Entertainment Reservation Problem

I'm sailing on anthem and in under 70 days, but the entertainment reservations still aren't available. I called royal caribbean and talked to a reservations agent but they were no help and told me this is normal that entertainment isn't finalized until a week before the cruise sails (which is totally untrue because I've booked entertainment well in advance before). I'm itching to get the reservations made because I have MTD and I want to make those reservations (but I cannot because I don't know when I'll be seeing shows). Just wondering if anyone knows a phone number or email of someone I could talk to that may know more about why entertainment is not showing available yet? I feel like maybe it was just an oversight and someone possibly forgot to push a button to release the reservations or something because I have never encountered this before..

Thanks in advance 🙂

Stay patient and just keep checking - there's no guaranteed date when stuff becomes available. Virtually no one at RCI customer support will be able to help since they control the offerings in the planner. Make the MTD reservations and then move them if needed later.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I second what Biker said.   RC releases dining and entertainment reservations randomly, or at least sometimes it seems that way. Customer service will just tell you to keep checking and they will not know any more than you do. 

Edited by cindivan
  • Thanks 1

Anthem reservations are very late in being released.  It is not just your sailing, it is a bunch of them.  I have been checking all the January rollcalls to see if reservations are open for any of those sailings and they are not.  I did see a posting that someone on the 1/18/19 sailing was told they were going to be released on 11/20.  I am hoping that is the case for our sailing in January too.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 11/12/2018 at 2:40 AM, BirdTravels said:

If you see it, buy it.

As a newbie I am really confused.  I was under the impression that entertainment was included in the cruise package.  What sort of things need to be booked and paid for?

46 minutes ago, eddietusox said:

As a newbie I am really confused.  I was under the impression that entertainment was included in the cruise package.  What sort of things need to be booked and paid for?

Dining packages, beverage packages, excursions, spa, etc.

52 minutes ago, eddietusox said:

Entertainment is included. But you should book your times as soon as you can to be sure that you get the times you want. 

54 minutes ago, eddietusox said:

Most entertainment is included, but you would still want to book reservations ahead to be guaranteed a seat, especially on the larger Oasis-class ships.

Some types of entertainment, however, may have an extra charge.  Harmony has an escape room that is an extra charge, and requires an advance reservation since space is very limited.  I guess you could call that an "activity" rather than entertainment, though, and some activities do have extra fees.

59 minutes ago, magnolia888 said:

"Some types of entertainment, however, may have an extra charge."

Okay thanks for clarifying this - how do you suggest that I find out what will be available and when it would be possible to book up for it?

Edited by eddietusox

12 minutes ago, eddietusox said:

Okay thanks for clarifying this - how do you suggest that I find out what will be available and when it would be possible to book up for it?

All the information can be found in your cruise planner on the RC website.  You have to be signed in to enter the cruise planner for your particular cruise.  That is where you reserve shows, and book shore excursions, drink and dining packages, spa treatments, etc.

Most cruises will show the entertainment options at around the 90-day mark (90 days ahead of your cruise), but as PinkLemonade said above, it looks like Anthem is releasing the entertainment late.  So it may vary according to your specific cruise.   If you want to book shows, the best advice is to always start checking the cruise planner around the 90-day mark, because some things book fast.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, eddietusox said:

how do you suggest that I find out what will be available and when it would be possible to book up for it?

Welcome to CC.

You should find everything the Planner, but what's available varies by ship and time. If you can't do it before the cruise, do it on the ship via the RCI app.

24 minutes ago, eddietusox said:

Keep checking your Cruise Planner often.

On 11/11/2018 at 6:20 PM, PinkLemonade said:

I'm sailing on anthem and in under 70 days, but the entertainment reservations still aren't available. I called royal caribbean and talked to a reservations agent but they were no help and told me this is normal that entertainment isn't finalized until a week before the cruise sails (which is totally untrue because I've booked entertainment well in advance before). I'm itching to get the reservations made because I have MTD and I want to make those reservations (but I cannot because I don't know when I'll be seeing shows). Just wondering if anyone knows a phone number or email of someone I could talk to that may know more about why entertainment is not showing available yet? I feel like maybe it was just an oversight and someone possibly forgot to push a button to release the reservations or something because I have never encountered this before..

Thanks in advance 🙂

Weird?  We have a Feb 23 cruise on Oasis coming up, and entertainment posted a few days ago!

15 hours ago, eddietusox said:

15 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Welcome to CC.

You should find everything the Planner, but what's available varies by ship and time. If you can't do it before the cruise, do it on the ship via the RCI app.

15 hours ago, eddietusox said:

Okay thanks for pointing in the direction of the Planner.

Really interesting to see the different types of entertainers working on cruises

We are so looking forward to the shows and extravaganzas.

Hopefully there will be magic too!🤡