Symphony of the Seas drink questions

kt2e

Hey cruisers,

Looking for info about drinks on Symphony of the Seas.

1.  How is Happy Hour at Wonderland?  Is it hard to get in?

2.  What is Sangria Nights at Vintages?  Sangria on special, if so how much?

3.  Does anyone know what the fee is to do the Martini or Whiskey Seminar, the wine flight tastings, or beer tasting?

4.  How much are the drinks of the day?

Thanks in advance!

4 hours ago, kt2e said:

Hey cruisers,

Looking for info about drinks on Symphony of the Seas.

1.  How is Happy Hour at Wonderland?  Is it hard to get in?

2.  What is Sangria Nights at Vintages?  Sangria on special, if so how much?

3.  Does anyone know what the fee is to do the Martini or Whiskey Seminar, the wine flight tastings, or beer tasting?

4.  How much are the drinks of the day?

Thanks in advance!

Happy hour in Wonderland was never crowded.

Sangria nights is a special price sangria by the glass or jug cannot remember the price.

From memory drink of the day was $8.00

Cannot help with the martini whiskey seminar wine or beer tasting.

• 2 weeks later...

Instead of starting a new thread let me ask here.

We are staying in a Grand Suite so I know we have access to Happy Hour.  My wife and I aren't big drinkers but we do enjoy a casual drink here and there.  We'll have a 12 and 5 year old with us.  We give our older son root-beer as a treat when we go out but we don't buy soda at home.  My youngest doesn't like soda prefers water or milk.

Are any of the drink packages worth it for us?  I'm leaning towards no since we will have access to the Happy Hour lounge and I assume I would be able to get soda as part of this happy hour if my (well behaved) kids accompany us.

So what do they offer ship wide that is free?  Unsweetened Ice tea?  If so I assume there is lemon and sugar available to add?

Is there a spot I can see all the options available?

12 minutes ago, PopeyeDaSailor said:

Is there a spot I can see all the options available?

On your Cruise Planner it can give you options or directly through the website.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/beverage-drink-package-products

If you are a causal drinker then most likely best to pay for your drinks during the day outside of your Happy Hour.

I'm traveling in July with family and two teens (15 and 12), we will get them the POP package ($9.99) worth it for them.  I do not have access to the Happy hour, so I find the Beverage package a good deal, not that I am a heavy drinker but will enjoy my drinks throughout the day. :)

Cheers !!

Thanks that is helpful.  But I can't seem to find a spot for "free" stuff to drink.  I remember reading in Nick's review last week about refreshment centers and them having ice tea (unsweetened) and flavored water.  To me that would be just fine since I'm not a big sugary drink person.  I read somewhere else that the Happy hour is from 11am to 11pm in the CL so if that is the case I'll be spending a lot of time in there!

I don't need (or even like) Starbucks but I'm curious if they off "ship" level coffee/tea all day?  I haven't cruised since 2003 but I remember them having just regular coffee/tea all day.

Edited by PopeyeDaSailor

On 1/21/2019 at 3:25 AM, little britain said:

Happy Hour at Wonderland never crowded! 

I don’t think people realised it was offered, even though it was in the compass.

2 drinks for $15.

And you get to meet The Mad Hatter. 

Can you bring kids (non alcoholic drink for them)?

3 minutes ago, PopeyeDaSailor said:

Thanks that is helpful.  But I can't seem to find a spot for "free" stuff to drink.

Sorry, forgot about that, I had this list sent once to me

What Royal Caribbean includes
  • tap water.
  • milk.
  • tea.
  • coffee (regular and decaf)
  • lemonade.
  • iced tea.
  • flavored waters.
  • juices (at breakfast and not fresh squeezed)

6 hours ago, PopeyeDaSailor said:

Thanks Port72!  That's more than enough for me and the family.  My 5 year old daughter will drink water/milk all day and son will drink Lemonade.  We're good.  I'm not spending $70 bucks for soda all week!  Too much sugar.

If they need to sugar up they can get free soft serve ice cream all day by the pool.  happy cruising

22 minutes ago, cb at sea said:

All of the alcoholic drinks cost about double what they'd cost on land.

As usual your comment is not true.  Alcoholic drinks are very similar in price to what you pay in most hotels, restaurants, etc., especially in major cities.  Basic mixed drinks $8-10; beer is $6 and up; frozen drinks around $12; wine starts around $8.  

39 minutes ago, Grandma Dazzles said:

As usual your comment is not true.  Alcoholic drinks are very similar in price to what you pay in most hotels, restaurants, etc., especially in major cities.  Basic mixed drinks $8-10; beer is $6 and up; frozen drinks around $12; wine starts around $8.  

1 hour ago, cb at sea said:

In no way they are not double what you would pay on land.

They are the normal prices you'd expect to pay at any decent restaurant, hotel, or resort.  

5 minutes ago, OCruisers said:

In no way they are not double what you would pay on land.

They are the normal prices you'd expect to pay at any decent restaurant, hotel, or resort.  

I agree. Unfortunately, cb at sea gives a lot of incorrect information on many subjects.  

I try to be helpful, and although drinks are not cheap, they are certainly not double and I hate to mislead people.  

1 minute ago, Grandma Dazzles said:

I agree. Unfortunately, cb at sea gives a lot of incorrect information on many subjects.  

I try to be helpful, and although drinks are not cheap, they are certainly not double and I hate to mislead people.  

You are so right!  Like you, I just hate when people are mislead with info that is so totally wrong.:classic_sad: 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Disalvod said:

Going with wife and three kids in June... any idea on the adult drink package price? We have two rooms to accommodate our party of 5.

Prices vary sailing to sailing.  Check your Cruise Planner for the prices on your sailing.

19 minutes ago, ilovetotravel1977 said:

So the Happy Hour at Wonderland isn't open to all passengers? Just suites, etc?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I assume the "all day happy hour" would be in the dedicated suite lounge, and the shorter happy hour in Wonderland is open to anyone.

5 hours ago, ilovetotravel1977 said:

So the Happy Hour at Wonderland isn't open to all passengers? Just suites, etc?

Open to everyone. I think a poster above went off on a tangent about the suite lounge happy hour and may of gotten you confused. 

P.S. Hooked seafood has a happy hour too with great drink and snack deals!

We were just on Symphony a couple of weeks ago.  Happy Hour in the Wonderland and Hooked bars is from 5-7 pm.  The are open to anyone.  They were never crowded!  Hooked has specials like 6 oysters and a glass of wine for $10.  I highly recommend trying both bars!

• Like 2

On January 29, 2019 at 8:03 PM, cb at sea said:

Once again, not true.  Maybe they cost twice as much as where you live on land, but that is not the case in all areas of the country (as others above have said).  Think outside your own little box, CB!!