For those in the know about RCL's Suites/C&A Alcohol Policies

GUEST71919

For any readers who are easily irritated, enjoy criticizing strangers, or have been told that they have an anger problem, I hear that they are giving away lots of FREE MONEY in the next thread - now hurry and get over there before it’s all gone!!!

:classic_laugh:  Now that is done, I have a question about the Suite’s (or similar) Lounge on Royal Caribbean: We don’t drink much alcohol and so we don’t buy the deluxe drink package. But on occasion while cruising we do want a drink, therefore it makes sense for us to make use of the FREE drinks available in the Suite’s lounge (the ones for which we essentially prepaid). But being only occasional drinkers, it is difficult for us to know which drinks will qualify as “free” and figuring that out became very frustrating on our October Allure Cruise.

I like milder drinks - sweet and/or fruity drinks that cover the bitter taste of the alcohol (don’t judge! :classic_tongue:). Beer/wine and liquor w/ tonic won’t work for me.  Even when Nancy (a fab Concierge on the Allure) and I put our heads together, we only came up with one drink that fit the restrictive RCL list > Bay Breeze. While I can see the liquors allowed, the list of allowed mixes/mixers remains fuzzy. But with at least two RCL cruises coming up in the next year for us, I am trying to put together a list of free drink options. 🍸

I would so appreciate it if those of you who are familiar with a variety of mixed drinks and the rules of the Suite’s lounge could check these to see if they are allowed as free options:

Bacardi Cocktail, Bacardi Fizz, Bacardi Sunset, Beach Bum, Screwdriver, Vodka Cranberry, Tequila Sunrise, Madras, Cuba Libra, Planter’s Punch, Bloody Mary / Bloody Margaret, Bailey’s Irish Cream & Cream (I was told no to this one night on the Allure, but do not recall whether it was an issue of what they had on hand or related to a rule).

➡️ PLEASE feel free to add any drink that fits the rules and is on the lighter and sweeter side! 

Lynn

38 minutes ago, oddly excitered said:

I haven't done the suite life thing yet but wouldn't it only be a couple dollars upcharge as it would be on the beverage package to enjoy whatever you desire? Haven't even done a drink package but that is how I understand it to work.

Only a few classes of suites include the drink package.  Upcharge to those  suites  would likely be more than "a couple dollars upcharge"   Lower full suites do have access to a suite lounge and will include evening cocktails and for ships with Coastal Kitchen, some limited alcohol at lunch in Coastal Kitchen.

You can also  get a  Rum and coke w/lime ( Cuba Libre) and a screwdriver.  Baileys is always available. 

enjoy

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I apologize for not responding a little sooner, but I had no notice that there were any responses 😟

@Host Clarea  @John&LaLa @cruisegirl1 @MNfamilycruiser

Thanks everyone - it was funny when Nancy and I were trying to figure it out, but not going to be fun a second time (plus, everything is fun with Nancy, but she won’t be there 😢 ). I cannot recall why the bartender could not get me a bailey’s and cream  - I will try again and if they say no I will order the bailey’s and hit up someone up for milk 😉. I will try the Cuba libre and the cape codder - adding those to the top of my list!

@frank808 - we were on the 14th sailing. You were there the next week? My DH is Hawaiian though, we could’ve have a big HI party! The Allure would never be the same 😂

@oddly excitered it’s about $52 a day per person - as I see it, it would be insane to spend that just in case I want a $10 drink a few times during a cruise. And again only my opinion, but if I’m dropping that much cash on a full suite and free drinks are part of that price (a benefit), I am going to try to find something I like in that category since I don’t care about drinking that much and while I don’t mind spending money, I so hate wasting it! 😬  

thanks cruisepeople, you are appreciated! 💗

Lynn ✌🏼

Edited by 2Beeze
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, oddly excitered said:

I haven't done the suite life thing yet but wouldn't it only be a couple dollars upcharge as it would be on the beverage package to enjoy whatever you desire? Haven't even done a drink package but that is how I understand it to work.

I didn't read this post as meaning you should just upgrade to the drink package for a few dollars, but rather saying something like:

If a Free Suite Lounge Drink like a Rum-and-Coke is $8 and a not-included-for-free Frozen Margarita is $12, couldn't you just pay the $4 difference like you can with the drink package if you ask for a drink that is over the amount allowed in the package?

And in this case, no, because the suite lounge is set up to ONLY deliver the freebie drinks -- they don't have a full bar and all the mixers and the big blender like the regular bars.  

One thing the OP might try is a Wine Spritzer or an Amaretto Sour?  (I too don't like the taste of booze, so I feel your pain!)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, brillohead said:

I didn't read this post as meaning you should just upgrade to the drink package for a few dollars, but rather saying something like:

If a Free Suite Lounge Drink like a Rum-and-Coke is $8 and a not-included-for-free Frozen Margarita is $12, couldn't you just pay the $4 difference like you can with the drink package if you ask for a drink that is over the amount allowed in the package?

And in this case, no, because the suite lounge is set up to ONLY deliver the freebie drinks -- they don't have a full bar and all the mixers and the big blender like the regular bars.  

One thing the OP might try is a Wine Spritzer or an Amaretto Sour?  (I too don't like the taste of booze, so I feel your pain!)

The Oasis sisters have a full bar and can sell drinks, but no blender. 

I have had Margaritas in the Concierge lounge.

You can look at the menu for the Diamond Lounge drinks (posted many times here in CC), and get an good idea.

But any basic mixer (soda, common juices) should be available.  So Cuba Libre (fancy rum and coke), screwdriver, rum and juice, etc, are good to go.