Clothes alterations on board?

Kiwifromkiev

Hello fellow cruisers, a strange question - does anybody know if there is a clothes repair/alterations service onboard Celebtity ships? Due to unforeseen circumstances hubby had to buy a new trousers and he really needs them for the cruise (we are boarding tomorrow) . Thank you in advance

3 hours ago, Kiwifromkiev said:

Hello fellow cruisers, a strange question - does anybody know if there is a clothes repair/alterations service onboard Celebtity ships? Due to unforeseen circumstances hubby had to buy a new trousers and he really needs them for the cruise (we are boarding tomorrow) . Thank you in advance

I suggest you take needle and cotton just in case.....

If you are in a suite your butler may be able to sort something for you, or at least get the trousers pressed if it ends up being a DIY job! I would make it clear to him/her that you understand there will be a charge. If you are in a standard room try speaking to your room attendant but if no joy you could try a conversation with guest relations, again making it clear you are willing to pay.

It would be great if you could report back on your experience....

A few years back I had rented a Tux to use onboard.  The sleeves on the jacket were very long and we were in a Sky Suite.  The Butler took the jacket and returned it with the sleeves adjusted.  He claimed to have done it himself but who knows.  When taking a backstage tour one time they mentioned that one of the crew is used to handle costume repair and alterations when the cast changes.   It wouldn't hurt to ask your stateroom attendant or Guest Relations if it would be possible to get this type of service obviously at a price.   I agree that it might be more accessible to one in a suite.

If you are in a suite you might have some luck, but even try to ask your room steward if not. I know there is no standard service, but I have heard of people having last minute issues with dresses and tuxes and butlers being able to get the issues resolved (I heard of a woman with a strap on her dress breaking and someone ripping the seam on their tux pants). There are people on board who handle this for the crew, not just the officers but think about all the costumes that need to be altered for the entertainment crew. Passengers getting helped though I think is just the luck of the draw.

Wishing you the best of luck!

ha ha..sometimes a common office stapler will hem those pants...seriously, ask on you roll call..it is quite common that people pack various sewing threads, fasteners, needles and hardware to fix that 'surprise' situation.

18 hours ago, Kiwifromkiev said:

We sent a jacket to be cleaned, they returned to to have us sign that there was a rip in the lining and that we would take our chance with it getting worse.

well they not only cleaned it but stitched it.

5 years later it’s still as good as new, they did such a great job on it.

11 hours ago, Blockschip said:

When I saw the title of the post, my first thought was “Wow! Someone is worried about eating so much that they’re thinking they have to get their pants let out partway  through the cruise”. 🙂

I just loosen the belt up a little more and don't fasten the waistband. :classic_biggrin: