RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

7 minutes ago, molly361 said:

One bid for a CL- I have as OS  bid $50 over minimum-  I have bid several times over the years and have never won-  

Except for last week, I have only tried a bid once years ago when the program first came out.  Both times were denied.  

Since they are ignoring me again...guessing I am not successful (again 😞 ).  All three around half way between "weak" and "fair". 

When I see Isabeth today, she said she will have pax count for next week.   Before they shut down new bookings until 1/16/22 awhile ago, there was only 10% of the CLS cabins booked.  Not sure if it has changed, since I couldn't see it any longer, but would be no new bookings after that anyway.  

• Like 1

I have 2 Royal Up offers out there. The first one is for the 1/9 sailing on Odyssey.  That one is still pending and can be modified. The other is for the 1/15 sailing on Odyssey.  That one also shows Pending too but cannot be modified or cancelled.  Am I wrong that it is weird that the later cruise is the one that cannot be modified?

1 minute ago, JessyCruises said:

Am I wrong that it is weird that the later cruise is the one that cannot be modified?

When it comes to RCI IT (even if Royal Up is run by Plusgrade), nothing is really weird.

Biker, who called to get a pending bid "unstuck".

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, FLMom said:

We didn’t have any issues with our check in being updated to our new suite assignment. Our set sail passes and luggage tags automatically reflected the new suite once the RoyalUp was processed today. We sail in just a few days. As to masking, we don’t know exactly what to expect… but we would be surprised if we had to re-mask between bites/sips in any of the restaurants. 

We canceled our cruise spending so much money for a reduced positive experience. Two friends came home from cruise last week with covid.  We will try again in march

Edited by Cruise a holic

17 hours ago, FLMom said:

I was still pending last night (and able to modify). I was VERY surprised to get the “congratulations “ email around noon today. We sail in 4 days. Keep the faith… you never know!

Thank you.  We will continue to think maybe.  We are not unhappy with what we have just decided to spend some of our grand-kids inheritance for an upgrade.  lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, SilkySal said:

I put in a low bid for a suite for the Odyssey on the 15th but don't expect to get it. Still, miracles happen! Good luck to both of you on your bids!! Cheers!!

I am on that sailing too.  On the FB page there have been several people over the last 2 days report that their bids have been accepted.  I have one bid in for a Spacious Oceanview.  My offer still shows pending but cannot be modified or cancelled.  Good luck with yours!! 

We are on Odyssey this Sunday 1/9 and have a bid on a Grand suite.  That one still shows pending & CAN be modified.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

Me to except for the second part😇

Let me know if you hear anything.  I seem to be very unlucky with this upbid program.  If I am continued to be ignored until well after sail away on Sunday night...this will be the very LAST time I try that program.  😣

Had better luck with the sweet and wonderful upgrade fairy, until her money grubbing upbid sister shot her and tossed her overboard.  😮 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, SilkySal said:

I put in a low bid for a suite for the Odyssey on the 15th but don't expect to get it. Still, miracles happen! Good luck to both of you on your bids!! Cheers!!

And you as well!  Though I am guessing you will be lucky!  🙂 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

Let me know if you hear anything.  I seem to be very unlucky with this upbid program.  If I am continued to be ignored until well after sail away on Sunday night...this will be the very LAST time I try that program.  😣

Had better luck with the sweet and wonderful upgrade fairy, until her money grubbing upbid sister shot her and tossed her overboard.  😮 

Will do  I'm also on the FB page for that sailing and the other day there were a couple of reports from people that got RU but nothing yesterday or today

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, island lady said:

Probably because you cruise so often, they are telling you if you want a better category cabin pay for it when reserving your cruise at it's current price.

Edited by Jimbo