An Adventure of a LIfetime - Preview and Semi-Live Trip Report - AOS - Eastern

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 2:49 PM, John&LaLa said:

Quite possibly the most disjointed live review ever.  It is cool, though.

'

:) LOL.  I've lost track of who is actually doing this review. I thought it was Dread Pirate, then I thought it was you, John & LaLa, then I thought it was Ocean Boy.  Biker's here too, and Bob and Robyn, and thanks so much to all of you for the discussion that will help with our upcoming voyage.  I'm not even sailing AOS until August but feel I should toss some of my own spaghetti at this fridge and see if anything sticks!

We've worked our way up from Pre-Gold to Actual Gold for what will be our 2nd RC cruise.  We won't be visiting any exclusive lounges, because our Junior Suites are for wannabee exclusive people, not real exclusive people. We don't know any better than to enjoy the dated evening song-and-dance shows, because we are country folk too far from Chicago, and too cheap, and (mostly) too lazy to drive there and pay three-figure prices for world class entertainment, or to buy a clean shirt to wear to some grand old theatre.   It's safe to assume the food will be superior to the everyday slop we endure at home. 

When I return I'll do a single post, non-disjointed summary type review and then maybe try to follow that up with some pictures.  Since you have all done such a great job covering the ship I will focus more on the northerly ports (Saint John, Halifax, and Bar Habour).  Have a nice day and in the name of all sweetness and light, please stay warm!  -15 here right now!

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

'

🙂 LOL.  I've lost track of who is actually doing this review. I thought it was Dread Pirate, then I thought it was you, John & LaLa, then I thought it was Ocean Boy.  Biker's here too, and Bob and Robyn, and thanks so much to all of you for the discussion that will help with our upcoming voyage.  I'm not even sailing AOS until August but feel I should toss some of my own spaghetti at this fridge and see if anything sticks!

We've worked our way up from Pre-Gold to Actual Gold for what will be our 2nd RC cruise.  We won't be visiting any exclusive lounges, because our Junior Suites are for wannabee exclusive people, not real exclusive people. We don't know any better than to enjoy the dated evening song-and-dance shows, because we are country folk too far from Chicago, and too cheap, and (mostly) too lazy to drive there and pay three-figure prices for world class entertainment, or to buy a clean shirt to wear to some grand old theatre.   It's safe to assume the food will be superior to the everyday slop we endure at home. 

When I return I'll do a single post, non-disjointed summary type review and then maybe try to follow that up with some pictures.  Since you have all done such a great job covering the ship I will focus more on the northerly ports (Saint John, Halifax, and Bar Habour).  Have a nice day and in the name of all sweetness and light, please stay warm!  -15 here right now!

I think half of the commenters are from Florida, so no issues with cold (except the far northern edge, which reached 20F yesterday). I will finish posting my musings soon.

Coming back in the afternoon before working all week has put a damper on my post-cruise plans.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ckrobyn said:

I’ll be sailing Adventure on February 16th, I’m kinda liking the idea of a group LIVE report. This one was really fun with everyone chiming in.

Bob is also on this sailing. What do ya’ll think?

You going to assign tasks, or free for all it? 

2 hours ago, pamkev said:

Do you have to make reservations to see the shows before you sail or can we just show up the day of?  We are sailing in a JS if that makes a difference.

There are no reservations on Adventure for any shows.

Adventure and this sailing are tied with our Freedom sailing December 2017 for the best cruise experience overall. Those two classes of ships with RCCL are amazing and the perfect size to passenger ratio.

Now, just under 4 months until I sail Symphony and see if she changes my mind.

After that, we'll probably do a few one week cruises out of Florida to get us up in cruise points. When I finish my doctorate, in 2023, I want to take a transatlantic.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...