Any chance of getting a mobile app back?

On 12/30/2018 at 1:07 PM, POA1 said:

I should also add that you can attach multiple photos at once, something you cannot do with the browser based file picker - at least in Android. 

I can add multiples from the recent photos group on my Samsung.

I haven't noticed any real improvement over the web version, but haven't spent much time on it yet

Edited by John&LaLa

Has anyone been able to log in with ios tapatalk app yet?  I get a "login faiIed" message, have tried deleting and re-subscribing as POA1 suggested, same result (using ipad).

Edited by boblerm

Has anyone got it to work on iPhone yet? I do see one post went thru from CC on Tapatalk a couple a days ago but I receive message login failed if I reply 

It works with the iOS version of Tapatalk that is currently in beta. I can log in and post from most of the boards but there are a few bugs. I can only post to this help board on threads that I have posted to. That is the only major bug as I can post to all the cruise line boards but there are some minor bugs that need to be fixed. 

Like the web version I have to log back in often.

Has anyone been able to log in with ios tapatalk app yet?  I get a "login faiIed" message, have tried deleting and re-subscribing as POA1 suggested, same result (using ipad).

Yes this reply to your post is sent with iOS Tapatalk but I am using the latest beta version. It has a few minor bugs so I would just be patient for them to finish testing and send out an update. I don’t think the version of Tapatalk you are using is ever going to work. I don’t have the beta on my iPad as a control and can only log on and post with the beta.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

It works with the iOS version of Tapatalk that is currently in beta. I can log in and post from most of the boards but there are a few bugs. I can only post to this help board on threads that I have posted to. That is the only major bug as I can post to all the cruise line boards but there are some minor bugs that need to be fixed. 

Like the web version I have to log back in often.

Thanks for posting this. The Android version kicks you off every time the screen locks. I'm sure they'll get it worked out eventually, but if you are impatient, I'd wait. 

Thanks for posting this. The Android version kicks you off every time the screen locks. I'm sure they'll get it worked out eventually, but if you are impatient, I'd wait. 

I don’t get any screen locks with the iOS beta.

Having to log back on often appears not to have anything to due with Android, iOS, or whatever web browser one is using if accessing Cruise Critic with a browser.

3 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

I don’t get any screen locks with the iOS beta.

Having to log back on often appears not to have anything to due with Android, iOS, or whatever web browser one is using if accessing Cruise Critic with a browser.

For me, I lose my login in Tapatalk when the phone screen locks. (Sleeps, turns off) There is an app permission called wakelocks that probably isn't being handled correctly. 

For me, I lose my login in Tapatalk when the phone screen locks. (Sleeps, turns off) There is an app permission called wakelocks that probably isn't being handled correctly. 

My phone can sleep, I can go to other forums on Tapatalk and come back to Cruise Critic and not lose my login. But eventually I have to log back in. Don’t have the same behavior on any other forums. Amtrak United which uses the same forum software as Cruise Critic I have yet to have to log back in since initial log in when they switched forum software which was the same week as Cruise Critic.

Testing. My iPhone was in my pocket for 45 minutes and Tapatalk is still logged in. Eventually this morning it will probably log off though. The same happens when I log on with my browser on my iPhone. It stays logged on for a while but then logs off Cruise Critic.

Just now, Charles4515 said:

My phone can sleep, I can go to other forums on Tapatalk and come back to Cruise Critic and not lose my login. But eventually I have to log back in. Don’t have the same behavior on any other forums. Amtrak United which uses the same forum software as Cruise Critic I have yet to have to log back in since initial log in when they switched forum software which was the same week as Cruise Critic.

I have a tendency to close apps that aren't running. You swipe to close in Android. There's a similar process in iOS, but I think it's more like X'ing out of running apps,. I'll see if keeping it running makes a difference. I doubt it, since I have the OS set to automatically manage background apps and I think it only keeps 4 processes in current memory.

I have a tendency to close apps that aren't running. You swipe to close in Android. There's a similar process in iOS, but I think it's more like X'ing out of running apps,. I'll see if keeping it running makes a difference. I doubt it, since I have the OS set to automatically manage background apps and I think it only keeps 4 processes in current memory.

There is no reason to do that on iOS although some do out of habit or because they think apps are running in the background but don’t understand they are not running. It is actually a bad thing to do on iOS but I am not going to explain the technical reasons why here. Android I don’t know anything about. I did have to log back on to post this. Got a permissions error.

I still can’t get it to work on iPhone. I updated to latest version but I guess it’s not BETA version? Hopefully will be sorted out soon. Thanks and please post any updates you might discover 

I don’t think you are going to be able to get it to work until they update the app with a new version in the App Store. You can’t get the beta version without being signed up for the betas. I ended up with the betas a while ago after I asked about something that needed fixing. I stay with the non beta on my iPad because some of the betas can be problematic. On my iPad with the non beta it does not work. The beta I am running in my opinion is not ready for release.

I am still attempting to get Tapatalk to function on my Samsung Galaxy 8 . I have uninstalled and reinstalled both Tapatalk and Cruise Critic. In addition I have deleted Cruise Critic from my followed forums in Tapatalk and added it back again. I am signed into both forums, but Tapatalk is still not working for me. Not sure what else to try. I have no problem using the web version on my android, so will continue doing that until I can get Tapatalk to function. 

Remember how I said that my logout issue seemed to be gone? That announcement was premature. After about 3 hours away, and not having killed the app's process, I came back and was logged out.

Is anyone having problems with subscribed threads not showing in the app ?
They were there this morning and have gone again now. I have reported it to Tapatalk but I thought it would be useful to find out if other posters are having the same problem.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

Is anyone having problems with subscribed threads not showing in the app ?
They were there this morning and have gone again now. I have reported it to Tapatalk but I thought it would be useful to find out if other posters are having the same problem.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Tapatalk thinks I'm logged in, but I can't see my personal content unless I log out and log back in via the Tapatalk interface. Try logging out and back in to see if that helps. 

Remember how I said that my logout issue seemed to be gone? That announcement was premature. After about 3 hours away, and not having killed the app's process, I came back and was logged out.

I believe the logout issues are on Cruise Critics end and have nothing to do with Tapatalk. They occur when using a computer.

I believe the logout issues are on Cruise Critics end and have nothing to do with Tapatalk. They occur when using a computer.

You are correct. I follow two other IPBoard / Invision based forums in Tapatalk. They both stay logged in just fine.

I installed a new build of the iOS Beta that Tapatalk released overnight and they fixed the bugs that were in the previous beta build. The new beta build works quite well so I am optimistic that they can soon release it thru the Apple App Store. I believe the logout issues are something that will have to be solved on Cruise Critics end as I can see when I log in that first it uses the web browser to log in and then switches back to the mobile app.