Best Family Choice for Alaska

ppfqp

Wth all other factors being equal, which ship would you chose for a family with teens for an Alaska Cruise: Coral or Royal? Is bigger better when it comes to keeping teens happy? I haven’t been on either  ship, so I’d appreciate some insight. 

Edited by ppfqp

31 minutes ago, ppfqp said:

Wth all other factors being equal, which ship would you chose for a family with teens for an Alaska Cruise: Coral or Royal? Is bigger better when it comes to keeping teens happy? I haven’t been on either  ship, so I’d appreciate some insight. 

Coral. Way more outdoor areas and view points to take in the stunning scenery. Covered pool. Larger balconies (if booking a balcony or up cabin). Did I mention the way more outdoor viewing areas? Lol. Much less passengers,  which can impact indoor spaces too. 

We love Royal, but for Alaska - it's all about the scenery,  outdoor experience,  etc - the ship amenities aren't quite as important. Coral has plenty to offer, really good passenger flow, great indoor spaces and excellent outdoor spaces and that covered pool... Makes it top choice for us for Alaska..

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

Coral. Way more outdoor areas and view points to take in the stunning scenery. Covered pool. Larger balconies (if booking a balcony or up cabin). Did I mention the way more outdoor viewing areas? Lol. Much less passengers,  which can impact indoor spaces too. 

We love Royal, but for Alaska - it's all about the scenery,  outdoor experience,  etc - the ship amenities aren't quite as important. Coral has plenty to offer, really good passenger flow, great indoor spaces and excellent outdoor spaces and that covered pool... Makes it top choice for us for Alaska..

I completely agree!

depends on how many hours per day are going to be 'doing Alaska' and how many hours are going to be 'doing shipboard' 

also, study the wifi / internet packages, speed, and cost for the teens to stay connected when not doing Alaska ...