Live from the 1/13/19 Regal sailing!

Host CJSKIDS

Thank you for the prayers. Was just able to FaceTime him and he looks good. They are doing an angioplasty tomorrow. It’s something to think I’m on a ship in Mexico and can FaceTime him in a hospital in Hawaii. Technology is a great thing 

• Like 2

Thanks everyone. 

The winds are insane today!  It’s actually chilly in the sanctuary even in the sun!

nothing more depressing than realizing you have to pack and get off the ship tomorrow. But I still have today and dinner tonight in Sabatinis. 

Even with the cutbacks, this has been an wonderful cruise and the service has been exceptional in many areas. 

• Like 1

On 1/15/2019 at 10:23 PM, Host CJSKIDS said:

Tonight was crown grill. Excellent meal though my filet was on the dry side even with medium rare. Service was great, the head guy singing happy anniversary to our friends and happy birthday to me was also great. Wonderful voice. 

It’s formal night and some are dressed up, some not at all and some in shorts. 

FYI, they are not turning people away in shorts. Even some tuxes. 

Crooners is very quiet this trip. Funch is playing. Not quite sure about him. Most of his songs are on the mellow side. Like the bartenders said “he is trying to put us to sleep!”

i see an absolute cut back in events around the ship. Many events seem to be greater towards purchasing something. 

The crew as always are great. The crew in the sanctuary is exceptional this trip. The service at crooners is beyond exceptional!

Glad to hear that they've relaxed their dress code to that of other cruise lines.

It sounds similar to the CB last Nov.

The cruise is over. 😞

Today was another perfect day in the sanctuary!  Enjoyed pub lunch. Loved watching the bar flair show. 

Dinner at sabatini.... eh! Took over 2.5 hours. Comparing the pictures from last year to now... not even close. 

Loved our time with our friends John and Sarah. 

After dinner at crooners with all the great people we meet and Jovie and Rolly taking care of us was so much fun. Especially loved spending time with Tom and Julie. I have to say the nicest people we ever meet are Canadian!  

Kathy and Bernie you were so missed!

It has been a wonderful cruise and there are still many things I love about Princess. And some things I’m not wild about. Food has so declined over the last few years and there  is a difference between even last year and now. Regal is my favorite ship. 

Pizza on top deck is back!  

They officially said that there is no dress code both the first night and last night. 

I saw people in jeans, a tee shirt and suspenders going to dinner. I saw shorts. I saw lots of different things. I saw some really pretty dresses and some nice suits. Saw some great outfits and some well, not so great. 

But everyone was being respectful, most were having fun and it all was great. Personally, I could care less what anyone has on. I’ll take a smile and a friendly person every moment over someone cranky yet dressed up 

I witnessed some people yelling at crew members and some people seriously enjoying crew members. 

Thanks for following along and for all the kind members who asked about my brother. 

Cant someone who is getting on tomorrow just let me tag along😂

I see none of the movies made it over, that' s too bad!  

They called for Response team to deck 4, incinerator at 1:40 am.  Did that a few times and then about 5 minutes later another announcement to stand down.  That wrecked my night's sleep!!

We are home and unpacked. Boo!!  Rainy grey day so I guess the appropriate.

My wheel is broken on my suitcase so I guess I need to find out how to start a claim with Princess.

I'm missing the Regal already!!

Edited by Host CJSKIDS
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

It sure isn’t as nicely played. 

28EE4C7B-F570-4C1A-8B64-CA94E1AD35FE.jpeg

The interesting thing is that many kitchens have "pictures" of how the plate is supposed to look with every thing on it to help kitchen staffers. It has been too long since I have done a kitchen tour to remember if they had this.

On 1/19/2019 at 2:25 PM, Host CJSKIDS said:

Great news. My brother is out of surgery and needed only one stent!  

Thank you everyone for all of your prayers. 

So glad your brother’s surgery was successful. I hope he has a speedy recovery!