Cruise Credit Certificate (offered as compensation for on board nuisance)

JennAngel9

Hi All,

We were extremely pleased to receive a generous future cruise credit certificate upon debarking the Eclipse as an apology for some minor inconveniences we experienced-- but it has a lot of fine print about when it can be used (not holidays) and what it can be combined with.

Has anyone here tried using one? Some of the restrictions are obvious, but I am genuinely confused about what promotions and things can be combined (looks like it can be used BY a travel agent but perhaps not in conjunction with their savings?).  We have a kid and would likely sail 3 or 4 to a stateroom so we'd like to take advantage of a sale like that-- if we can't it would potentially eliminate our savings.  Would love to hear others' experiences and guidance.

Thanks!

We have used a FCC recently.

the ‚money perks‘( means On Board Credit)  from your TA may be slightly lower as the total fare amount is less thus the TA commission.

As far as I know, a 4 for 3 offer will not be affected.

Edited by Yoshikitty

I have one and just read it . Quite open for use/ . Mine says not for Edge class. The reference to the TA rates does not stop you from booking with a TA . Seems to be perhaps travel rates for a TA themselves.. meaning a perk for a TA

We received one a couple of years ago.  We were able to apply it to a cruise we already had booked.  It was NOT in a block of rooms but was booked through a travel agent.  The certificate was suppose to expire 12 months after we received it.  We received it in January 2016.  We already had a cruise past the final payment date for 2016, and our cruise in 2017 was a week past the expiration date.

My travel agent called Celebrity after I scanned in the certificate and emailed it to her.  They were willing to extend deadline to allow it to be applied to that cruise.  

It it was simply a credit toward the amount due.

Thank you everyone, I really appreciate the insight.

Our terms include:

-Applicable to all categories & price programs except: Loyalty Reunion Cruises, Complimentary Cruises (duh..and how do I find this?), Interline, T/A Reduced Rate, Individual & Group Incentive, & Charter Sailings.
-Excludes Galapagos & Edge
-We have 2 years from day of issue

-"Not redeemable for inaugural or holiday sailings" (Does anyone know if there is a clear definition of holiday sailings? Any cruise over Thanksgiving/Christmas/NYE/July4?)

-Non-transferable and not redeemable for cash.

I wasn't sure what "T/A Reduced Rate" "Individual Incentive" means...but I think you are right that it should be fine with at least all Celebrity promotions.  Hooray!

We recently were given a Future Cruise Credit equal to one day of the fare we had booked due to cancellation of many ports due to a hurricane.   The certificate was for a specific $amount.

I initially asked my agent to apply to a cruise I had already booked and found out it could only apply to a cruise that had not been paid in full.   I had her apply to our April TA and was applied without a problem.    To be honest I never read the fine print. 

We received future cruise certificates last fall after a Japan Explorer itinerary was impacted not by one, but by two typhoons.  Since we spend 60 to 90 nights a year on Celebrity ships we had six future cruises booked within the one year expiration date (if my memory is correct we had one year from date of issue to use it).  The remaining terms were the same as the terms cited by JennAngel9.  It was extremely easy to use, and we applied ours to the last leg of an upcoming B2B2B.  The FCC didn't impact any of the existing perks we had on that final leg.

I interpreted the "complimentary cruises" to be the free seven night cruises offered when folks reach initial Zenith level and then each 3,000 point level after, in addition to the "Blue Chip" club freebies.

2 hours ago, Yoshikitty said:

the ‚money perks‘( means On Board Credit)  from your TA may be slightly lower as the total fare amount is less thus the TA commission.

Sorry, see below.

Edited by Schmoe38

2 hours ago, Yoshikitty said:

Any refundable on board credit offered from a TA should not be affected if you use these certificates as payment for a future cruise before final payment. The certificates are considered a payment by you against the full cost as opposed to a discount to the intial price of the cruise.

We have used certificates in the past and it has not affected the refundable OBC from our TA.

Randy

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

We recently were given a Future Cruise Credit equal to one day of the fare we had booked due to cancellation of many ports due to a hurricane.   The certificate was for a specific $amount.

I initially asked my agent to apply to a cruise I had already booked and found out it could only apply to a cruise that had not been paid in full.   I had her apply to our April TA and was applied without a problem.    To be honest I never read the fine print. 

Interesting that you got FCC due to the missed ports in November. All we received was a few $s back in port fees. :classic_sad: We claimed through our insurance for the missed ports and received a payout without any issue after supplying the letter Celebrity was giving out to guests.

We were given, rather generously I thought, a couple of FCC vouchers due to an issue with the manning of a venue during the same cruise when someone from Guest Relations tried to close a venue that was being used by approx 25 guests, as it was going to be used for a crew silent disco! Yep, that happened. 

Anyway, we've applied them to an upcoming cruise with no problem. I was aware of the 2 year expiry, but that was never really going to be an issue.

2 hours ago, UKPete71 said:

Interesting that you got FCC due to the missed ports in November. All we received was a few $s back in port fees. :classic_sad: We claimed through our insurance for the missed ports and received a payout without any issue after supplying the letter Celebrity was giving out to guests.

We were given, rather generously I thought, a couple of FCC vouchers due to an issue with the manning of a venue during the same cruise when someone from Guest Relations tried to close a venue that was being used by approx 25 guests, as it was going to be used for a crew silent disco! Yep, that happened. 

Anyway, we've applied them to an upcoming cruise with no problem. I was aware of the 2 year expiry, but that was never really going to be an issue.

The FCC was not on the TA that we sailed it with you.    That one we did not get any FCC's. 

The FCC was on a Japan cruise we completed just before the TA .   It was actually in October just before the TA.    We had been hit with two typhoons - The first we were evacuated from the ship for a night and received a OBC equal to one days room charge and then the second we had a number of ports cancelled and others were rescheduled.   That is the one we received an additional FCC for.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

The FCC was not on the TA that we sailed it with you.    That one we did not get any FCC's. 

The FCC was on a Japan cruise we completed just before the TA .   It was actually in October just before the TA.    We had been hit with two typhoons - The first we were evacuated from the ship for a night and received a OBC equal to one days room charge and then the second we had a number of ports cancelled and others were rescheduled.   That is the one we received an additional FCC for.  

It was the hurricane mention rather than typhoon that threw me. I can understand why they gave you FCC for being off the ship for a day and the disruption you incurred. I remember your thread about it now.

Edited by UKPete71