No AC on Anthem of the Seas

We are currently on the Anthem on deck 7 forward in a balcony cabin.  When we arrived in our cabin the temperature was set at 68 and the actual temp in our room was 67.  Without moving the thermostat, the temperature has varied between 67 and 71.  That being said our outside temperature has not been above 61.  I have not heard any conversation of anyone that has had issues with warm cabins.

Our head waiter told us the ac was the reason for our overnight in Port Canaveral, hopefully they were able to complete the repair.

Today we are in Coco Cay, but it is so windy out as I write this that I have my doubts the tenders will operate.  We'll see.  The high today is supposed to be 72, with a high tomorrow in Nassau of 76.  If I hear anything different, I'll post again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sunnyv said:

We are currently on the Anthem on deck 7 forward in a balcony cabin.  When we arrived in our cabin the temperature was set at 68 and the actual temp in our room was 67.  Without moving the thermostat, the temperature has varied between 67 and 71.  That being said our outside temperature has not been above 61.  I have not heard any conversation of anyone that has had issues with warm cabins.

Our head waiter told us the ac was the reason for our overnight in Port Canaveral, hopefully they were able to complete the repair.

Today we are in Coco Cay, but it is so windy out as I write this that I have my doubts the tenders will operate.  We'll see.  The high today is supposed to be 72, with a high tomorrow in Nassau of 76.  If I hear anything different, I'll post again.

Thanks. I am curious to see if you get some warmer temperatures outside, how the AC will function. Please keep us updated b 

Coco Cay is cancelled due to high winds. We are headed for Nassau with an expected arrival at noon today.  We will overnight docked in Nassau. Temperature there is currently 71.  I’ll keep you posted on any ac issues I hear about and the temp in our cabin.  

Anyone ever hear back from Royal Carribean? I had an email last week saying they were investigating my complaint but that was it. 

We are getting ready to book our spring Bermuda vacation but if RCL doesn't make this right (which I highly doubt they will), we will be booking the Norweigan Escape instead. 

Edited by Spqr105

5 hours ago, Spqr105 said:

Anyone ever hear back from Royal Carribean? I had an email last week saying they were investigating my complaint but that was it. 

We are getting ready to book our spring Bermuda vacation but if RCL doesn't make this right (which I highly doubt they will), we will be booking the Norweigan Escape instead. 

Several folk have called RCI - they are getting the (pardon the pun) Royal Run a Round - 'This needed to be resolved when you were on the ship" type things. I have my TA looking into it. BUT I did notice one thing that I over looked when I read my letter - this is how 'Minor' Royal thinks of our plight - read the red part - also look else where in different social media for a group called "Anthem of the Seas Air Cond Issues 2019 Group" just search, and you will find it. -- Somethings that need corrected - The whole ship DID NOT get reimbursed 200/300/400, only those affected - but some that were effected didnt get it either.  I have a friend on the 10th deck this cruise - temps still arent what they set them at, however, they havent hit any really warm weather either. If you go to that group I mentioned, ANY STORIES of who you called, what you went through etc will help us all. SHARE what you remember, who you talked with at Guest services - The Capt did say 'It would be fixed in a few hours' (which day was that?) He also said another day 'it would be fixed tonight'.  Rick Cabin 10171 1/6/19 12 day cruise.

rci letter.jpg

1 hour ago, Rarett said:

Several folk have called RCI - they are getting the (pardon the pun) Royal Run a Round - 'This needed to be resolved when you were on the ship" type things. I have my TA looking into it. BUT I did notice one thing that I over looked when I read my letter - this is how 'Minor' Royal thinks of our plight - read the red part - also look else where in different social media for a group called "Anthem of the Seas Air Cond Issues 2019 Group" just search, and you will find it. -- Somethings that need corrected - The whole ship DID NOT get reimbursed 200/300/400, only those affected - but some that were effected didnt get it either.  I have a friend on the 10th deck this cruise - temps still arent what they set them at, however, they havent hit any really warm weather either. If you go to that group I mentioned, ANY STORIES of who you called, what you went through etc will help us all. SHARE what you remember, who you talked with at Guest services - The Capt did say 'It would be fixed in a few hours' (which day was that?) He also said another day 'it would be fixed tonight'.  Rick Cabin 10171 1/6/19 12 day cruise.

rci letter.jpg

I just requested to join that group on facebook.

19 minutes ago, Spqr105 said:

That's why I joined!

21 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

All of your problems will now go away since you are a member of a FB group.🤡:classic_rolleyes::classic_laugh:

jc

Just another source of information to share 🙂 🙂

Well I just received an email from the executive office and they assured me that no additional compensation will be provided beyond the $300. They felt the amount provided was fair. At least we can go ahead and book our next trip on another line now. I'd rather fly to Bermuda than go on another RCL ship. 

Edited by Spqr105
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Spqr105 said:

Well I just received an email from the executive office and they assured me that no additional compensation will be provided beyond the $300. They felt the amount provided was fair. At least we can go ahead and book our next trip on another line now. I'd rather fly to Bermuda than go on another RCL ship. 

would be interesting to see the email

jc

Well, I just sent them my email 'book' with as many dates, times, who's, whens and whats. I think their biggest error, and our biggest point is their letter that mentioned "When you choose to sail with us, we always aim to provide you with a wonderful cruise experience and we are sorry we've fallen short in providing some of you with a COMFORTABLE ENVIRONMENT TO WIND DOWN AND RELAX" - I'm not a lawyer, but there MUST be some type of requirements or assumptions of safety for in these cabins. A 'Passenger Bill of Rights' or 'Services to be Rendered' something along that line? well.. I'll let folk know what I hear, and post the letters if possible. For the others who have heard back via Email, can you post the email.. a screen shot or whatever for all of us to read.

I just heard back from a reporter for the Miami New Times. - she asked for more information and said she would look into this. Going to wait a bit for more emails from her, and I'll ask her,  if she wants more stories, pictures, facts or whatever. If she does, I'll pass out her email address - so she can get others points of views and stories.

1 hour ago, Rarett said:

Well, I just sent them my email 'book' with as many dates, times, who's, whens and whats. I think their biggest error, and our biggest point is their letter that mentioned "When you choose to sail with us, we always aim to provide you with a wonderful cruise experience and we are sorry we've fallen short in providing some of you with a COMFORTABLE ENVIRONMENT TO WIND DOWN AND RELAX" - I'm not a lawyer, but there MUST be some type of requirements or assumptions of safety for in these cabins. A 'Passenger Bill of Rights' or 'Services to be Rendered' something along that line? well.. I'll let folk know what I hear, and post the letters if possible. For the others who have heard back via Email, can you post the email.. a screen shot or whatever for all of us to read.

Short answer?  Nope.  Remember US law does not apply for all things, and the contract of carriage does not guarantee it.   The closest argument would be a civil case for services not delivered, but that would be a high bar.   The ship was never unsafe, they had the capability to deal with any medical or other issues that would arise.   As always, there's right, and then there's legal.

3 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

would be interesting to see the email

jc

Thank you for contacting the Executive Office of Royal Caribbean International. On behalf of our Executive Team, I am pleased to respond to your email.

I am very sorry for any inconvenience caused by technical issues with your stateroom air conditioning. I understand your disappointment and can assure you that your feedback has provided us with the opportunity to initiate and make improvements to avoid these same issues in the future. I recognize your cruise was intended to be a special vacation for you and your family and am terribly sorry to learn how your experience was negatively impacted.

Beginning January 12th, 2019 some guests onboard Anthem of the Seas experienced issues with their stateroom air conditioning not cooling properly. The technical issue affected a portion of the staterooms onboard. Our Chief Engineer and staff worked diligently on correcting the issue as outages were reported.

Whilst onboard, you were offered compensation in the form of onboard credit per stateroom. When we offer compensation, our goal is to provide an opportunity for you to return and have the experience we had hoped to provide. After reviewing your concerns with our Leadership Team, we feel the onboard credit offer is fair and reasonable. With that being said, we must remain consistent with all of our guests and will not be providing any additional compensation.