Promo Beverage Package - Coffee?

themutis

Always read the T&Cs of a promo so there's no surprises. 

https://www.ncl.com/terms/ultimate-beverage-package

There are bottled water packages you may purchase separately. These bottles are delivered to your stateroom at the beginning of the cruise and not available at bars / restaurants 

Edited by esm54687
  • Like 1

https://www.ncl.com/onboard-packages/bottled-water-packages?cid=PS_TSI_GENERIC_GEN_GOO-g_LEN_SRH_NA__aud-452623780948:dsa-19959388920&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_tjC3JPG3gIVhchkCh0QOAG0EAAYASAAEgIR2_D_BwE

ottled Water Packages

Receive savings of up to 65% when you purchase water packages versus individual bottles onboard.

Bottled Water Packages

For all ships except Pride of America

Note: 20% gratuities & service charge will be applied at time of purchase

6-pack (1-liter bottles) $14.95
12-pack (1-liter bottles) $27.95
24-pack (1-liter bottles) $44.95

Pride of America sailings only

12-pack (1-liter bottles) $27.95
24-pack (500-milliliter bottles) $29.95

20 minutes ago, themutis said:

So we can buy a water package?  I see mention of it online but not on the ncl website.  I need water.  what options are available?

Thanks

I only mentioned the bottled water package because you asked if bottled water was in the UBP....... bring a refillable travel bottle (or 2) and there is plenty of clean, cold, and free water as well. 

• Like 1

There are free coffee dispensers in the breakfast/dinner areas.  The Specialty coffees are not included with the Beverage Packages.

We buy some bottled water using our onboard spending account given to us when paying for the cruise.  In that sense, it is free.

We also bring a water thermos or two and fill up in the dining area where I assume the chilled water is filtered.  When boarding on one cruise they took my empty plastic water bottle from my backpack.   That’s why we now bring souvenir water thermoses.  They won’t take those (haha).

As was mentioned in post # 6, after gratuity, the 6 pack of 1 liter bottles will run you 18.00, or 3.00 per.  The only coffee included in the drinks package is the Buena Vista style Irish Coffee, which is available at certain bars and specialty restaurants.

4 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

As was mentioned in post # 6, after gratuity, the 6 pack of 1 liter bottles will run you 18.00, or 3.00 per.  The only coffee included in the drinks package is the Buena Vista style Irish Coffee, which is available at certain bars and specialty restaurants.

Any alcohol / coffee drink is included not just Irish (such as spanish, snow cap (my favorite)).....  if the bar has coffee and someone knows the ingredients they will make it. 

2 hours ago, LrgPizza said:

The cleanest, healthiest, and best water you can drink is going to be the ship's free water. If you'd prefer the lesser bottled water, you can buy a package once you're on the ship, or pay for individual bottles.

The water packages are cheaper if you pre book. I drink tons of water, so I had some delivered to the cabin, plus brought a yeti to carry around.

13 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

The water packages are cheaper if you pre book. I drink tons of water, so I had some delivered to the cabin, plus brought a yeti to carry around.

I wouldn't know since I only drink the ship's water, since it's healthier and better prepared. Bottled water is one of the biggest scams in the world. I also bring my Yeti to refill and keep ice water with me nearly all the time.

4 hours ago, 4774Papa said:

Sorry, but the NCL beverage package stinks.  It is overvalued, adds 20% gratuities and its wine choices are poor.  Also, doesn't include coffees, water or juice like Celebrity.

Very helpful...

5 hours ago, 4774Papa said:

Sorry, but the NCL beverage package stinks.  It is overvalued, adds 20% gratuities and its wine choices are poor.  Also, doesn't include coffees, water or juice like Celebrity.

But no one buys it,  you couldn't make it pay for itself unless you were a raging alcoholic.  If you drank beer you would need to knock back 24 just to break even, or about 14 cocktails.  The included wine choices really are terrible.  I talked to a head waiter and even he agreed.  I also wish they could make a decent cup of coffee on NCL.  I lost count of how many coffees I sent back on my last cruise.  Mostly because of them tasting like colored water but once or twice they were closer to motor oil. The only decent coffee we got was in the specialties.

7 hours ago, 4774Papa said:

The don't take it as a perk or don't purchase it, as not everything works for everybody.

I think it is fine as a perk.  I drink more than what the 20% costs me and it would cost me much more if I don't take the perk.  If I want wine, I'll bring it on, since I don't like any of their choice either on the UBP or off.  I don't drink coffee.  I bring a reuseable bottle for water, since the ship's water is fine.  I only drink juice in the morning and there is juice at the restaurants and if I want real juice, I'll simply order a screwdriver with the vodka on the side.

Edited by NLH Arizona
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, esm54687 said:

Any alcohol / coffee drink is included not just Irish (such as spanish, snow cap (my favorite)).....  if the bar has coffee and someone knows the ingredients they will make it. 

Hi, i love coffee drinks and have never heard of the snow cap - did you get this on an NCL cruise? Would you mind sharing the recipe?  Sounds yummy just by name :)

7 minutes ago, sc71 said:

Hi, i love coffee drinks and have never heard of the snow cap - did you get this on an NCL cruise? Would you mind sharing the recipe?  Sounds yummy just by name 🙂

There are a couple variations but one of my favorites is vanilla vodka, Frangelico liqueur, and coffee...... then topped with whipped cream and a raspberry as garnish.    Yes, I've had it on NCL and covered by UBP. 
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, mjkacmom said:

As mentioned by mjkacmom Yeti's are the answer.  If you've never had one, buy one.  Keep water cold all night, ice will survive, next to the bed.  Keep my tea (not a coffee drinker) hot for hours, not warm, hot.

Ships water is probably safer than most city water.  Think if you can of the issues, legal and otherwise, if that water they use to cook your food, make your ice, and put in your glass at the table was anything but ultra filtered, reverse osmosis purified no matter where you take it on.   Just like what they do with bottled water,  take it from the city supply and do what I just said, and then charge you many bucks.  Get a Yeti.

Edited by Aesop081
left out some text
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, podgeandrodge said:

We have Ultimate Beverage Package with specialty coffee in restaurants and juice (not fresh) as well as 1 litre water per person per cabin per day. Is this different than US customers? (UK/Ireland bookings?) 

Yes it is, enjoy.