No AC on Anthem of the Seas

2 hours ago, John Reid said:

"We survived"? What the heck does that have to do with this situation for people who have paid for an upscale vacation? Hot in South Carolina? It was hotter in Vietnam, my friend. I would never use it as a comparison to this situation - and I was on this cruise in an affected cabin. And I thought the ridiculous expression "first world problem" had run its course.

I agree, Vietnam was hotter than SC. Just didn’t feel the need to mention that. Thank you for your service. 

101st 

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

22 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Just saw a post on my rollcall for the January 26th sailing.  Deck 7 balcony has a/c and they had heard of no issues.

Thanks. I thought it was Deck 8 and 11 with most the issues. 

I wonder how things will get as she moves further South to warmer locations??

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

10 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

You happen to know what the outside temperature was?

When I first noticed it was working the outside temp was around 75. The cabin was at 70 with the door closed and the ac on set at 69.8. 

30 minutes ago, gaylemh said:

When I first noticed it was working the outside temp was around 75. The cabin was at 70 with the door closed and the ac on set at 69.8. 

The reason I asked, I always set the room temp to max cool. Generally in the Caribbean, we never get them below 70. When we sailed the Med in late September, it was generally cool outside, especially in the evening. It even snowed on us outside of Barcelona pre cruise. I never even looked at the temp in the room as it was plenty cool. 

10 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

The reason I asked, I always set the room temp to max cool. Generally in the Caribbean, we never get them below 70. When we sailed the Med in late September, it was generally cool outside, especially in the evening. It even snowed on us outside of Barcelona pre cruise. I never even looked at the temp in the room as it was plenty cool. 

When it wasn't working it was set at 69.8, but the room temp was between 78 and 81.

Gaylemh - Since you were on the No AC cruise, and. It appears to be more decks affected than what I read previously, do you know if it was a certain part of the ship - forward. Mid,  aft across many decks or just certain decks from forward to aft?

I am looking  forward to my Anthem cruise this May, but this has me concerned. 

1 minute ago, ecslady said:

Gaylemh - Since you were on the No AC cruise, and. It appears to be more decks affected than what I read previously, do you know if it was a certain part of the ship - forward. Mid,  aft across many decks or just certain decks from forward to aft?

I am looking  forward to my Anthem cruise this May, but this has me concerned. 

You're concerned about a cruise 4 months from now.  The ac will be repaired in full by then, or Royal has very BIG problems.  Anything mechanical can go wrong on the ship. Just like your car. I've sailed 22 times on Anthem and this was the first time there was a problem with the ac.  I don't think you need to worry.

There were people in different areas of the ship that were having problems. 

16 minutes ago, gaylemh said:

You're concerned about a cruise 4 months from now.  The ac will be repaired in full by then, or Royal has very BIG problems.  Anything mechanical can go wrong on the ship. Just like your car. I've sailed 22 times on Anthem and this was the first time there was a problem with the ac.  I don't think you need to worry.

There were people in different areas of the ship that were having problems. 

Sorry, it that came across wrong.  I know it will be fixed 4 months from now. If it isn't , RC has big issues as you say.    I should have said I'm concerned about those boarding now, but I wasn't able to edit it.

Edited by ecslady

On 1/17/2019 at 9:45 AM, marriedinstthomas2012 said:

I had 4 nights 5 days without. Some had longer, some shorter. One couple were that way from day 1.

We were on deck 9.  No ac at all starting Sunday morning.  Starting Thursday night, I woke up hot during night, the cabin temp had gone up to 74 degrees.  The problem started much earlier in the cruise.

Just now, torbs said:

I see she is in Port Canaveral a day early.  Maybe getting the fix now?

I itinerary for the current sailing was changed to add an overnight in Port Canaveral over a month ago.  Maybe, there has been an ongoing issue and they had planned to be able to fix it with this overnight or it is just a total coincidence.  Many are saying that the a/c is being fixed in this overnight, I hope that is the case.  I do not want to deal with no a/c when we sail on the 26th.

1 minute ago, reallyitsmema said:

I itinerary for the current sailing was changed to add an overnight in Port Canaveral over a month ago.  Maybe, there has been an ongoing issue and they had planned to be able to fix it with this overnight or it is just a total coincidence.  Many are saying that the a/c is being fixed in this overnight, I hope that is the case.  I do not want to deal with no a/c when we sail on the 26th.

ah.... was going off our holiday cruise which took 2 days to get down there leaving on a Friday.  Guess they can make it in one at fully speed.