Use mini-bar as a refrigerator

IDL

1 hour ago, harrywpb said:

I’ve never bern refused when I requested it to be emptied. 

Same here.  We always ask to have it emptied on every cruise, and it has always been done.

It would be helpful if they would make this option something passengers can request in advance, like beds together or apart.  That would certainly make things easier for the stateroom attendant.

But I suppose the cruise line likes to stock the minibars in hopes that passengers will use the items there, another revenue source for them.

I agree about leaving the cabinet door open.  That can really make a difference. 

Edited by varoo

I have had no issues first two times, I emptied contents and asked them to take away ... my recent sailing on Equinox I asked same, I had contents take out and asked the room steward to take away and all he did was move it to another spot further back on the counter ???  Thanks for nothing.  He was not the greatest one we've had so wasn't totally surprised, he was nice enough though.  We didn't even get our beach towels until day three along with the nice note about how we should use them LOL, this was after a port and sea day had passed.  First world problems 🙂

So, for me I would prefer they take the contents away but either way I empty it for what I want to put into it.  Even if the celebrity contents has to be put aside somewhere by me.

Edited by poffles

2 minutes ago, poffles said:

I have had no issues first two times, I emptied contents and asked them to take away ... my recent sailing on Equinox I asked same, I had contents take out and asked the room steward to take away and all he did was move it to another spot further back on the counter ???  Thanks for nothing.  He was not the greatest one we've had so wasn't totally surprised, he was nice enough though.

We had the same issue on the Equinox. Our room steward wouldn’t take the items out of the room once we emptied them out of the mini bar! Seemed strange but maybe they’re been told they can’t do this anymore? 

Either way way it took up valuable counter space but we used the fridge to store water and soda for the rest of the ship! They were cold but not super chilled.

2 hours ago, KateWes said:

We had the same issue on the Equinox. Our room steward wouldn’t take the items out of the room once we emptied them out of the mini bar! Seemed strange but maybe they’re been told they can’t do this anymore? 

Either way way it took up valuable counter space but we used the fridge to store water and soda for the rest of the ship! They were cold but not super chilled.

1 hour ago, IDL said:

Thanks we are actually cruising on the Equinox next month so we shall see.  I also want to request an extension cord so hopefully we will have a cooperative steward.

If the room steward won't take them just put them in the basket under the bed that has the life jackets in it. (That's where our stewards usually put them anyways)

We have always asked to have the mini-frig/cooler emptied and have not been refused.  Based on prior comments, it is possible the contents were stored under the bed but I never thought to look.  

We were able to keep our bottles of water and vitamin water cool so we were happy.  

As an aside, if you enjoy the cookies, macaroons and pastries (croissant, muffins and donuts) at Cafe al Bacio, bring a few zip lock baggies along in your luggage.  The baggies will keep the pastries etc fresh through the day. These treats are gratis to all guests (no beverage purchase required) and were a nice afternoon treat.  Cookies are available throughout the day but the donuts, muffins and croissant were only available in the morning.

Edited by cruisin lady ca
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, IDL said:

Will Celebrity allow the mini-bar to be emptied by the cabin steward so it can be used as refrigerator?

We have never had a problem.  If I did, I would take enough stuff out myself and show room steward where it is and then put my beer in fridge.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, chamima said:

If the room steward won't take them just put them in the basket under the bed that has the life jackets in it. (That's where our stewards usually put them anyways)

Oh that is really good to know.  Though i usually have my luggage under there and wouldn't have thought anything else would be under there.  I will be doing this next time this November and just telling them what I did 🙂

Thanks!

3 hours ago, shipshape sam said:

We have never had a problem.  If I did, I would take enough stuff out myself and show room steward where it is and then put my beer in fridge.  

That is what I put in there too ... along with a water or pop if i could fit it in there too LOL  Priorities!