Music Walk on the Nieuw Statendam- They Got it Right!

stickey_mouse

I apologize if this has already been posted.

Captain Albert's blog post from today indicated that Billboard Onboard and Rolling Stock Rock Room will share a venue, while BB Kings and Lincoln Center will share another venue (The Queen's Lounge). I was just about to post about how this contradicts the deck plans, but alas, they have updated the deck plan to reflect this! (previous deck plans placed Billboard Onboard across from Pinnacle Grill/Sal de Mer, which would obviously disrupt diners). Technically, it looks like the Rock Room and Billboard are opposite each other, in the big space FWD on Deck 2.

I think this arrangement makes much more sense than Lincoln Center having the Queen's Lounge all to itself, given its beautiful setting and nice dancefloor. The Ocean Bar appears to have retained its space across from Pinnacle/Rudi's, which I suppose is a good thing.

Bravo, HAL, for figuring this out! 

Edited by stickey_mouse

The BB King group usually has their equipment setup on the stage in the Queens Lounge - wonder how that will work when the Lincoln Center folks come in between sets?  I do like the idea - just wondering about the logistics.

1 hour ago, iflyrc5 said:

The BB King group usually has their equipment setup on the stage in the Queens Lounge - wonder how that will work when the Lincoln Center folks come in between sets?  I do like the idea - just wondering about the logistics.

Lincoln Center is normally finished when BBK starts, so no problem there.  Maybe they will install a rotating stage in Queen's Lounge, or they will just utilize the floor for the Lincoln Center artistes and the audience will be 'in the round'.

So glad to see this! Their proposal to take BB King out of the Queen's Lounge was a huge mistake! Still may be the issue of the sounds of guests walking along the music walk during a strings performance. Hopefully they have installed some sound insulating glass along the walkway next to the Queen's Lounge to prevent the noise bleed. Regarding the logistics issue - first of all, the strings play early in the evening and the BB King band plays later in the evening. They don't alternate sets. I was a drummer in a band for 20 years. Moving the instruments (drums, keyboard, etc.) isn't a problem. Preset on movable platforms, they could be repositioned in just a few minutes.

I hope this is GREAT news!!!!

It will be if they work out the details - like dance floor(s)

With the proposed deck plan, there were just too many conflicting and sometimes loud venues going on,  and NO place to just hang out and relax with a lighter atmosphere.

We can now give HAL some credit and kick ourselves in the behind and say "Now, why didn't 'I' think of that!!!!"

1 hour ago, Wishing on a star said:

I hope this is GREAT news!!!!

It will be if they work out the details - like dance floor(s)

With the proposed deck plan, there were just too many conflicting and sometimes loud venues going on,  and NO place to just hang out and relax with a lighter atmosphere.

We can now give HAL some credit and kick ourselves in the behind and say "Now, why didn't 'I' think of that!!!!"

48 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

I am trying to look at the new Deck Plans,  and in both Safari and Firefox, the display is so screwed up that I can't really look at it.

Is anyone else having this problem?

If it is something with the HAL web-site, I hope it is corrected soon.

Look at the PDF files, they work just fine. Did you decide to stick with the N.S. even though it's a mirror of its sister, the K-dam, and will feature modern decor and bring colors? 

Edited by stickey_mouse

1 hour ago, Wishing on a star said:

I am trying to look at the new Deck Plans,  and in both Safari and Firefox, the display is so screwed up that I can't really look at it.

Is anyone else having this problem?

If it is something with the HAL web-site, I hope it is corrected soon.

I use chrome and am having the same issue.  What is extra weird is some of the decks are normal and some are really messed up. It has been like this for me since yesterday.

Just Google Holland America Nieuw Statendam deck plan and download the pdf. It clearly shows the revised venue designations. Thank goodness someone re-thought their original design. Now just add a dance floor to the new rock venue - then it will be perfect! Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

Yes, I  am following Capt.Albert!!!

StickeyMouse...

Yes, for the itinerary, and the new ship,  we are still planning on the Nieuw Statandam!!!

Princess just came out with their 2020, and their upcoming brand new ship.   (Just went online, but is already getting heavily booked!!!).  But we still like this itinerary...  don't want to put this off for another year...   And I think the Celebrity Edge is just too big, too 'much', and too expensive.

If we sail Europe, first visit ever,  it is still planned for the N.S. next year!!!!

I do see that the dining room is exactly the same.  Which is not to my taste...  and the one huge cavernous two-level dining room is also something that I do not look forward to.    That really was the biggest of my dislikes!

Some of the new artwork looks nice!!!!

The N.S. should be a wonderful ship.

If the Music Walk will be as described, and the Ocean Bar is there -  then that is a real PLUS for me, as well.