Oasis in dry dock from September 22 – November 23, 2019. Any chance of waterslides?

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

They won't cancel a booking because you have another. 

The Royal agent said they would, but guess we know never to trust them as often they don't know what they're talking about.

3 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

The Royal agent said they would, but guess we know never to trust them as often they don't know what they're talking about.

I have an A1 and an A2 booked on Allure. Long story. I'm holding out to see if I can get them to waive the $200 cancellation fee on the A2. If not, its mine till November. 😇

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Sorry, I thought it was a work in process and they hit a snag. There is a chance the space isnt adequate since Allure doesn't have it

It was announced for Oasis and there were even the "under construction and coming soon" signs during the TA. But then they skipped the plan. They never announced it for Allure (dry dock 2015). But when they refurb the Oasis this fall and add Wonderland I´m pretty sure it will come to Allure next year too.

steamboats

3 minutes ago, steamboats said:

It was announced for Oasis and there were even the "under construction and coming soon" signs during the TA. But then they skipped the plan. They never announced it for Allure (dry dock 2015). But when they refurb the Oasis this fall and add Wonderland I´m pretty sure it will come to Allure next year too.

steamboats

Of course they never announced for Allure, because it didn't work on Oasis. 😉

Obviously something holding them back. 

I'm not saying something will not go there, but ship managers not sold on Wonderland. 

11 hours ago, LuCruise said:

Not true.  I have multiple reservations on an upcoming cruise for members of our family.  Made multiple reservations because we are not sure who can go, so we booked a cabin for 2 and another for 4 with the same people in.  RCCL will not cancel one of those reservations unless I tell them to or I do not pay the balance off.

25 minutes ago, Russ Lomas said:

Not true.  I have multiple reservations on an upcoming cruise for members of our family.  Made multiple reservations because we are not sure who can go, so we booked a cabin for 2 and another for 4 with the same people in.  RCCL will not cancel one of those reservations unless I tell them to or I do not pay the balance off.

Thanks.  So either the agent was lying or didn't know what he was talking about.

Do you silently book the second cruise? Or let them know that you have another room booked?

17 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Thanks.  So either the agent was lying or didn't know what he was talking about.

Do you silently book the second cruise? Or let them know that you have another room booked?

Do it at another time with a different agent.  It will save you issues and questions.

On 1/8/2019 at 3:02 PM, Loud_curly said:

Cruisecritiquer, I'm jumping in here to defend your love of water slides. We just got off of the Harmony, and those water slides did not compare favorably with NCL's or Carnival's water slides. The Harmony's slides were SLOW, and required lots of manual effort to just get down to the bottom. RC still has some work in this area. 

I was on Symphony in December and they have a wet water slide and it was fast.

On 1/12/2019 at 9:22 PM, whitshel said:

I heard the same thing this week on Liberty.  Although people seemed to love the tidal wave.

I really don't get the slides on Liberty. I can fly down them, and I've ridden several times with random kids that also flew down them. But my wife goes so slow, she'll take 2 to 3 times as long as I do. I went down once with a shirt on and I thought I'd never get off the thing, I had to push so much, took like 2 minutes. So I think it has something to do with having something on your back, but I've never noticed this on any other slide.

11 minutes ago, OSUZorba said:

I really don't get the slides on Liberty. I can fly down them, and I've ridden several times with random kids that also flew down them. But my wife goes so slow, she'll take 2 to 3 times as long as I do. I went down once with a shirt on and I thought I'd never get off the thing, I had to push so much, took like 2 minutes. So I think it has something to do with having something on your back, but I've never noticed this on any other slide.

You have to arch your back so only your shoulder blades and butt are touching the slide.

And while the slide operator will tell you hands behind your head, this will cause you to raise your head up a bit and encounter some wind resistance. Best to cross your arms across the chest (i.e. right hand on left shoulder, left hand on right shoulder.) for maximum speed.

18 hours ago, HBE4 said:

You have to arch your back so only your shoulder blades and butt are touching the slide.

And while the slide operator will tell you hands behind your head, this will cause you to raise your head up a bit and encounter some wind resistance. Best to cross your arms across the chest (i.e. right hand on left shoulder, left hand on right shoulder.) for maximum speed.

Yeah, I know. I fly down them normally. But if you have anything on your top you go very slow, much moreso than any other slide I've ever gone down. I also flipped over on my stomach once and basically stopped, never had that happen either.