Any chance of getting a mobile app back?

1 hour ago, POA1 said:

The file picker for Android isn't drag & drop. It's a single selection picker. If you want to use three files, it's three separate multi-step processes.  Tapatalk's file picker is a multi-select picker. 

Using my Chrome browser on my Android, when I click on "click to choose files", I get this screen 

SmartSelect_20181230-194302_Files.thumb.jpg.cdcc732f02e23cc404396d83d1a44359.jpg

From here, I can navigate to the folder I want and select as many pictures I want. SmartSelect_20181230-194326_Files.thumb.jpg.0dedada94ee695afb1188258eec3cd21.jpg

Couldn't be easier. 

@broberts - Here is the process.

Tap Click to choose files. 

Screenshot_20181230-202026.thumb.png.732cd839b1c8959eadb0c349b25d3fca.png

Click documents to get the list of file managers 

Screenshot_20181230-202043.thumb.png.6af24ff97816462bb3879ab2d4a3d259.png

Screenshot_20181230-202121.thumb.png.a77dbd6cd53261e84223c052190ff0fe.png

Scroll down to the file manager of choice. In this case, QuickPic. 

Screenshot_20181230-202132.thumb.png.38bbf53062d5a017e23bbf955e6804cd.png

Then, navigate to the proper directory. It's screenshots here. 

Screenshot_20181230-202154.thumb.png.34ddebc2b338455d6b2900741f2e8758.png

Once you enter the directory, you can pick one and only one file before you get sent back to the browser. 

Screenshot_20181230-203843.thumb.png.409af45798578f98d0bc3796b9f5cab2.png

This limitation has been discussed in the help thread previously. Someone else posted about it a few weeks ago. 

I can't understand why it is taking you 6 steps to do what I just did in 3 steps. And I can't understand why you can only choose 1 file at a time when I can choose as many as I'd like. 
How many apps do you have that can act as file service hosts? If you only have one camera app and one photo editor, you'll get the stock choices. That may give you the presentation you posted, but once you add a bunch of specialized software, the whole thing changes.

11 hours ago, POA1 said:
11 hours ago, boblerm said:
I can't understand why it is taking you 6 steps to do what I just did in 3 steps. And I can't understand why you can only choose 1 file at a time when I can choose as many as I'd like. 

How many apps do you have that can act as file service hosts? If you only have one camera app and one photo editor, you'll get the stock choices. That may give you the presentation you posted, but once you add a bunch of specialized software, the whole thing changes.

I have 2 camera apps and about 6 photo editing apps. 

Is Android version a factor? I am on 8.0

Just now, boblerm said:

I have 2 camera apps and about 6 photo editing apps. 

Is Android version a factor? I am on 8.0

Could be. I'm on stock Marshmallow (6.1.2) on a Google Nexus 5.  The select one at a time also happens on a Kindle Fire tablet running the latest version of the Kindle OS, which is a modified version of Android.  There are also some phone manufacturers who load modified file browsers. What mode phone are you using?

If I use the built in photo (Photos) organizer, I can multi-select. The problem is that the Photos app doesn't see all my folders. It can't see my output folder for several editors which means that I can't find my photos that have been processed and resized for CC. It sees the originals just fine, bt not the post processed directory. (Which is not hidden. I thought of that. It's a subdir of DCIM, the camera directory in emulated storage.) I use QuickPic because it has better sorting and organizing capabilities than the stock photo browser.

Just now, Got2Cruise said:

Has anyone got it to work on iPhone yet? I do see one post went thru from CC on Tapatalk a couple a days ago but I receive message login failed if I reply 

Did you try deleting the Cruise Critic forum from your Tapatalk subscribed forums list and then adding it back?  The old forum link would be hitting the wrong server config file. This worked for me on Android. I'm not sure if that will do it for you, but it's worth a shot.

The login screen on the new CC Tapatalk looks just like the web version (and in fact is.)  Once you get it to login, you have to click "Done" in order to proceed. This isn't ovious because the screen just says, "Loading..." on the top left. It says "Done" on the top right.

Tapatalk has fixed their iOS app so it will work with Cruise Critic. I have their latest beta issued this morning on my iPhone and it has been mostly working. I have not installed the beta on my iPad and that version does not work so I believe it will take an update that has to go thru the Apple store.

I am going to run this beta version a little longer and give Tapatalk some feedback.

Probably it will take an update to the Android version for it to work properly too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, POA1 said:

Did you try deleting the Cruise Critic forum from your Tapatalk subscribed forums list and then adding it back?  The old forum link would be hitting the wrong server config file. This worked for me on Android. I'm not sure if that will do it for you, but it's worth a shot.

The login screen on the new CC Tapatalk looks just like the web version (and in fact is.)  Once you get it to login, you have to click "Done" in order to proceed. This isn't ovious because the screen just says, "Loading..." on the top left. It says "Done" on the top right.

|Thanks, once I clicked "Done" it worked.  I think (???) I'm a happy camper/cruiser.

5 hours ago, Biker19 said:

No, separate apps and in the past slightly different capabilities.

43 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

The CC app was a custom version of Tapatalk that only has the Cruise Critic forums. It is the same code base.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I new they felt the same.

1 minute ago, broberts said:

@POA1,

Why use QuickPic? It appears to be the limiter. I was able to multi-select pictures by selecting Images rather than a particular file manager.

Because it's better at sorting.