RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

45 minutes ago, discru said:

UGH... that's what I was afraid of.  That is ridiculous, and certainly not an experience I would pay MORE for... Ugh!  Thanks, Malson

Have you called RCL to see if there is another cabin in the same category you can move to?

11 hours ago, island lady said:

Congrats!!  🤗 May I ask how much over minimum did you bid?  

Doing another B2B on Harmony first of the year.  I have exact situation for 1/9/22 Harmony, hump JS on deck 11 (perfect location for a JS).    Our 1/2/22 showed very little CLS cabins available, but the CLS cabins for the 1/9 leg is still showing 90% available...not sure why the difference.  

I did not bother with trying to upgrade on the 1/2....but am doing as you did for the 1/9.  I very rarely bid, but thought I had a chance with the lightly booked week.  

~1200 pp or 2400 for the couple.

Our original Jr Suite was comped.  

Hope this helps. See you on the 05/29 Harmony cruise.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, AftMan said:

~1200 pp or 2400 for the couple.

Our original Jr Suite was comped.  

Hope this helps. See you on the 05/29 Harmony cruise.

Wow...thanks!  And I was afraid I overbid at 750 (1500) for total.  😮 

Yes..."sea" you on 5/29.  🙂   L&S cruise from last year...OS cabin for our anniversary.  🥰

• Like 1

10 hours ago, island lady said:

Wow...thanks!  And I was afraid I overbid at 750 (1500) for total.  😮 

Yes..."sea" you on 5/29.  🙂   L&S cruise from last year...OS cabin for our anniversary.  🥰

The minimum bid was $1100 pp.

It appears that those with comped rooms, are given a much higher bid range versus those who paid outright for the original cabin.  2400 total for a Crown Loft feels pretty good. We enjoy the solitude of Deck 17.

Owners Suite for anniversary is perfect! Love those cabins.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AftMan said:

The minimum bid was $1100 pp.

It appears that those with comped rooms, are given a much higher bid range versus those who paid outright for the original cabin.  2400 total for a Crown Loft feels pretty good. We enjoy the solitude of Deck 17.

Owners Suite for anniversary is perfect! Love those cabins.

I bid about a third way up the scale over minimum, so it ended up being 1500 total.  Lots of CLS cabins available at less than 3 weeks away.  I think they may have lowered the minimums perhaps.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, cynt said:

Two people on my roll call have reported that they were assigned their Jr. Suite upgrades!! YIPPEEE!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS TO THEM!!!

I have not been assigned anything yet. But we still have 4 days until we cruise. I'm staying optimistic.  I'm just pumped someone on our cruise was upgraded.

Latest availability:

4 - JS

39 - Connecting Balconies

52 - Spacious Balconies

And the waiting continues....

The wait is over!!! WE WERE UPGRADED!!!! 

I was on a zoom meeting and received a text from my credit card company at 10:20AM today. I freaked completely out when I saw it was a ROYAL CARIBBEAN CRUISE charge!!! YES!!! We had been UPGRADED!! I was trying to keep my composure on my call but ya'll I was grinning from ear to ear and lost all focus!!!  I tried to keep my cool and started to text my DH.  I looked over at a new email coming through and guess what? It was the Royal UP CONGRATULATIONS email, 10:21AM.  We had been upgraded to the OV Balcony!  YYIIPPEEEEE!!  I snapped a quick pic and text it to DH. He comes strolling down the hall to the study.   He was just a dancing when he entered my study. I wanted to get up and dance with him but I told him I was on a call. 

A quick check on the App to see where was our new cabin. 2636!?!?!? Whatcha talkin' bout Willis that's not a OV balcony. That's just an OV. 

At 10:25AM the invoice arrived and sure enough it was cabin 2636. Mind you, I'm still on my ZOOM call. I work on two monitors so you already know I was typing away to make sure my bid that won was the OV balcony. Yes I confirmed it was the OV balcony. 

I'm ready to ditch this call and call Royal. I sent an email to the Royalup email address but girl I didn't know when or if they would respond. So an hour later... 

Crown & Anchor to the rescue. I dialed in and a very nice young lady proceeded to assist me. Her manager and herself waited 20 minutes for RoyalUp to join them on a call, to no avail. They told me they would call me back. 30 minutes later the manager called me back as promised and got everything squared away. As I was talking to her the new invoice arrived in my email box.  A quick check and yes an OV balcony was assigned to us. A huge sigh of relief and my grin and dance returned!!

This was a fun journey!! I received the RoyalUp offer on October 20 for my December 19 cruise. I received my upgrade on December 16, 2021, almost 60 days after my first bid date. $300 total for an OV Balcony.  I would absolutely do this again if I just booked a cheap inside cabin. We're cruisers and this was a last minute, lets jump on a cruise for CHEAP so we can start using our 4 Diamond vouchers. LOL!!! 

And as I'm typing, 1:09PM I just received my new Guest Ticket Booklet with my new luggage tags!!! I asked her about this and she said she would have them sent to me. I'm a happy camper and very pleased with Royal's customer service. 

Happy Bidding!!!!  3 more sleeps for us!!

Edited by cynt
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, cynt said:

I was on a zoom meeting and received a text from my credit card company at 10:20AM today. I freaked completely out when I saw it was a ROYAL CARIBBEAN CRUISE charge!!! YES!!! We had been UPGRADED!! I was trying to keep my composure on my call but ya'll I was grinning from ear to ear and lost all focus!!!  I tried to keep my cool and started to text my DH.  I looked over at a new email coming through and guess what? It was the Royal UP CONGRATULATIONS email, 10:21AM.  We had been upgraded to the OV Balcony!  YYIIPPEEEEE!!  I snapped a quick pic and text it to DH. He comes strolling down the hall to the study.   He was just a dancing when he entered my study. I wanted to get up and dance with him but I told him I was on a call. 

A quick check on the App to see where was our new cabin. 2636!?!?!? Whatcha talkin' bout Willis that's not a OV balcony. That's just an OV. 

At 10:25AM the invoice arrived and sure enough it was cabin 2636. Mind you, I'm still on my ZOOM call. I work on two monitors so you already know I was typing away to make sure my bid that won was the OV balcony. Yes I confirmed it was the OV balcony. 

I'm ready to ditch this call and call Royal. I sent an email to the Royalup email address but girl I didn't know when or if they would respond. So an hour later... 

Crown & Anchor to the rescue. I dialed in and a very nice young lady proceeded to assist me. Her manager and herself waited 20 minutes for RoyalUp to join them on a call, to no avail. They told me they would call me back. 30 minutes later the manager called me back as promised and got everything squared away. As I was talking to her the new invoice arrived in my email box.  A quick check and yes an OV balcony was assigned to us. A huge sigh of relief and my grin and dance returned!!

This was a fun journey!! I received the RoyalUp offer on October 20 for my December 19 cruise. I received my upgrade on December 16, 2021, almost 60 days after my first bid date. $300 total for an OV Balcony.  I would absolutely do this again if I just booked a cheap inside cabin. We're cruisers and this was a last minute, lets jump on a cruise for CHEAP so we can start using our 4 Diamond vouchers. LOL!!! 

And as I'm typing, 1:09PM I just received my new Guest Ticket Booklet with my new luggage tags!!! I asked her about this and she said she would have them sent to me. I'm a happy camper and very pleased with Royal's customer service. 

Congrats.  Great job.  Have a wonderful cruise.  

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

I know it is early, but has anybody heard about a royal up for a 1/2/22 or 1/9/22  cruise on the Oasis?  Appears that people have been notified a day or two before their scheduled cruise.

I am waiting for same dates Harmony...but don't expect to hear anything until a couple of days before the cruise.  Just need time to change out luggage tags.  😉 

3 hours ago, cynt said:

So glad you researched that and got it taken care of ahead of time.  If you hadn't, you may have been starting off a cruise on a bad note!    Congratulations on the upgrade.  I'm still hoping and waiting. . . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, rm1247 said:

I have 3 bids in for my upcoming cruise and 2 of them just changed to expired and one is pending but can't be modified. When this turns into a win, what is the typical time it takes from the change to when I receive an email?

I have the same situation for an upcoming cruise-  I am curious if that means I got the upgrade?  No charge account update yet.  Interesting

We're not sailing until 1/29/22 but have a $400pp bid in on a 2 bedroom 2 bath suite (no balcony) on Jewel of the Seas, trying to upgrade from our family oceanview.   From what I'm seeing here is it reasonable to assume I won't hear back on the upgrade status until within a week of departure or less?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sosai X said:

We're not sailing until 1/29/22 but have a $400pp bid in on a 2 bedroom 2 bath suite (no balcony) on Jewel of the Seas, trying to upgrade from our family oceanview.   From what I'm seeing here is it reasonable to assume I won't hear back on the upgrade status until within a week of departure or less?

Since there's only one of these cabins I would assume it could be even closer to sail date. Good luck hope you get this cabin...as I'll be looking forward to your comments about it.

From the YouTube we've seen our son, his wife and two kids are looking forward to this cabin for our Alaska Sept 2022.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sosai X said:

I believe what you are bidding on,  is the old location of the CL.  That was made into a family 2 bedroom that went into that space near the elevator...indeed no balcony.   I think it is the only one like it. Supply and demand on that one could come into play.   But hoping you are the lucky one.  😉 

1 minute ago, island lady said:

Supply and demand on that one could come into play.   But hoping you are the lucky one.  😉 

I believe you're correct, and that's why we said, "Eff it," and went in with the top bid.   Fingers and toes all crossed that it comes through for us!   If not, hey, my worst day on a cruise always beats my best day at the office, regardless of what cabin I'm in.

• Like 3

Just now, Sosai X said:

I believe you're correct, and that's why we said, "Eff it," and went in with the top bid.   Fingers and toes all crossed that it comes through for us!   If not, hey, my worst day on a cruise always beats my best day at the office, regardless of what cabin I'm in.

Very good attitude to have!  🙂  But I still wish you luck and hope you score it.  😉 

1 hour ago, Sosai X said:

Have you called to ask if that cabin is available and the current price (others have told me you have to phone for that suite)?  If it is available, you’ll then know the price and if the price us right upgrade yourself.  If it is not available, you’ll only have a shot via RoyalUp if the other party gets an upgrade or cancels.

1 hour ago, Starry Eyes said:

Have you called to ask if that cabin is available and the current price (others have told me you have to phone for that suite)?  If it is available, you’ll then know the price and if the price us right upgrade yourself.  If it is not available, you’ll only have a shot via RoyalUp if the other party gets an upgrade or cancels.

Following your suggestion, I called Royal Caribbean to inquire about the delta between what we've paid and what the cost would be to just book that cabin right now.  I was told the cabin is NOT available - someone is booked in it - and that the Royal Up program allows THAT person to make their cabin available for bid to see if someone else is willing to make them an offer to give it up and take something else.

That's not how I understood this to work; I thought this was Royal Caribbean's way of moving unsold inventory, making it available to those willing to bid on an upgrade to what would otherwise be spoiled inventory, since that cabin loses its ability to generate revenue once the ship sails if it goes out empty.

Anyone else run into this?  I haven't changed my bid, but it's odd to me that I'm evidently not waiting on Royal Caribbean to decide if they want to accept my offer, but whichever guest is currently booked in that cabin.   

54 minutes ago, Sosai X said:

Following your suggestion, I called Royal Caribbean to inquire about the delta between what we've paid and what the cost would be to just book that cabin right now.  I was told the cabin is NOT available - someone is booked in it - and that the Royal Up program allows THAT person to make their cabin available for bid to see if someone else is willing to make them an offer to give it up and take something else.

That's not how I understood this to work; I thought this was Royal Caribbean's way of moving unsold inventory, making it available to those willing to bid on an upgrade to what would otherwise be spoiled inventory, since that cabin loses its ability to generate revenue once the ship sails if it goes out empty.

Anyone else run into this?  I haven't changed my bid, but it's odd to me that I'm evidently not waiting on Royal Caribbean to decide if they want to accept my offer, but whichever guest is currently booked in that cabin.   

I think the rep isn't up on the program

RoyalUp exists to move unsold inventory and possible cancelations. It does not actively encourage a booked passenger to 'give up' their existing cabin. That is a side effect of them desiring a better cabin and participating in the process. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I think the rep isn't up on the program

RoyalUp exists to move unsold inventory and possible cancelations. It does not actively encourage a booked passenger to 'give up' their existing cabin. That is a side effect of them desiring a better cabin and participating in the process. 

So now I'm confused; the rep is telling me that cabin is taken, but it's being made available for bid on Royal Up.   So, is it taken, or is it not?  

• Haha 1