Voom Surf and Stream 4 devices

Tbucs19

Trying to clarify if I purchased the Voom surf and stream 4 device package does that mean that four different people in my party can be on four different devices at once? Otherwise do I have to buy individual Voom surf and stream packages per person?  

11 minutes ago, Tbucs19 said:

Thank u

Note that there will be only one set of login credentials for the 4-device plan, so you will have to be aware that any person will be able to connect multiple devices.  Might take some coordination.

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

Note that there will be only one set of login credentials for the 4-device plan, so you will have to be aware that any person will be able to connect multiple devices.  Might take some coordination.

But if it is my wife, myself, and my two kids each with an iPad we should be good yes? 

1 minute ago, Tbucs19 said:

But if it is my wife, myself, and my two kids each with an iPad we should be good yes? 

If there are only 4 total devices. no problem.  But if someone has both an iPad and a phone, then you will have to coordinate and be sure to log off when you are finished with a device.

3 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

If there are only 4 total devices. no problem.  But if someone has both an iPad and a phone, then you will have to coordinate and be sure to log off when you are finished with a device.

Each of us would only be on one device at a time, but if I wanted to switch from my iPad to my iPhone I assume I could do so even if the other three people were  on a device.?    Just trying to make sure Royal Caribbean  isn’t snookering me into buying the four device package but somehow my three other family members would be out of luck. 

3 minutes ago, Tbucs19 said:

Each of us would only be on one device at a time, but if I wanted to switch from my iPad to my iPhone I assume I could do so even if the other three people were  on a device.?    Just trying to make sure Royal Caribbean  isn’t snookering me into buying the four device package but somehow my three other family members would be out of luck. 

Yes, anyone can switch devices, but they should logoff one device before they logon to the new one. 

*Skip to the bold for your answer and skip my  nonsense*

I’m currently on the Allure of the Seas - My issue was connecting multiple devices at the same time but they all belong to me. What I ended up doing was using my portable router and signing in with my account to the router. All of my devices connected to that router would then have internet. My WiFi has her own account and dosn’t really share the bandwidth with my devices. 

Currently I have and iPad Pro 11, a Surface Go, iPhone, OnePlus 6T and a Roku Stick connected to my router. They all share the same account and have no issues with speed or streaming. (We got the Surf + Stream package included with our Suite.) 

- In your case: You have one login with 4 devices allowed. The neat part is the way the ships network controls access. Once you log in you don’t have to re-login when your phone / device looses the connection as the access is controlled by your devices unique MAC address. So even if you get off the ship for 5+ hours the moment you come back the ship will recognize your device and let you on the internet right away. 

This also means you don’t have to give the other people in your party the account information as they won’t get logged off automatically and if YOU chose to log out one device to jump to the other all you have to do is go to logout.com and it will log that individual account out and open up a device slot on your account. 

If you have any question on this let me know. 

Welcome to CC.

I don't believe there's any MAC address filtering going on with VOOM. It simply tracks the number of devices compared to the package allowance. On most ships going to logout.com is not required, the next device to login using those credentials, will "bump off" one of the other connected devices - because of this, some coordination may be needed on usage.

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Welcome to CC.

I don't believe there's any MAC address filtering going on with VOOM. It simply tracks the number of devices compared to the package allowance. On most ships going to logout.com is not required, the next device to login using those credentials, will "bump off" one of the other connected devices - because of this, some coordination may be needed on usage.

Thanks!

They definitely are keeping track by MAC address. To test my theory out I connected my cell phone to the WiFi and authenticated with my credentials - confirmed working internet. I then disconnected from the WiFi and made my phone ”forget” the connection and connected to my travel router (GL-iNet). I continued to clone the MAC address of my phone to the router (which restarts the WiFi radio) and... WiFi connected with internet and no need to authenticate on the router 🙂

They keep track of devices and “authentication” by MAC address. At least here on the Allure of the Seas. 

In the case of the amount of devices - if you are using all four and you log off (by going to logout.com) then you will have an extra device available but most importantly you won’t kick someone else off if you “switch devices”.

6 minutes ago, whitshel said:

I just looked a my Liberty cruise in January, 4 device Surf and Stream is only $22.99 thats only $5.75 per device per day, I don't think I've seen it that low.

Are you sure that isn't $22.99 per day?

17 hours ago, mr_revilla said:

*Skip to the bold for your answer and skip my  nonsense*

I’m currently on the Allure of the Seas - My issue was connecting multiple devices at the same time but they all belong to me. What I ended up doing was using my portable router and signing in with my account to the router. All of my devices connected to that router would then have internet. My WiFi has her own account and dosn’t really share the bandwidth with my devices. 

Currently I have and iPad Pro 11, a Surface Go, iPhone, OnePlus 6T and a Roku Stick connected to my router. They all share the same account and have no issues with speed or streaming. (We got the Surf + Stream package included with our Suite.) 

- In your case: You have one login with 4 devices allowed. The neat part is the way the ships network controls access. Once you log in you don’t have to re-login when your phone / device looses the connection as the access is controlled by your devices unique MAC address. So even if you get off the ship for 5+ hours the moment you come back the ship will recognize your device and let you on the internet right away. 

This also means you don’t have to give the other people in your party the account information as they won’t get logged off automatically and if YOU chose to log out one device to jump to the other all you have to do is go to logout.com and it will log that individual account out and open up a device slot on your account. 

If you have any question on this let me know. 

This is not how it happened on Grandeur in Aug.

The connection would drop after a period of time of inactivity, and require to be logged back on.

And if one person was online and the other logged on, the first person lost the connection (we were two people sharing one device plan).

And each person had to log in each time with the password, so both needed to know it.