Adventure Power Outlets

RadioPeri

16 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Two US 110V outlets and one Euro 220V outlet in the desk area.  One combo US/Euro outlet in the bathroom for shavers only.

Blecch. That's what I was afraid of. Beyond ridiculous in this day and age. 

Thanks anyway, though! (Don't mean to shoot the messenger.)

2 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

Some cabins have been outfitted with USB power under bedside lamps, but not all.

I have heard that some cabins on Adventure have these. We were in an aft cabin on Adventure in March and I did not notice them but I was not looking for them either.

15 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I have heard that some cabins on Adventure have these. We were in an aft cabin on Adventure in March and I did not notice them but I was not looking for them either.

We've had two different JS staterooms on Adventure and both had the USB outlets in the bottom of the light fixtures on either side of the bed.  Not easy to see.

39 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

23 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

We've had two different JS staterooms on Adventure and both had the USB outlets in the bottom of the light fixtures on either side of the bed.  Not easy to see.

Okay, fingers crossed. I guess we won't know for sure until we get on board.

Thanks, y'all.

27 minutes ago, suesnake2002 said:

I have bought from the big box stores, a charging tower. One plug, then it has 4usb ports. Since its not a power cord,it's usb ports, no problem bringing on ship 

Hi Sue, I remember you from the Harmony this past spring! We have all the accouterments, it's just annoying to not be able to plug things in bedside.

Hoping they've upgraded all the lamps, not just in the Junior Suites. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/9/2018 at 6:16 PM, bilyclub said:

I disregarded the warning on the shaver outlet and plugged my water pick into it. Ran for a few minutes and died.

The issue with the shaver outlet is a power (it's limited) - you may have damaged your water pick due to the voltage (perhaps you have a 110V unit and plugged into 220V).

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

The issue with the shaver outlet is a power (it's limited) - you may have damaged your water pick due to the voltage (perhaps you have a 110V unit and plugged into 220V).

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Yeah, I'm assuming the shaver outlet was 220V because the waterpik was over revving. Later I saw a disclaimer in the waterpik paperwork about using in the US only.

6 minutes ago, bilyclub said:

Yeah, I'm assuming the shaver outlet was 220V because the waterpik was over revving. Later I saw a disclaimer in the waterpik paperwork about using in the US only.

All the shaver outlets I've seen are combo 110V/220V, and the only way to get 220V would be to use a US to Euro adapter.

33 minutes ago, bilyclub said:

The outlets are typically like this:

Image result for of the seas shaver outlet

so that you can plug into either side - you just happened to plug into the 22/30 side.

Edited by Biker19

2 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

All the shaver outlets I've seen are combo 110V/220V, and the only way to get 220V would be to use a US to Euro adapter.

I do bring one of those with me, but can't remember what I did. I probably plugged it into the wrong side.  Now I'm wondering if I should try again.  I'll have to look up what it draws.

4 minutes ago, bilyclub said:

I do bring one of those with me, but can't remember what I did. I probably plugged it into the wrong side.  Now I'm wondering if I should try again.  I'll have to look up what it draws.

The devices are usually marked either on the power cord or near where the power card is attached.