EZAir Delta Flying International

Anubi

We have had a very bad experience with Princess EZAir and are reluctant to consider using them again.  

However, I have been following a few threads on EZAir with respect to international travel and I am surprised to hear that flying to Europe via EZAir is very good with costs being substantially lower and schedules being adhered to much better than with domestic travel.

I would appreciate anyone sharing their experience with this.    

There are many discussions along that vein here. The key is the MAY be cheaper, particularly for one way flights. But that is not guaranteed. You need to check airfares both ways, in, and out of EZAir.

My general experience is international flights stick to schedules much better, due to busy-ness of major international airports, and a couple other issues. But all it takes is a major weather problem, and things get messed up.

18 minutes ago, Anubi said:

... and schedules being adhered to much better than with domestic travel.

4 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

My general experience is international flights stick to schedules much better, due to busy-ness of major international airports, and a couple other issues.

Yes, this is a feature of international airline scheduling, so it has very little if anything to do with EZAir.

And remember the differences in the phrase "stick to schedule".

If you are referring to overall published changes to the regular schedule, that's more the case with intercontinental flights.  If you are referring to operational performance on any particular day, that depends on the airline, weather and situational factors.

Remember - Delta now has some international flights with their "Basic Economy" pricing.  That means no free bag ($60 for first bag), no assigned seat until you check in and no guarantee that you and anyone you are traveling with will be seated together (including families).   Since EZAir doesn't give many details other than "Economy", just be aware that an uber-cheap fare could be a Basic Economy fare.

• Thanks 1

Because transatlantic flights go outside normal radar range, flights every day are assigned specific 'lanes' and times by air traffic controllers in Gander, Canada and the 'Shanwick' ATC operations in Ireland and Scotland in order to maintain extremely safe spacing between planes. Once they get their transatlantic slot, airlines do their best to stick with it because the next available alternate slot may cause a significant departure delay or be a less desirable lane that requires a time detour and costly additional fuel burn to reach the destination. 

A good full explanation of the North Atlantic Tracks here:

https://aerosavvy.com/north-atlantic-tracks/

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Remember - Delta now has some international flights with their "Basic Economy" pricing.  That means no free bag ($60 for first bag), no assigned seat until you check in and no guarantee that you and anyone you are traveling with will be seated together (including families).   Since EZAir doesn't give many details other than "Economy", just be aware that an uber-cheap fare could be a Basic Economy fare.

OP can also price EZAir with DL using another class of service rather than just basic economy..like comfort+ or even possibly premium select. Well worth it for an international flight..JMHO.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ashland said:

OP can also price EZAir with DL using another class of service rather than just basic economy..like comfort+ or even possibly premium select. Well worth it for an international flight..JMHO.

I think the point was that it's unlikely EZAir would specify that a given fare is basic economy; they would simply show "economy" but you might end up with BE.