Best beach day pass from Falmouth

meliss35

My husband and I (in our 50s) will be in Falmouth for the day in February. We have been to Jamaica twice already. did the dunns river falls and the blue hole. We are thinking of doing an beach hotel day pass or an all inclusive day pass unless there is any other suggestions on things to do in Falmouth. Which place do you recommend? How do I book the day pass? How much is it per person? 

• 3 weeks later...

We did Royalton/ White Sands and had a great day. Good beach, food and amenities. Very short drive from Falmouth cruise terminal. It was fairly expensive for a day pass (I think $100pp) through Shore Excursioneer but we did have a really good day and both my wife and I said we would do it again. We went in September and although the resort is not Adults Only there were very few children around.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

There is the jerk chicken stand but no Jamaican patties when we were there in September. They did have a hamburger and maybe hot dog stand by the pool but we did not try the stand. The water was clear and pretty although Jamaican beaches are not as pretty as Grand Cayman imo. We thought it was a great beach and we are already booked for September 2019. I really think you can't go wrong with this excursion if you get a good day. I agree with pp who have recommended Royalton

Went to Royalton in March and it was great. Have done a lot of day passes while on cruises and this was one of the good ones. Drinks were cheap alcohol but buffet was plentiful, every kind of food you can imagine. Jerk chicken shack was okay but no beef patties. We booked on shore excursioneer and transportation was included. Pools were nice and beach was beautiful, water clear and not many rocks. Guests staying there had already claimed all chairs on beach and near pool but we weren’t looking to lay out so we were good. If you want a chair then claim one as soon as you get there. Group met in the lobby for our return back and everyone was on time. Driver wanted to stop at shops on the way back but thank god everyone agreed to go back to pier to shop. Overall a lot of fun. 

We are doing the $29 bus to Blue Water through Royal.  Can stay at the beach all day and chill.  They also have an All Inclusive option for $84 pp for our cruise.  It says 3 hours, but the buses run all day so you can stay as long as you want.  We plan to be on the early bus and then take the last bus back so we have plenty of time to make our ship before it sails.  Blue Water is only about 10 minutes from the port and includes your entrance and your lounger.  Have never been so hoping we like it.

We did the same type of thing to Red Stripe beach a couple years ago and loved it.  But Red Stripe is no longer there, so now they are doing this trip to Blue Water instead.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Nlexi912 said:

Went to Royalton in March and it was great. Have done a lot of day passes while on cruises and this was one of the good ones. Drinks were cheap alcohol but buffet was plentiful, every kind of food you can imagine. Jerk chicken shack was okay but no beef patties. We booked on shore excursioneer and transportation was included. Pools were nice and beach was beautiful, water clear and not many rocks. Guests staying there had already claimed all chairs on beach and near pool but we weren’t looking to lay out so we were good. If you want a chair then claim one as soon as you get there. Group met in the lobby for our return back and everyone was on time. Driver wanted to stop at shops on the way back but thank god everyone agreed to go back to pier to shop. Overall a lot of fun. 

Oh no, I hope there are enough chairs for us when we get there! I was hoping that going to a place like this would help us avoid that problem.

Do you guys recommend the Silver Sands or Blue Waters side? How many hours did your group get to stay? 

We stayed on the Silver Sands side, nice pool with a swim up bar is where we planted ourselves. Entertainment/music was also on that side and seemed to be more adults. Did visit the lazy river and slides and looked fun if you have children. Honestly, both sides were nice. We arrived a little before 9 am but they didn’t give us our wrist bracelets until after 9, the one negative was the wait to check in. Stayed until around 3pm, time flew by and could have stayed longer. 

On 6/18/2019 at 4:51 PM, karena1 said:

We are doing the $29 bus to Blue Water through Royal.  Can stay at the beach all day and chill.  They also have an All Inclusive option for $84 pp for our cruise.  It says 3 hours, but the buses run all day so you can stay as long as you want.  We plan to be on the early bus and then take the last bus back so we have plenty of time to make our ship before it sails.  Blue Water is only about 10 minutes from the port and includes your entrance and your lounger.  Have never been so hoping we like it.

We did the same type of thing to Red Stripe beach a couple years ago and loved it.  But Red Stripe is no longer there, so now they are doing this trip to Blue Water instead.

Does the $29 include anything like chairs or umbrella, or is it just the transportation back and forth?

3 hours ago, JBSteelerfan said:

Does the $29 include anything like chairs or umbrella, or is it just the transportation back and forth?

It includes your lounge chairs.  I think if you want an umbrella you have to pay for it.  Buses go back and forth all day so you are not limited to 3 hours.  We are taking the 10:30 bus over and will probably take like a 3:30 or 4 pm bus back.  Will ask the driver when the last one goes and will either take that one of the one before it.

1 hour ago, karena1 said:

It includes your lounge chairs.  I think if you want an umbrella you have to pay for it.  Buses go back and forth all day so you are not limited to 3 hours.  We are taking the 10:30 bus over and will probably take like a 3:30 or 4 pm bus back.  Will ask the driver when the last one goes and will either take that one of the one before it.

Thank you for that information.  Please let us know what you think when you get back!

14 minutes ago, karena1 said:

Not doing it until Dec 2020 so you will probably do it before me!

Gotcha!!  For some reason I was thinking it was in the next few weeks.  We are there later this year,  so if we decide to go,  will let you know how it was!

• Like 1