RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

On 2/20/2022 at 2:17 PM, Blizzard54 said:

I expect they may be holding off processing March Royal-up's to see what the effect of lifting mandatory mask from sailings has on last minute bookings.   (Or possibility last minute cancelations)

Since people are getting there bids accepted on embarkation day or even after the ship has sailed, it would be hard to delay them any more. 😄

Dear Guest, we would like to inform you that you won your Royal Up bid for the cruise you took last week.  Your credit card has been charged.  We hope you enjoy knowing that you really should have been in a nice cabin.  Sincerely, RCI

😄 😄 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

11 hours ago, dsvd79 said:

We got our email today for our Quantum Alaska Cruise leaving May 30th.

We are in an Obstructed View Balcony.  Here are our choices.

UPGRADE OPTIONS
priced per person for the entire length of your cruise

upgrade IMAGE

Grand Suite with Large Balcony - 1 Bedroom
Our Grand Suites with its wrap around balcony with private dining and sitting area is sure to please. Enjoy Royal Suite Class and your exclusive experiences under Sky Class.

From $260 USD pp

SEE DETAILS

upgrade IMAGE

Grand Suite - 1 Bedroom
Our Grand Suites offer a comfortable bedroom, a living area and a private balcony. Enjoy Royal Suite Class and your exclusive experiences under Sky Class.

From $230 USD pp

SEE DETAILS

upgrade IMAGE

Junior Suite
These suites offer a living area with a sofa bed. Enjoy Royal Suite Class and indulge in the amenities under Sea Class.

From $120 USD pp

SEE DETAILS

upgrade IMAGE

Spacious Ocean View Balcony
Enjoy beautiful views of exotic ports, landscapes, seas and skies from your large private balcony.

Stateroom may be a larger balcony or larger room.

From $60 USD pp

SEE DETAILS

upgrade IMAGE

Ocean View Balcony
Vast views of the landscapes, seascapes and skies are yours to enjoy from your private balcony.

From $50 USD pp

No way I would pass on making a small bid for a GS. 😄

• Like 1

I got a Royal Up for our next cruise.  We already moved up from our normal GS to an OS due to low price difference.

Now they are offering the RS for a minimum bid of $236 pp.  I guess I should take a chance. 😄

• Like 5

Just curious if anyone has actually won a RoyalUp bid from Sky Class to Star Class without bidding the full amount?  Also, for newbies to RoyalUp, be aware that the room pictures are not always from the ship you are sailing on.  On the RoyalUp for Allure May 8, the 2 Bdrm AQ is very dated and not as shown in the pic. I still put in a bid as it is Star Class.   But the one bedroom AQ is much smaller than pictured (no dining table and chairs). Definitely not worth giving up my OS for.  Make sure you check out videos on YouTube and do your homework before placing a bid and ending up with a room you might not be happy with.

44777315-6C9D-4FA5-B648-95A4CD1A2FF3.jpeg

Edited by 4Nathan
Typo
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, 4Nathan said:

the room pictures are not always from the ship you are sailing on.

Make sure you check out videos on YouTube and do your homework before placing a bid and ending up with a room you might not be happy with.

This is such great advice.  It is a bit sketchy the way Royal will advertise some of their rooms.  I have seen pictures of Junior Suites advertised as "spacious" balconies.  Do NOT trust the pictures or the descriptions.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 4Nathan said:

Just curious if anyone has actually won a RoyalUp bid from Sky Class to Star Class without bidding the full amount?  Also, for newbies to RoyalUp, be aware that the room pictures are not always from the ship you are sailing on.  On the RoyalUp for Allure May 8, the 2 Bdrm AQ is very dated and not as shown in the pic. I still put in a bid as it is Star Class.   But the one bedroom AQ is much smaller than pictured (no dining table and chairs). Definitely not worth giving up my OS for.  Make sure you check out videos on YouTube and do your homework before placing a bid and ending up with a room you might not be happy with.

44777315-6C9D-4FA5-B648-95A4CD1A2FF3.jpeg

Thought I'd mention -- if you win a bid from a Sky Class to a Star Class suite, while you get the upgraded cabin you do not get the Star Class perks (Genie, UDP, DBP, etc.).

Just now, mk-ultra said:

Thought I'd mention -- if you win a bid from a Sky Class to a Star Class suite, while you get the upgraded cabin you do not get the Star Class perks (Genie, UDP, DBP, etc.).

I am not sure that is correct based on my reading.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, mk-ultra said:

Not correct. I have twice won my Royal Up to Star and received full benefits. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, sandebeach said:

Not correct. I have twice won my Royal Up to Star and received full benefits. 

Hmm.  I wonder if that changed?  Anywho, thank you for correcting my misinformation.  Sorry, folks.

18 hours ago, Nantes said:

Just received a notification that my bid was accepted for the ocean view balcony!  Not expecting to happen so early!  
(we did not bid for the JS or any other above categories)

how much did you bid for the balcony? 

Was kind of still hopeful one of our bids might come through, as two of the cabins we bid on are still available.  We had two JS open up this morning, I have had a bid in on those for a while, not the maximum, but we did go a little higher than the minimum, though I did recently raise it by $25 pp.  Also the balcony with larger balcony is still showing 3 available, though I would prefer the JS.  

43 minutes ago, SWACruising said:

You get the perks but not the points

Yeah. I think the vague wording in RoyalUp website understandable confuses some people.  One does get the usual benefits associated with the suite, but does not get extra points if one upgrades to a JS/suite.  Also, if Royal Caribbean were running, for example, an offer like “$500 OBC on a suite,” that would apply to regular bookings while RoyalUp upgrades would not qualify.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, mom2tcdx2 said:

Was kind of still hopeful one of our bids might come through, as two of the cabins we bid on are still available.  We had two JS open up this morning, I have had a bid in on those for a while, not the maximum, but we did go a little higher than the minimum, though I did recently raise it by $25 pp.  Also the balcony with larger balcony is still showing 3 available, though I would prefer the JS.  

When is your cruise?

Rebooked with FCC and haven't gotten our bid invite yet but we're still 60 days out so not to worried. That being said, I didn't miss something about rebooking not qualifying did I? 

Kicking myself because we put in bids on our first booking when they were running a mad special on it and all the bids were around half price if I remember correctly. 

9 minutes ago, auntie.emily94 said:

Rebooked with FCC and haven't gotten our bid invite yet but we're still 60 days out so not to worried. That being said, I didn't miss something about rebooking not qualifying did I? 

Kicking myself because we put in bids on our first booking when they were running a mad special on it and all the bids were around half price if I remember correctly. 

Did you try going to the site wuthout an invitation. I'm a litte less than 60 days out for my cruise. I've been able to bid for over a month. I still haven't received an invitation. I haven't bothered bidding because the minimums are too high for me. 

3 hours ago, Nantes said:

When is your cruise?

Our cruise is this Sunday. To edit I just checked my email that I won the bid, I was soooo hoping for the JS, but it was just for the cabin with the larger balcony.  

Edited by mom2tcdx2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, auntie.emily94 said:

Here is where you can check.  
https://www.royalcaribbean.com/booked/cruise-room-upgrade

We just found out that we finally got our first Royal Up accepted.  WE are sailing on the Liberty, 4/3/22. We went from a JS to an OS.  WE bid in the low range so were very excited to have gotten it.  My BIL paid about $2500 more than we did by just booking it at full price so we aren't even going to mention how cheap we got this stateroom for. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Just placed a minimum RU bid.

What the heck. 😄

We normally sail in a GS, but the upcharge to OS was pretty low, so upgraded.  Then got the RU offer for the Royal Suite. 😄

I would take it if I win.  Bid range was $265 - $3500 pp.  Grandeur repositioning from Barbados to Houston. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Rterens said:

Will it say something different if not accepted ?

Welcome to CC and coming out of lurk mode.

Some have seen a status of "expired" or "cancelled", but likely it will stay as "pending" and you'll get the denial email the day of the sailing.

Edited by Biker19
  • Thanks 1