Bliss Haven/Margaritaville

AtlantaAlly

So I may be working on outdated information, but if I'm correct, is the Haven guests on the bliss have complimentary lunch on embarkation day. Is that still correct?

I also believe that if you go to the Haven restaurant, you can get non-Haven food (at cost) brought from other restaurants. Is that correct?

So if we put 1 and 2 together, can you get a free nachos volcano on embarkation day in the Haven restaurant at lunch time?

Thanks!

One of the reasons for the embarkation lunch at M'ville is to lessen the burden on the Haven restaurant. Asking for someone to go to M'ville for nachos would probably be frowned upon. Everyone (including the butlers) is busy so going that route might not work at least for that afternoon. 

No harm in asking, though.

1 hour ago, AtlantaAlly said:

So I may be working on outdated information, but if I'm correct, is the Haven guests on the bliss have complimentary lunch on embarkation day. Is that still correct?

I also believe that if you go to the Haven restaurant, you can get non-Haven food (at cost) brought from other restaurants. Is that correct?

So if we put 1 and 2 together, can you get a free nachos volcano on embarkation day in the Haven restaurant at lunch time?

Thanks!

Yes you can go to Margaritaville on embarkation day.

If you to to the Havens Restaurant at any time, order from the Haven's menu. If you want food from another restaurant, eat in your room and order through your butler, that is part of their duties. Do not tie up the restaurant staff and slow down service to other patrons by trying to order something from elsewhere on the ship,,,, especially for an order of chips. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

If you to to the Havens Restaurant at any time, order from the Haven's menu. If you want food from another restaurant, eat in your room and order through your butler, that is part of their duties. Do not tie up the restaurant staff and slow down service to other patrons by trying to order something from elsewhere on the ship,,,, especially for an order of chips. 

Plus if you get chips and cheese nachos, you want them fresh and piping hot from the kitchen.  To have them sit, picked up, and delivered to another restaurant or cabin defeats the purpose of hot gooey nachos IMHO.

17 minutes ago, dexddd said:

There was recent report that Bliss wasn't giving Mville as free option on day one.  

I know on the Breakaway, this past December, they didn't offer it up as a free option on embarkation day.  I did ask the Concierge and he told me if I wanted to go, he would make an exception and arrange it for me, but they weren't offering it anymore.  I didn't take him up on the offer, knowing how busy he was on embarkation day and didn't want to add anything else to his duties.

Edited by NLH Arizona

8 minutes ago, NLH Arizona said:

I know on the Breakaway, this past December, they didn't offer it up as a free option on embarkation day.  I did ask the Concierge and he told me if I wanted to go, he would make an exception and arrange it for me, but they weren't offering it anymore.  I didn't take him up on the offer, knowing how busy he was on embarkation day and didn't want to add anything else to his duties.

Oh wow, thanks for the report.  I assume they no longer offer the 50% off first night at The Food Republic as well?

15 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

I was trying to figure out a way to order from 2 different specialty restaurants on one night (I want to eat at Cagneys but my wife is a vegetarian, so I don’t want her to waste an SDP credit there). I was planning on doing in room dining, but it seems that this type of request has been denied before - see post 44 on the “What have you successfully asked for from both concierge and butler” thread

As an alternative I was thinking about attempting this from the Haven restaurant, but it looks like this would be a big hassle for the staff? Are the kitchens that far away from each other? Any other ideas on how to accomplish this? Also, is ordering from the MDR in the Haven also frowned upon?

9 hours ago, dexddd said:

There was recent report that Bliss wasn't giving Mville as free option on day one.  

I was in The Haven on Bliss last October and lunch was still free on embarkation day.

9 hours ago, tomservo said:

I was trying to figure out a way to order from 2 different specialty restaurants on one night (I want to eat at Cagneys but my wife is a vegetarian, so I don’t want her to waste an SDP credit there). I was planning on doing in room dining, but it seems that this type of request has been denied before - see post 44 on the “What have you successfully asked for from both concierge and butler” thread

As an alternative I was thinking about attempting this from the Haven restaurant, but it looks like this would be a big hassle for the staff? Are the kitchens that far away from each other? Any other ideas on how to accomplish this? Also, is ordering from the MDR in the Haven also frowned upon?

You can get a steak in the Haven restaurant. And they will tell you that the prime rib in the Haven is the exact same as served in Cagney’s (and to save your money and eat in the Haven for free). 

13 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

You can get a steak in the Haven restaurant. And they will tell you that the prime rib in the Haven is the exact same as served in Cagney’s (and to save your money and eat in the Haven for free). 

Thanks, that’s good to know in case I don’t make it out to Cagneys. I would like to try some of the apps and desserts at Cagneys as well though. My favorite 2 steaks are ribeye and ny strip, which the Haven doesn’t appear to have (although Cagney’s appears to have been out of the ribeye lately as well). 

• 4 weeks later...

For any Bliss Haven guests who took advantage of the 50% off at Food Republic the first evening- How was this managed?  Do you just show them your cabin card and they only charge 50% of the total bill?

I am assuming that lunch at Margaritaville is handled similarly- just show your card and the fee is waived for lunch on the first day?

4 hours ago, Calif. Cruisers said:

For any Bliss Haven guests who took advantage of the 50% off at Food Republic the first evening- How was this managed?  Do you just show them your cabin card and they only charge 50% of the total bill?

I am assuming that lunch at Margaritaville is handled similarly- just show your card and the fee is waived for lunch on the first day?

Not Bliss but Escape MVille just showed card no charge.

Concierge told of this during intro meeting in lounge.  No mention of FR.

Went to FR, asked greeter, told yes and charged half after giving card.  It was so good we went again at full price for snacks.  Never more than 3 tables.

21 minutes ago, tampadee said:

We just cruised in the Bliss Haven 1/19/2019.  There was no lunch at Margaritaville offered but they did offer 1/2 off at Food Republic

So the Haven restaurant is not open for lunch on embarkation day? Food Republic doesn't interest me. I guess its  MDR then.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2019 at 9:27 PM, tampadee said:

We just cruised in the Bliss Haven 1/19/2019.  There was no lunch at Margaritaville offered but they did offer 1/2 off at Food Republic

We were on the 1/26/2019 sailing on Bliss in the Haven and had lunch at Margaritaville the first day and were not charged.

On 1/4/2019 at 6:28 PM, BirdTravels said:

I have ordered from the MDR dinner menu and eaten in the Haven restaurant. No one told me I had to eat dinner in my room when not eating from the Haven menu.

7 minutes ago, kitty-sail said:

I have ordered from the MDR dinner menu and eaten in the Haven restaurant. No one told me I had to eat dinner in my room when not eating from the Haven menu.

I don't think you have to eat it in your cabin. How would someone be tying up the Haven restaurant staff or other diners, for heavens sake. If anything, it's LESS work for the Haven restaurant since you are ordering it via your butler.