No AC on Anthem of the Seas

Just now, Spqr105 said:

Agreed. I hope there's more to this story. I'm seeing the $300 credit on the account but maybe there's a possibility of a discounted future cruise as well? I won't know for sure until we speak to guest services. Unless someone already has? 

No, there isn't more to the story. Spoke with guest services and was told corporate office determined this amount and nothing further was being issued.

19 hours ago, Diamonddanny said:

I know exactly what your sayin....

There is no good place to get a good nights sleep with your family...if it was just me and my wife we could sleep outside or in the diamond lounge. 

But there's drunks and parties and music blasting everywhere.

We cruise again in 30 days on symphony and are now talking about cancelling. Depending on how this is handled.

It was handled very very badly. Guest services said there is nothing they can do and we are to call home office. 

20190117_093047.jpg

27 minutes ago, marriedinstthomas2012 said:

Here is what Anthem cruisers received last night. Was told home office decided this and that that is all they were going to do. 

If they don't make this right, I will NEVER go on RCI OR CELEBRITY again. We are avid cruisers.

20190117_093047.jpg

unreal !!!!!

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Final payment was nearly 3 months ago. Not sure how one disputes a charge that old???

I booked during thanks giving time and Chase has been good on dealing with disputes especially on cards with annual fee.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, marriedinstthomas2012 said:

Here is what Anthem cruisers received last night. Was told home office decided this and that that is all they were going to do. 

If they don't make this right, I will NEVER go on RCI OR CELEBRITY again. We are avid cruisers.

20190117_093047.jpg

unreal !!!!!

Here is our temps over the last 5 days on an interior stateroom . In no order!

$200 for no sleep for a solid 4 nights for all 3 of us. We have had 3 cruises in 4 months!  And have another in 30 days.

Is this how royal treats their loyal customers !!???   I would have been satisfied with a 25% return.   Instead we get another slap in the face with $200.

Because we are in an interior state room instead of a balcony or suite this time.

Room 11 205

20190114_064658.jpg

20190113_214706.jpg

20190116_165242.jpg

20190113_192249.jpg

20190116_120529.jpg

20190116_201454.jpg

20190116_070723.jpg

20190116_070201.jpg

20190115_214417.jpg

20190115_072035.jpg

1 minute ago, tinaledoux said:

To my knowledge is deck 8 and several spotty unknown areas throughout ship such as hallways, public spaces, groups of inside rooms

Deck 11 room 205.  We are finally at 75.

But it won't go any lower. I'm guessing the outside temp is helping a bit!

Just now, Diamonddanny said:

unreal !!!!!

Here is our temps over the last 5 days on an interior stateroom . In no order!

$200 for no sleep for a solid 4 nights for all 3 of us. We have had 3 cruises in 4 months!  And have another in 30 days.

Is this how royal treats their loyal customers !!???   I would have been satisfied with a 25% return.   Instead we get another slap in the face with $200.

Because we are in an interior state room instead of a balcony or suite this time.

Room 11 205

20190114_064658.jpg

20190113_214706.jpg

20190116_165242.jpg

20190113_192249.jpg

20190116_120529.jpg

20190116_201454.jpg

20190116_070723.jpg

20190116_070201.jpg

20190115_214417.jpg

20190115_072035.jpg

Wow! Unbelievable. I'm in shock because there have been several royalists saying that royal would make it right and hinting that we are all over reacting. 

We're on deck 8 and still don't have ac but we're at 72 now so there's really no need. We were just delivered that piece of paper you guys received outlining the reimbursement policy. 

Edited by Spqr105

Since I'll be on the Anthem in May,  I've been following along. 

Personally, I think people in the inside & outside cabins should receive the biggest compensation, as they were most affected.  People in a balcony or suite, at least were able to open the balcony door, get some fresh air and/or sleep on the balcony.

11 minutes ago, cindersdad said:

i will be on deck 13 but a balcony. 

I'm not superetifious at all but I swear this ship is cursed. Between the poor boy that sadly drowned to the cruise where it listed severely, there are nonstop issues in its 4 year history. 

• Haha 1

I think those who have been affected by the AC outage are not being treated fairly.  I am not on the ship.  I have emailed corporate to let them know that, as a stockholder, I am appalled by the small amount of the offer RCL has decided upon.

I suggest that all who have been affected continue to fight the measly offer.  I was on the Explorer of the Seas noro outbreak a few years back. We kept complaining about what RCL offered us.  They eventually came to a much better offer which we did accept.  Also suggest that someone contact the media about the situation.

• Like 3

Sadly, it appears that the norovirus issue on the Oasis might have received such prompt and excellent compensation because of the bad PR.  That compensation resulted in a lot of people (including me) admiring RCI for the way they handled a problem that was not really under their control.  The a/c problem on the Anthem has not received any media attention, and even though the problem should have been under their control, it appears that the situation doesn't present a large enough opportunity to look good to the general public for them to appropriately compensate the people who were affected.  I wonder if that would have been different if the ship were to be met by the media upon return to port to interview the people whose vacations were severely impacted?