An Adventure of a LIfetime - Preview and Semi-Live Trip Report - AOS - Eastern

11 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Not the best internet on this plane but still better than the ship. At least JetBlue doesn't charge extra for it.

Really, I've never seen free general internet on a plane.  I've seen some offer free texting.

5 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Really, I've never seen free general internet on a plane.  I've seen some offer free texting.

Two things I prefer about JB over Southwest... you can reserve your seat when you make your reservation and free internet.

Disembarkation was fairly smooth, with the rain. 

Two points I would like to make. You can only self-disembark if you can handle your luggage yourselves. Please know that if you are unable to handle your bags, then let the staff take them and get them at the terminal. It is not fair to other passenger's to be held up because you can't handle your 6 bags by yourself.

If you have small children, please keep them with you. I need to check on the rules about unattended children on the ship, but we had some terrible noise problems with a party with at least 4 cabins and 3 children.

The partial shutdown was noticeable when going through CBP at the port. We had mobile passport, but someone decided they weren't allowing it today. The officer asked us if we had any fruit, and that was it.

I'm glad to be home. I will post more pictures and thoughts over the coming days. 

I've enjoyed the group review thread as well. Adventure is a great ship with great staff and excellent food. I feel less impressed with some of the shows we saw, but that's not why I cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dreadpirate3 said:

If you have small children, please keep them with you. I need to check on the rules about unattended children on the ship, but we had some terrible noise problems with a party with at least 4 cabins and 3 children.

The partial shutdown was noticeable when going through CBP at the port. We had mobile passport, but someone decided they weren't allowing it today. The officer asked us if we had any fruit, and that was it.

I feel less impressed with some of the shows we saw, but that's not why I cruise.

Big noise problems on deck 9 forward. I actually called Guest Services once to complain. An officer came up with security. Two kids in the room who looked to be under 10. It helped somewhat but the problem never totally resolved. That is the first time I have ever had a noise issue.

They didn't look at my Mobil passport either. The inspector looked at my passport, did not ask anything and waved me through.

And yes, the entertainment on the ship is somewhat weak to put it nicely.

I've been following this report and Thank you for the multi effort with reporting. I will be on this ship out of NJ and can't seem to find out much about it. This will be my 3rd time on Royal the last two many years ago.

Can you tell me is there any place other than Windjammer to eat the day we embark?

Thanks again for taking us cruising with you.

Pam

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pamkev said:

I've been following this report and Thank you for the multi effort with reporting. I will be on this ship out of NJ and can't seem to find out much about it. This will be my 3rd time on Royal the last two many years ago.

Can you tell me is there any place other than Windjammer to eat the day we embark?

Pam

Cafe Promenade will have snacks.  Johnny Rockets (extra cost) may be open a bit after boarding starts.

2 hours ago, pamkev said:

Pam

Johnny Rockets did not open until 4 on embarkation day for the 8-night.

WJ was nice though. We put our things at a table by the pool, so we didn't clog the WJ and we are glad we did.

Another note of interest.

People with roll on carry on bags, washing your hands, then putting them back on your bag, it does very little good when you are going to dine. Just something to consider.

20 hours ago, dreadpirate3 said:

Johnny Rockets did not open until 4 on embarkation day for the 8-night.

WJ was nice though. We put our things at a table by the pool, so we didn't clog the WJ and we are glad we did.

Another note of interest.

People with roll on carry on bags, washing your hands, then putting them back on your bag, it does very little good when you are going to dine. Just something to consider.

Thanks for the info. I like your take on the carry on bags so true