Any chance of getting a mobile app back?

Tapatalk released a new beta build (2118) of the iOS version of their app last night and fixed all the bugs I found in the previous beta. Works pretty good with Cruise Critic. I don’t know when they will be ready to release it as there could be other bugs as it would also have to work with thousands of other forums but it appears to me to be ready or close to ready. They would also have to get Apple App Store approval.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

CC works on the Beta IOS version. Only issue with last nights build is that it sometimes crashes on log in. Then opens on relaunch.

I and this thread are discussing the CC app (which I assume most posters are interested in), not the Taptalk app - as far as I know the CC app is read only and there's no Beta version.

• Thanks 1

I and this thread are discussing the CC app (which I assume most posters are interested in), not the Taptalk app - as far as I know the CC app is read only and there's no Beta version.

The CC app is a subset of Tapatalk so when they get it working on Tapatalk then it will be easy to make the CC app. I doubt they are doing betas of the CC app. The beta testing will be done on Tapatalk.

26 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

The CC app is a subset of Tapatalk so when they get it working on Tapatalk then it will be easy to make the CC app. I doubt they are doing betas of the CC app. The beta testing will be done on Tapatalk.

Again, most are not interested in Tapatalk - they want their trusty CC app back. Yes, I realize development is progressing, CC posting is working in Tapatalk and the CC app will be based on that, but for this thread, the only thing that matters is the availability of a working CC app. Until you can tell this audience when the CC app will be available, not sure how much they care about anything else. 

Biker, who foresees at least another month before anything useful is available.

• Like 1

Again, most are not interested in Tapatalk - they want their trusty CC app back. Yes, I realize development is progressing,

I am not interested in most of what you post and won’t pay any attention to it. You don’t really care about the topic.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

You don’t really care about the topic.

Of course I do - the CC app works much faster than the current web version when it comes to reading and posting. But like others I am not going to bother with using some other app to read/post at CC. 

• Like 3

Of course I do - the CC app works much faster than the current web version when it comes to reading and posting. But like others I am not going to bother with using some other app to read/post at CC. 

The other app is the same except for the name and the option to add other forums. The only reason not to get the other app is that it is not free. I do think that is a valid reason for not getting Tapatalk and if I didn’t use it for multiple forums I would probably only read and post with the Cruise Critic app if it were working.

7 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Again, most are not interested in Tapatalk - they want their trusty CC app back. Yes, I realize development is progressing, CC posting is working in Tapatalk and the CC app will be based on that, but for this thread, the only thing that matters is the availability of a working CC app. Until you can tell this audience when the CC app will be available, not sure how much they care about anything else. 

Biker, who foresees at least another month before anything useful is available.

I'm interested in the Tapatalk app, not the CC one

Phoenixcruiser, who usually is on the same page as Biker

• Haha 1

Same here, that is what I used all the time. The one time i tried the CC app it seemed limited.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

^^^ agree. Sorry Biker!!  Want Tapatalk back... cannot log in, and when I try to reset password it says my email is not recognised. 

• Like 1

On 12/31/2018 at 8:10 PM, John&LaLa said:

I haven't found anything exciting in the App yet.

I am used to the web version now and find 2 benefits over the app.

1- I can post any size of photo.

2-  If I make a mistake I can edit post, correct the mistake then save it back into the thread.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Biker19 said:

My sentiments too.

On 12/31/2018 at 3:10 PM, John&LaLa said:

I haven't found anything exciting in the App yet.

Did you use the old app? Before they upgraded CC the app had better features in terms of posting pics and following threads. I haven’t tried the new app yet as I have iOS. I paid for the Tapatalk app years ago but when CC set up the single app I used that exclusively. I deleted both off of my phone when CC was no longer supported. You can only appreciate the app if you are Mobil. If you are home most of the day than the computer is a better experience. Although I did follow along on my phone sometimes when at home watching TV.

My kids bought me a basic iPad for Christmas just so I would have a larger screen and a keyboard to follow CC while watching TV. They were noticing that my arms were all stretched out while reading threads on my phone. This mobile version is too small even with my progressive glasses and a new prescription.

I'm following this topic with interest as I, too, am having similar problems on Tapatalk.  Also the standalone Cruise Critic app won't accept my username/email & password to log in.

I've posted here so I can get notifications of what's being posted on the subject and to keep up-to-date with developments.

8 hours ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

I'm surprised the mods let this thread live here this long - nothing to do with RCI.

1 hour ago, Beamafar said:

I'm following this topic with interest as I, too, am having similar problems on Tapatalk.  Also the standalone Cruise Critic app won't accept my username/email & password to log in.

I've posted here so I can get notifications of what's being posted on the subject and to keep up-to-date with developments.

There is no CC app any more, so you may as well stop trying to log in to it. ☹