Can you bring wine on board

LH3

There is supposed to be a corkage fee of about $15 per bottle if you bring the wine to the MDR or one of the other dining options.  On our last cruise our head waiter "forgot" to charge us and earned extra in his tip at the end of the cruise.

If you open the wine in your room (room steward can supply glasses, corkscrew, etc.) there's no charge for your to carry a glass anywhere.

Have a great cruise!

30 minutes ago, LH3 said:

Hi guys,

boarding in a month, was wondering if we would be able to bring a bottle or two on board with us?

On boarding day, guests may bring onboard two (2) 750 ml bottles of personal wine and champagne per stateroom in their carry-on luggage. If more than two bottles of wine and champagne are brought onboard, including any alcoholic beverages purchased in ports-of-call or in our onboard shops, they will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on your last day onboard.

Info & additional alcohol info located @:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/onboard-alcohol-guest-policy

🍷

• 3 weeks later...

Can you bring anything on from each port?  On our last cruise, my husband enjoyed finding a bottle or two of the local beer and bring it back on the ship to enjoy on our balcony that evening.  That was a Princess cruise several years ago and they were just fine with it.  We also brought back several bottles of wine from our stop in Florence/Tuscany which wasn't an issue at all.

8 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

They might be more lenient on some itineraries (and perhaps quantity) but don't count on it.

Maybe I'll just ask each morning when we're getting off and see what they say!  Or test the waters with a cheap bottle the first day 🙂

2 minutes ago, K8inMN said:

Maybe I'll just ask each morning when we're getting off and see what they say!  Or test the waters with a cheap bottle the first day 🙂

If you ask, they will have to say no.  Just give it a try, worst case you get the bottle on the last day.

17 minutes ago, TinkBellaMom said:

Just wondering about the corkage fee.  We have been on several cruises since they started charging a fee, yet we have never been charged.  Is it up to the dining room folks to add it?  

I sense great reluctance from the crew  to charge the fee. 

• Like 1

Since Royal started allowing 2 bottles of wine, we’ve never had security check our bottles or even acknowledge them for that matter, and we are talking about 4-5 cruises per year. 

One time I was told after going through the X-ray machine they needed to search my bag.  I mentioned that I had 2 bottles of wine and 2  large bottles of water.  The agent said she wasn’t  concerned about them but looking for something else. She pulled out my small jewelry bag, said this is it, and briefly looked inside.  I was good to go.  Funny thing is I have been using that bag for 10 years or so and that is the only time it’s been a concern😀

We’ve never been charged a corker age fee,either😀

Sherri🙂

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/21/2018 at 8:47 PM, TinkBellaMom said:

Just wondering about the corkage fee.  We have been on several cruises since they started charging a fee, yet we have never been charged.  Is it up to the dining room folks to add it?  

Never been charged. Was just on the OFTS last summer. Had wine every night. We were pretty low key with it though. We would carry the bottle and have a glass with some already poured. We never bothered them to ask for a bucket or anything. That probably helped that we didn’t bother them to ask for supplies. Just be low key and not need anything and you’ll probably be fine. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/20/2019 at 10:39 PM, shipmate13 said:

I bring on two bottles of wine and my husband brings on two.  Nobody has ever said anything.  

So is the rule 2 bottles per person or by cabin on Royal Caribbean.  We're leaving from Rome, and would like some nice Italian wine since in the past most of the wine has been from California...  Thanks!

21 minutes ago, TO_HockeyMum said:

So is the rule 2 bottles per person or by cabin on Royal Caribbean.  We're leaving from Rome, and would like some nice Italian wine since in the past most of the wine has been from California...  Thanks!

Two (750 ml) bottles per cabin.

8 minutes ago, JayTee1 said:

Let's say I pack 2 bottles per suitcase and play dumb that it didn't know it was 2 per stateroom.

What happens to my other two bottles? It gets returned to me at the end of my trip? 

Yes, if they catch it.