REWARD OFFERED !

balcap

After 3  1/2 weeks of being on vacation -    2 cruises and Disneyworld in between-    I lose my camera 2 hours before debarking ship   !

The last ship was the CARNIVAL SUNSHINE on the NOv 10 -18th......On the morning of the 18th, the camera was there in my room.....

I then went to the JAVA SPOT,    the LIDO BUFFET   and the HAVANA BAR.   At that point eating breakfast I noticed it wasnt with me.

I take the camera ( with a wrist strap) everywhere I go-   I m kinda a photo geek.   I take hundreds and hundreds of pics and then later

enjoy weeks of editing and printing them.      So this loss has truly devastated me.

Although it was a new  black CANON (   basic point and shoot ) type-    I can easily live without getting it back as I can eventually buy another one.

But my photos are priceless  and I will pay $$$ to get my camera card back IF anyone knows anyone who may have found the camera and accidentally

taken it home.

The staff were excellent in helping me look for it but there was no sign of it by the time I had to leave the ship.  I have filled out the

CARNIVAL's LOST and FOUND report form.

Just hoping that someone may know someone who found it...............THANK YOU SO MUCH

• Like 1

So sorry this happened to you and hope that you will get your camera or at least your card back. My wife Patti is just like you. Carries the camera wherever she goes and literally takes thousands of pictures during our cruises which we use in our reviews. We also worry that the camera could be lost, dropped in the ocean, etc, so we will use multiple cards and switch them every day. I've also started bringing my laptop along and try to download the photos at the end of every day. Again, wishing you the best in recovering your photos. Happy Thanksgiving. :classic_cool:

Too late to help you now, but I highly recommend to all that you place address labels on all electronics (iPads, phones, cameras, cases, and anything else you may travel with) in case of loss.

i turned in someone’s gold iPad - which I found lying all by itself on a shelf.  A simple address label with a name on the back would have allowed guest services to leave a phone message for the owner to contact guest services.

Judy

This is why I take my laptop with me on vacation and pay for the internet. I upload all of my pictures nightly so that they are online where I can access them anytime. If I lose my camera or even my laptop during my trip, my photos won’t be lost too. 

Anyway, best of luck. I hope you get it back. 

Good luck !

My wife left her iPad at Mr. Sancho's in Cozumel.

And even though it took a month, Carnival went the extra mile(s) and got it back to her. 

Hope everything works out. 

Edited by campdaan

Carnival has a lost and found department that helped my husband find his glasses. He has several pair and discovered when we got home he only had one pair. He contacted Carnival and then he was contacted by someone in the department who said he would try to find them. He did and they were mailed to him. It wouldn't hurt to contact Carnival and ask for help. Good luck!

THANK YOU all for your kind words and great suggestions for next time.   I am trying to remain hopeful

and optimistic.       Report has been filed but maybe I will give them a call too.  Thanks again !

22 hours ago, puppycanducruise said:

Good luck.   I believe there ARE many honest people in the world.

When we were in Venice, my husband left our camcorder on the water taxi.  We thought we had lost it.  We had uploaded pics to cloud the night before so we weren't going to lose as much but losing the camera was loss enough.  We went to lost and found at terminal and lo and behold someone had turned it in.  I have never felt such a surge of happiness, not about the camera, but about mankind.  How cynical we can become. 

I lost my iPhone in the sand on half moon cay.   Within 2 hours of sailing away I went to guest services and someone had turned it in.   It had my room steward’s card in my phone case. 

Have faith.  There are honest people in the world. 

• Like 1

I am sooooo sorry for your loss 😞 There is a carnival lost and found group as well on that famous virtual world we cant mention. I was unsuccessful when my new engagement ring was left in the safe, bu some people are successful on there. I just feel your pain as every time I received Carnivals updated text message on my case (weirdly at 2am each time) that my item had still not been found and the final sorry we tried are best... my heart always sank 😞 Especially since I knew right were it had been left. I soooooo hope you return in the near future with great happy news!!! 

• 1 month later...

UPDATE.  .......Just wanted everyone to know about my Christmas Miracle.       Approx 5 weeks after I returned home I received a text from Carnival that my camera was found.        I find it hard to believe after 4 turnovers on the ship...it was found there and can't help but think possibility someone did  "  accidentally" pick it up and returned home with it and then for some reason returned it to Carnival.                 Unfortunately I was not able to speak with any human being to ask questions or get answers....after items are found they are turned over to a company .....so no details just:  Visa number please to have your item returned via FEDEX.     and behold !   :   1and 1/2 days later my beautiful little camera with the memory card- in 100 percent perfect condition arrived at my door ! .....    That is from Miami to Eastern Canada in 1 1/2 days ......I was so impressed. 

Anyway just wanted everyone to know,  I couldn't be more happy and THANK CARNIVAL and anyone else who may have been involved ......it certainly made my Christmas   !    And a few lessons learned as suggested above....take  several memory cards and use different ones each day, so if camera gets lost,  at least the majority of your vacation pics are saved

• Like 20

I'm so glad this story had a happy ending!

a few months ago, some friends of mine were vacationing in NYC and they left their camera on the steps of the natural history museum.  someone actually turned it in.  I was able to go to the museum and pick it up for them and then mail it to them a few days later, but it was definitely a miracle in this city that someone didn't steal it.   there are still good people in the world and I'm glad it was good people who found your camera. 

• Like 4

On 11/22/2018 at 11:52 AM, tea4ular said:

This won't help the OP find their camera, but a while back I read a suggestion for the first picture on your camera to be of your cabin # (or other identifying information).

OP, I really hope your camera shows up.

that is what I have as my start screen