Any chance of getting a mobile app back?

1 hour ago, Iamcruzin said:

Did you use the old app? Before they upgraded CC the app had better features in terms of posting pics and following threads. I haven’t tried the new app yet as I have iOS. I paid for the Tapatalk app years ago but when CC set up the single app I used that exclusively. I deleted both off of my phone when CC was no longer supported. You can only appreciate the app if you are Mobil. If you are home most of the day than the computer is a better experience. Although I did follow along on my phone sometimes when at home watching TV.

My kids bought me a basic iPad for Christmas just so I would have a larger screen and a keyboard to follow CC while watching TV. They were noticing that my arms were all stretched out while reading threads on my phone. This mobile version is too small even with my progressive glasses and a new prescription.

I used TapaTalk a lot, mainly for the ease of picture uploading.  I also used the CC app and my laptop.  I also deleted the apps back in October.  

Quite frankly, I've gotten used to the mobile web on my phone.  I may give TT a try on Oasis next week.  

6 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Before, it was indicating that it no longer existed and that the website was now more "mobile friendly" but now it's working just fine as long as I don't try to log in.

Download the Tapatalk app (not the CC-branded one) and try that instead.  This is what Laura said earlier in the thread.

1 minute ago, bEwAbG said:

Download the Tapatalk app (not the CC-branded one) and try that instead.  This is what Laura said earlier in the thread.

As I posted earlier, I'm having the same problems with Tapatalk that others have reported here, such as being advised that I don't have enough permission to post to .....

2 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Moving the post, which was the correct thing to do, is not working in the background. Just feel a response at the same time, would have been appropriate, regarding the CC App. 

App development is probably totally separate from mod work and they may not know about that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Quite frankly, I've gotten used to the mobile web on my phone.  I may give TT a try on Oasis next week.  

John&LaLa, I'd be very interested to know whether you experience slower upload times using mobile web vs TT with ship wifi. Some people have reported that they thought this was the case,but I don't think this hypothesis has been tested as it is only recently that the app was usable. 

Bob

The CC & Tapatalk apps didn’t work for me after the October system changeover.  Read on a thread about the recent system failure about some being able to again use the app.  I reinstalled both the CC & Tapatalk apps but neither accepted my CC password.

Edited by Astro Flyer

OK!

I suppose I'm just a bit anxious ... I was used to uploading photos using the app when doing reports/reviews; our upcoming cruise is in less than 3 weeks time and was so glad to see the app up and running again, only to discover that I can't use it to post.  Until I found this thread, I thought it was just me having the problems.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Does that mean the CC/Tapatalk apps are working again?

No idea but if I go from desktop to laptop it will not accept my password.

Need to go to password reset and put in old password and it lets me in.

Figure you have nothing to lose by doing the same with tapatalk.

4 hours ago, boblerm said:

John&LaLa, I'd be very interested to know whether you experience slower upload times using mobile web vs TT with ship wifi. Some people have reported that they thought this was the case,but I don't think this hypothesis has been tested as it is only recently that the app was usable. 

Bob

I can try and look into that next week.

Big fan of experiments, maybe biker can help.

4 hours ago, Beamafar said:

I'm getting notifications on the Tapatalk app - I just can't post anything!  😡

If its Android, try signing out, when you sign back in "switch user" and use the same credentials.

That solved it for me

On 1/3/2019 at 2:44 AM, Charles4515 said:

I believe the logout issues are on Cruise Critics end and have nothing to do with Tapatalk. They occur when using a computer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amd continue to occur using the iPad, and iPhone. The only forum I have this issue with is Cruise Critic. I rarely read it more than once a day now and just the couple of threads I’m interested In.