Random Notes, Voyager, 11/26-12/6/18, Miami-Miami--LIVE!

Mr Rumor

Mr Rumour thanks for sharing your lovely family holiday with us all. As always it’s been a delight to read each day .  Sorry to see your cruise end so soon. 

Safe  travels home when the time comes and seasons greetings for the festive season to you all.  Jean.

• Like 1

Rich,

Thank you so much for your post about Bagus and his family! He and his colleague Gretchen were our 2 attendants on the Navigator WC 2017. He was very helpful and kind, especially when we needed to leave the ship in Phuket due to a serious illness and eventual death of a family member. Fortunately we were able to re-board the ship in Dubai and finish the cruise. If you see him again, please tell him the Hallenbeck’s say hello and congratulations on the birth of their son!

Tonight’s Beatles Dance Party was fab for a very special reason:  Shauna got to share the dance floor with her new friends—and fellow Beatles lovers—Karen and Kristi.  It has been a joy cruising with them and their wonderful families!

31030DC4-C271-4DA4-AB64-6AD3BD503640.thumb.jpeg.df140b36d0b2ebfc42b7a96b41a99bb0.jpeg

• Like 1

I woke up thinking the best thoughts of CD David carrying on with Beatles Night last night.  He is at the tail end of his first CD contract with a lot of loose-ends tying to do. Plus the new Production Cast members weren’t available to participate due to their crazy rehearsal schedule (they were rehearsing for tonight’s “Soul Rocking Nights” production until the wee hours today).  That meant it was just him and Nell (and members of the Regent Signature Orchestra) blasting their way through 22 Beatles tunes in 60 minutes.  Thank you David and Nell. . .

22AFBB49-1112-4565-8D6F-AC2559EB6346.thumb.jpeg.be00570ef74b3bd90fae30bb7416cef7.jpeg

. . . You packed the dance floor and made Shauna very happy!

260354C6-DE33-44F1-BDC4-FC4A8CC50AFE.thumb.jpeg.8e70e1d92207eb8e10e4d36398963b4f.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr Rumor said:

Good morning from the Pool Deck.  Clockwise it is for walkers and joggers!

905868D2-73C0-4E86-BFFE-8C8B4C91A80B.thumb.jpeg.c08e5105ba2a1692388da86e8217b5e0.jpeg

Well there ya have it!

2 hours ago, tripperva said:

As you can see, someone moved the sign to the wrong side.😀

That's what I was thinking, too.   :classic_biggrin:

There is one benefit to a short cruise  (I’m trying to cheer myself up at the moment):  Prices are great at the Regent Rewards Points redemption.  Several cruises back, a “Glitter Thermal Mug” set us back 40 points! (We are very happy with our haul:  matching white Polo sports tees and a pink “R” hat for Shauna, a new design.)

E6216C69-0A9A-4AF4-A4C8-385DB9E25834.thumb.jpeg.9494935064846654a309d397c8c0b542.jpeg

Mr. Rumor:  what time are you scheduled to dock tomorrow in Miami?  Sorry to remind you of the imminent conclusion of your voyage, but we are now in our Regent-provided room at the Four Seasons and we have a good view of the entrance channel and freight portion of the terminal island (but not quite the passenger terminal).  I'd love to get a picture of Voyager coming in and will post here if successful.

Thank you for sharing with the forum the details of your cruise with your lovely wife and daughter!  We are filled with anticipation for boarding tomorrow.

We’ve been keeping quite a pace the last few days + there was this little requirement today called packing, so by earlier tonight we were in need a bit of a jolt.  We got it at “Soul Rockin’ Nights,” the new Voyager Production Cast’s frenetic second production.  Thanks, guys!

C4808102-A25A-4215-BC79-1E0D80816364.thumb.jpeg.44951432685d6c17a7d1892da86ae501.jpeg

Afterwards Shauna posed with her fellow front-row stalwarts for a farewell shot. We’re going to miss Kristi and Karen!

C902D3EF-2A58-4820-8D84-D5E4C68EE10D.thumb.jpeg.093de2545be2c2cab9387d737aa8bf81.jpeg

I’m happy to reclaim the hour we lost a day at the beginning of the cruise, plenty of time to thank you for your thanks, Jan, Jennifer, Jean, Portolan and HonTri.  Jan, I hope you will post about the Australia Circumnavigation as it’s a cruise that’s on my bucket list, while, Portolan, you can find the Voyager Blogging Baton with Kushal, the computer guy, in case you’re motivated to live-blog. (I’m joking, just wanted to work Kushal’s name in because he is a great internet manager.)

Sue, it was my pleasure to read your greeting to Bagus this morning.  He remembers your family well, and has a message for you:  “Thank you for still remembering me.  I wish you happiness.”  By the way, Bagus turned 28 today.

Jackie, thank you again for recommending Roxanne to us. I can’t praise her enough, not only as wonderful server—but also as a hip-hopper who had all the right moves in Krew Kapers!

BD34EBA8-4ACA-4481-B63D-2D813073C35B.thumb.jpeg.af777cfed2b692edad48acd49c587943.jpeg

Peggy, we are fans of the bamboo stick dances, too.  Here’s one more photo from Krew Kapers:

9B2EABD8-E471-42C0-A7C1-EBACF13A1164.thumb.jpeg.8f69f6203876caf84108d78db52156d8.jpeg

Well, I may know how to set the table for a blog, but I’m not too good at knowing when to remove the plates and silverware.  So for now. . . good night!

Rich

• Like 2

Rich - really enjoyed your blog.  It looks as if Shauna had a wonderful time (as did you two).  I am going to miss my daily “read”.

Glad that you enjoyed Roxanne as much as we did.  She is really a charm.

Looking forward to your next adventure.

Jackie

Thanks, Jackie, and good morning from Miami!  We’re nearing our berth as I type this.

We journeyed 2938 nautical miles, and are finishing our longest stretch at sea now, 1093 NM from Gustavia.

The Voyager got terrible gas mileage, 100 feet per gallon.  A total of 180,000 gallons of gas was consumed, enough to fill the swimming pool nine times over.

And, oh yes, we drank a lot:  4,608 bottles of wine and champagne.  Captain Stan:  “And you’re proud of yourselves!” 

14 hours ago, Mr Rumor said:

7 a.m., Portolan, so set your alarm!  Off to our last dinner in CR with Roxanne now.

Mr. Rumor,

Alarm was set early enough to see Voyager sneak in while it was still too dark for any useful picture.  Got a nice one of Oceania Regatta (?...can't quite read the name since it was still pre-dawn) which came in after Voyager.  I'll post it on the Oceania forum when I get home.

Thanks again for the great blog!

7 hours ago, Portolan said:

Mr. Rumor,

Alarm was set early enough to see Voyager sneak in while it was still too dark for any useful picture.  Got a nice one of Oceania Regatta (?...can't quite read the name since it was still pre-dawn) which came in after Voyager.  I'll post it on the Oceania forum when I get home.

Thanks again for the great blog!

To correct the record:  Voyager came in on the north side, docking at Terminal E...not J as our documents indicated it would.  So even if it had been lighter, we didn't have a view of that channel and side of the island.  Insignia is the O ship that got the nice spot at Terminal J.