Help - Fun Shop preordered items waiting in stateroom?

llarsen

Hello,

We are taking our 2 grandsons 7 and 8 (and their parents) on their first cruise in April.

We have 2 staterooms, 1 grandchild in each room.

I would like to order online from the Fun Shop Bon Voyage cakes and some cute gifts for the boys as a surprise when we first arrive to our cabins.

Can anyone tell me if these will be displayed and waiting in the cabin upon check in the first day? 

It wouldn't be the same if they delivered them later. 

Also, is the Green Eggs and Ham offered everyday?

Thank you!

I have had it both ways, most often already in the cabin, occasionally delivered later.

I believe the Green Eggs and Ham is offered only one day.  There will be a couple of places set up where you can reserve it.  Check with Guest Services upon embarkation for the locations.

When you order "stuff" from the Fun Shops it will give you the opportunity to chose the day you want it delivered.  We always order water, and it is waiting for us when we arrive.  We have also ordered Bon Voyage and Birthday decorations, and the cabin has been decorated when we enter for the first time on embark day.  Same with a birthday cake we ordered.

On my last three cruises I've ordered a variety of items - decorations, cookies, Carnival gear/toys for my kids - it's always been in the cabins when we arrive.  The decorations have been set up, and the other items left on the beds or counter tops.  

Like others have said when you create your order you should be able to choose which day you want the item(s) delivered.  I've already selected the first day of the trip.  There's also a section in the online order form to create a message that you can semi-customize, the message will be printed and left in the cabin for the kids to read.

I've also always had Faster to the Fun or a Suite too - I don't know if that makes a difference when it's delivered or just a coincidence that my purchases were always waiting for us.

Green Eggs and Ham breakfast is only one morning of the cruise, there will be a sign up table in an obvious location on board the first day to get on the list.  There is also a small up-charge for that event.

I hope everyone enjoys their first cruise!

56 minutes ago, llarsen said:

Hello,

We are taking our 2 grandsons 7 and 8 (and their parents) on their first cruise in April.

We have 2 staterooms, 1 grandchild in each room.

I would like to order online from the Fun Shop Bon Voyage cakes and some cute gifts for the boys as a surprise when we first arrive to our cabins.

Can anyone tell me if these will be displayed and waiting in the cabin upon check in the first day? 

It wouldn't be the same if they delivered them later. 

Also, is the Green Eggs and Ham offered everyday?

Thank you!

Just make a note to order early enough for the charge to be on a CC statement you get "prior" to sailing.   Take the statement with you on the cruise.

We had an issue on our last cruise with the BV order.  CCL claimed it never went through, even though we rec'd a confirmation # from CCL BV dept and had a copy of the order with us.   CCL reps actually told us, confirmation #'s are meaningless???    Thus,  my suggestion to order early and take a copy of your CC statement with you.

Now, if it is an order to delivered on the first day, most of the time, ours have been waiting in the cabin on arrival.  1 or 2 times it came later though.   And once, CCL claimed it never went through??         

I would have an alternate plan, just in case!              

Beverages and stateroom decor will be there upon arrival.  Food items vary. I always order my kids a box of chocolate chunk cookies (they are the same ones served in the coffee bar but less expensive when you Preorder), the cookies have shown up at various times on Day one. More often than not, they are there when we arrive. 

I have ordered a birthday cake to be delivered to the MDR during dinner, without any problems.

the one item I won’t order again is the chocolate covered strawberries. They leave them out on the desk in the room. They really need to be kept chilled. 

The Dr Seuss breakfast is usually the last Sea day. You can make a reservation as soon as you board the ship. Info will be in the fun times.

For me, sometimes it's there at 1:30, other times it comes later.  Wether or not its there when I first get to my stateroom, it's still cool to see sitting there when the door is opened, even later in the day.

I've ordered something every time I've cruised. All but one the ordered items were waiting when I boarded. The one time it wasn't was a birthday cake and it arrived shortly after sail away. I never noticed if it's possible, but maybe send a message when you order stating that it's an important occasion and you'd really like the items waiting. Maybe even place the order over the phone so you can tell this to whoever takes the order. 

Thank you everyone for the replies!

I will do both...make a request when ordering and call prior to our cruise.

I will also bring some items from home (candies, stuffed animal shark to go with the Carnival water bottle etc.) 

Good idea jwjax.

One time we had OBC from a travel agent that we would not have received if I hadn't brought the original travel agents copy of our Cruise Confirmation with me. They (another cruise line) had no record of it!

Thanks again!!

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 9:46 AM, llarsen said:

One time we had OBC from a travel agent that we would not have received if I hadn't brought the original travel agents copy of our Cruise Confirmation with me. They (another cruise line) had no record of it!

Thanks again!!

This happened to my cabin mate last cruise.  Never hurts to bring receipts

I went on a cruise with an older friend who'd never cruised before and my husband wanted to surprise us, so he arranged for the room to be decorated with Bon Voyage decorations, and had a gift there for each of us (fruit basket, bottle of wine, Carnival towel)... everything was set up when we got to our cabin and I'll never forget my friend's face when she opened the door and saw everything there waiting for us! It really made the start of our cruise special!

My hubby's such a keeper!