. In the past D+ has quick access into the security entrance. That is the only thing that I was addressing.

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I didn't know we were even talking about the lounges. In the past D+ has quick access into the security entrance. That is the only thing that I was addressing.

Every cruise I have been on had access for both Suites and Pinnacles for checkin (and Security). It’s on the sign. The only place i’m aware any signage says Suites (and doesn’t list Pinnacles) is the Suite Lounge. 

6 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Every cruise I have been on had access for both Suites and Pinnacles for checkin (and Security). It’s on the sign. The only place i’m aware any signage says Suites (and doesn’t list Pinnacles) is the Suite Lounge. 

And D+ used to be there for security, too. Isn't that the subject of this thread?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

We're fine and all reports indicate we are getting full refund.  I'll report back if that's not the case

Happy to hear you both are fine.  Spectrum News 13 just said that all passengers are getting a refund.  Take care.

1 hour ago, iuki said:

Happy to hear you both are fine.  Spectrum News 13 just said that all passengers are getting a refund.  Take care.

Will do.  We are starting to see refunds for tips and port charges get applied to our onboard account.

There is one refund of $28.05 that I can't figure out.  

12 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Will do.  We are starting to see refunds for tips and port charges get applied to our onboard account.

There is one refund of $28.05 that I can't figure out.  

Pleased you are both well.

Sky news amongst others in the UK report all passengers are getting full refunds.

22 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I agree.

The common denominator in all this is

D+ are the big losers in benefits in several areas now.

Not funny, but maybe RCL will figure out a program similar to the key to let you have it back.  And it will only be an exclusive perk for D+.  Flowrider lessons included of course.

Edited by parrotfeathers