RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

3 minutes ago, ticketsunlimited said:

Yes my last to upgrades did the same thing.  Good Luck!!

What ship and sailing are you doing?

3 minutes ago, psternklar said:

When is your cruise?

Sunday on the Harmony.  Went from guarantee interior to Oceanview Balcony for $150 each.  Hopefully!

Edited by J&L~SetSail
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, J&L~SetSail said:

So...all of my additional offers say expired.  The upgrade I really want still says pending and it can't be modified.  Is this a good sign?

I think so!  That happened to me last week for my Explorer 1/16 sailing.  I'm hoping it happens again for the second week of my B2B.  I keep checking!

• Thanks 1

I just received the RoyalUp email for my February 18, 2022 Navigator cruise (45 days out and was able to check in this morning). We are currently in a Grand Suite. The cruise is showing SOLD OUT for all suite levels but I put a Strong Bid ($250) on the Owner's suite and a Fair Bid ($600) on the Royal Suite (I was also able to bid on the 2bd Grand Suite, but not interested). If any of these upgrades pan out it will still cost me MUCH less than had I booked either one of these suites months ago when they were available.  I am very happy with our current suite, but I figured it doesn't hurt to try. I'll keep you all posted. Happy cruising! 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, J&L~SetSail said:

Sunday on the Harmony.  Went from guarantee interior to Oceanview Balcony for $150 each.  Hopefully!

Yes!

CONGRATULATIONS!
Hi JASON,

Your RoyalUp bid for a stateroom upgrade has been accepted.

• Like 2

Notified today that my bid for a grand suite was accepted for the 7 night sailing 1/8 on Serenade - $600 total (bid $300/pp). Needless to say - we are thrilled! Love the location of the new room, too. 2022 is starting off strong!

Edited by FLMom
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, FLMom said:

Notified today that my bid for a grand suite was accepted for the 7 night sailing 1/8 on Serenade - $600 total (bid $300/pp). Needless to say - we are thrilled! Love the location of the new room, too. 2022 is starting off strong!

Can I ask what you were upgrading from? Thx

Well, I am a happy man today.

My $100 total bid for an upgrade from an oceanview on deck 2 to a balcony (on deck six) was accepted!  And I got the oceanview for a really low price to start with!

Now all my daughter and I have to do is test negative for Covid ...

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Ashland said:

For those that their bid was accepted did the congratulations letter give you the cabin number?

No, mine didn't.  I had to look at my account on the Royal Caribbean website.

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, J&L~SetSail said:

So...all of my additional offers say expired.  The upgrade I really want still says pending and it can't be modified.  Is this a good sign?

My upgrade bid still says pending and it can be modified.  We sail on 1/17 so not sure if this is good or bad?   

Hi all! Couple questions please…

We are booked on the Allure Jan. 16. I have not “checked in” yet because we’re still trying to decide whether to cancel. May have an issue with an elderly parent, and also concerned how strictly they will enforce the mask protocol. I don’t mind masking up while indoors from point A to point B, but don’t want to have to mask up between every bite and every sip. Any idea how how they’re handling it now?

Also, we have put in a couple bids on RoyalUp and thought maybe we’d wait to see if we got the upgrade prior to checking in. So is there any problem rearranging things if you get the upgrade but are already checked in?  And IF we end up canceling within the 48 hr window but had already won an upgrade, will that be refunded to us??

Sorry to throw so many questions in there!! But grateful for any advice you guys might share! Thanks so much!

Jennifer

1 hour ago, imola said:

My upgrade bid still says pending and it can be modified.  We sail on 1/17 so not sure if this is good or bad?   

I was still pending last night (and able to modify). I was VERY surprised to get the “congratulations “ email around noon today. We sail in 4 days. Keep the faith… you never know!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dixiejen said:

Hi all! Couple questions please…

We are booked on the Allure Jan. 16. I have not “checked in” yet because we’re still trying to decide whether to cancel. May have an issue with an elderly parent, and also concerned how strictly they will enforce the mask protocol. I don’t mind masking up while indoors from point A to point B, but don’t want to have to mask up between every bite and every sip. Any idea how how they’re handling it now?

Also, we have put in a couple bids on RoyalUp and thought maybe we’d wait to see if we got the upgrade prior to checking in. So is there any problem rearranging things if you get the upgrade but are already checked in?  And IF we end up canceling within the 48 hr window but had already won an upgrade, will that be refunded to us??

Sorry to throw so many questions in there!! But grateful for any advice you guys might share! Thanks so much!

Jennifer

We didn’t have any issues with our check in being updated to our new suite assignment. Our set sail passes and luggage tags automatically reflected the new suite once the RoyalUp was processed today. We sail in just a few days. As to masking, we don’t know exactly what to expect… but we would be surprised if we had to re-mask between bites/sips in any of the restaurants. 

• Like 1

My bid for next week (second half of B2B sailing on Sunday) are all showing Pending, and can be modified.  Wish they would let me know now, like they are with my fellow posters.  

And congrats to all that received their upgrade!  🙂 

1 hour ago, island lady said:

My bid for next week (second half of B2B sailing on Sunday) are all showing Pending, and can be modified.  Wish they would let me know now, like they are with my fellow posters.  

And congrats to all that received their upgrade!  🙂 

I haven't heard either but several on the FB group has been successful

• Like 1

4 hours ago, molly361 said:

I haven't heard either but several on the FB group has been successful

Makes you feel like asking them...."what about me??!!"  😉 

This time I have three bids in...toss the dice...see what shows up (if at all).  🤞

1 minute ago, island lady said:

Makes you feel like asking them...."what about me??!!"  😉 

This time I have three bids in...toss the dice...see what shows up (if at all).  🤞

I'm guessing that you will be visiting GS Sunday to try and do it yourself again😇

• Like 1

1 minute ago, molly361 said:

I'm guessing that you will be visiting GS Sunday to try and do it yourself again😇

No, Bucky and I agreed this morning to just let it go.  RCI doesn't want our money...too bad.  😉  

So, unless I get lucky in the next few days...we are back to the JS.  But it's actually a very, very nice JS on deck 11 right on the hump.  One of the nicer JS cabins we have ever seen.  

How many bids do you have in?   Hope we both get lucky.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, island lady said:

No, Bucky and I agreed this morning to just let it go.  RCI doesn't want our money...too bad.  😉  

So, unless I get lucky in the next few days...we are back to the JS.  But it's actually a very, very nice JS on deck 11 right on the hump.  One of the nicer JS cabins we have ever seen.  

How many bids do you have in?   Hope we both get lucky.  

One bid for a CL- I have as OS  bid $50 over minimum-  I have bid several times over the years and have never won-  

• Like 1