Oasis in dry dock from September 22 – November 23, 2019. Any chance of waterslides?

On 1/5/2019 at 8:24 AM, cruisecritiquer said:

hahaha

Are you slide-shaming us? We are consummate Norwegians and we have always enjoyed our NCL waterslides. If Royal's doesn't compare, that's a shame. NCL's are great. 

We'll take water slides wherever we can find them. Atlantis. Maya Lost Kingdom. Disney. 

We like our slides.

I respect your opinion.

lol

Cruisecritiquer, I'm jumping in here to defend your love of water slides. We just got off of the Harmony, and those water slides did not compare favorably with NCL's or Carnival's water slides. The Harmony's slides were SLOW, and required lots of manual effort to just get down to the bottom. RC still has some work in this area. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/1/2019 at 6:57 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

I would expect the following

Jamies Italian to replace Giovanni’s 

Playmakers to replace Sabor

some type of waterslide 

Addition of Hooked and Wonderland

Escape room

El loco Fresh to replace wipeout cafe

Extremely doubtful that you will see I fly on Oasis class ships.

Giovanni is sooooooo much better than Jamie Oliver's.  Don't do it!!!!

• Like 1

We spoke to two different ship officers on our recent NYE Oasis cruise, specifically to ask about the Abyss, and they both said it's being added, as well as changing Sabor over to Playmakers. Forgot to ask about the Broadway shows changing, but I'd suspect they will - historically they've been changed after drydocks. Guess we'll all have to wait and see what actually happens.

On 1/8/2019 at 3:02 PM, Loud_curly said:

Cruisecritiquer, I'm jumping in here to defend your love of water slides. We just got off of the Harmony, and those water slides did not compare favorably with NCL's or Carnival's water slides. The Harmony's slides were SLOW, and required lots of manual effort to just get down to the bottom. RC still has some work in this area. 

I heard the same thing this week on Liberty.  Although people seemed to love the tidal wave.

• Like 1

I don´t see Hooked or the Bamboo Room for the Oasis. Where should this be located?

The Solarium on Oasis/Allure is a completely different construction than on Harmony/Symphony. On Symphony Hooked is on an added deck above the Solarium bistro. I don´t see Hooked there on the Oasis. This would be an extreme structural change.

Wonderland can be added in the Diamond Lounge and the Entertainment Place changed into the layout of the Harmony/Symphony.

Which venue should be changed into the Bamboo Room?

steamboats

On 8 January 2019 at 8:02 PM, Loud_curly said:

I completely agree about the Harmony slides. The champagne bowl one is fast but I got stuck in the other two. They were faster on Symphony.

10 hours ago, Canadian Tyler said:

At the top tier event this week on Oasis, the captain said waterslides will be added and they will be different from Harmony. He didnt provide any other info that from what I remember.

Wonder if they'll go with the new types they are adding to Navigator?  Not sure what type of space is required though.  Will be interesting to see what they do.

13 hours ago, Canadian Tyler said:

At the top tier event this week on Oasis, the captain said waterslides will be added and they will be different from Harmony. He didnt provide any other info that from what I remember.

I wonder if it will be more of the Raft-Coaster rides they have on some of the new amped ships.  Like a roller coaster, but with a raft.  Hills and all. 

4 hours ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

They hardly ever change anything in the rooms at drydock - just replace broken furniture or carpets....

RCCL is really lame when it comes to the cabins. With the the Voyager class reaching 20 years they should fully change each cabin with brand new bathrooms

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/1/2019 at 10:38 AM, LuCruise said:

Any idea when they will announce the changes?

Comparing same two weeks for March 2021, Oasis is actually a bit more than Harmony, which is backwards....so makes you wonder what changes are coming.

I was looking at the Harmony vs. Oasis for Ontario March Break week 2021 as well but Oasis was considerably less than the Harmony when I booked last week on the Oasis.  Looks from your signature like you booked the Harmony in March 2021.  If the Royal Amp photos from the Navigator are anything like what they plan to do on the Oasis, I am happy that I booked the Oasis.  Can't wait to see what they do to her in her 8 week drydock this fall.  Hopefully they kill the Cats and bring another show aboard.

On 1/13/2019 at 8:41 AM, Thorben-Hendrik said:

They hardly ever change anything in the rooms at drydock - just replace broken furniture or carpets....

Looks like they did that on the recently refurbished Navigator, so hopefully the Oasis will get the same type of overhaul.

2 minutes ago, Russ Lomas said:

I was looking at the Harmony vs. Oasis for Ontario March Break week 2021 as well but Oasis was considerably less than the Harmony when I booked last week on the Oasis.  Looks from your signature like you booked the Harmony in March 2021.  If the Royal Amp photos from the Navigator are anything like what they plan to do on the Oasis, I am happy that I booked the Oasis.  Can't wait to see what they do to her in her 8 week drydock this fall.  Hopefully they kill the Cats and bring another show aboard.

I booked a Oasis this Christmas specifically becase she will be fresh out of drydock.  Booked Allure for Christmas 2020 for the same reason.  Funny enough for Allure in 2020 the prices were the lowest I’ve paid for a Christmas cruisebon an a Oasis class ship.  

I’m hoping they kill the cats as well.  (Sorry John) 

• Haha 1

On 1/13/2019 at 1:44 AM, steamboats said:

I don´t see Hooked or the Bamboo Room for the Oasis. Where should this be located?

The Solarium on Oasis/Allure is a completely different construction than on Harmony/Symphony. On Symphony Hooked is on an added deck above the Solarium bistro. I don´t see Hooked there on the Oasis. This would be an extreme structural change.

Wonderland can be added in the Diamond Lounge and the Entertainment Place changed into the layout of the Harmony/Symphony.

Which venue should be changed into the Bamboo Room?

steamboats

So what was the issue last drydock with Wonderland in the old CL?

5 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

So what was the issue last drydock with Wonderland in the old CL?

I don´t have a clue why they´ve dropped it in 2014. During the TA the signs were still on "Wonderland soon". But the area was only used as storage for furniture and no construction was going on.

steamboats

I think with a Dec 14 sail date you could be the very first US cruise out of dry dock with the new features..hopefully they are all open by then! ...their track record for completing on time is not very good!

That being said - for the price difference - I would probably risk it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, steamboats said:

I don´t have a clue why they´ve dropped it in 2014. During the TA the signs were still on "Wonderland soon". But the area was only used as storage for furniture and no construction was going on.

steamboats

Sorry, I thought it was a work in process and they hit a snag. There is a chance the space isnt adequate since Allure doesn't have it

On 3/23/2019 at 6:54 PM, Russ Lomas said:

Funny as when I try to price check our room category on Oasis, it's on a continuous loop and won't go further after category selection.  At booking though, Harmony was cheaper than Oasis.  I see now though that the balcony category rooms seem less so guess it has flipped.  And yes, we went with Harmony.  Was thinking of booking both (refundable) as a placeholder until they formally announced the changes to Oasis, but was worried they would cancel our Harmony cruise if we did so.

Navigator looks great, so am curious how they'll change Oasis.  I agree that Cats is also not the best Broadway show, so hopefully they will change it to something better.

4 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Funny as when I try to price check our room category on Oasis, it's on a continuous loop and won't go further after category selection.  At booking though, Harmony was cheaper than Oasis.  I see now though that the balcony category rooms seem less so guess it has flipped.  And yes, we went with Harmony.  Was thinking of booking both (refundable) as a placeholder until they formally announced the changes to Oasis, but was worried they would cancel our Harmony cruise if we did so.

Navigator looks great, so am curious how they'll change Oasis.  I agree that Cats is also not the best Broadway show, so hopefully they will change it to something better.

They won't cancel a booking because you have another. 

• Like 2