Just Off Divina - Drinks On Us

cellfree

14 hours ago, cellfree said:

Just off the Divina, had a great cruise, no complaints, had "Drinks On Us" for the first time and loved it, would choose that option again if available, you do pay 15% which is minimal.

Drinks on Us is no longer an option.  It is now the Easy Package some good some bad changes.  The bad is only Heineken draft or Miller Lite for beer choices.  The good, coffee drinks now included and you do not have to pay the 15% gratuity. 

We have the Classic package for 3 of our b2b2b2b cruises in November but we just added another one and for that cruise we are going to keep the Easy package to see how we like it. 

Still you can't beat MSC's prices.  We love the drink packages they have.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

18 minutes ago, asctony said:

When did DOU change to Easy? Others posting they are upgrading from DOU to Easy.

Easy can't be used in Specialty restaurants.

They discontinued DOU last November but if you had it then they are honoring it.  I might be wrong but I don't think you can upgrade from DOU to Easy.  You can cancel the booking you have and rebook with the new Easy promo, at least that is what was explained to me.

I'm a little confused and have read many conflicting reports. Maybe a recent cruiser on Seaside can help. 

I'm booked on Seaside 02/16. When I booked (September I think), DOU was included. Now should I expect Easy or DOU? Also, will I be paying the 15%? One last thing... Is there any bourbon on the list with either DOU or Easy? 

Thanks, PC

I am on the Divina now and was given the inclusive drink package but the gratuity is extra. We were also given a book of 12 drink coupons where gratuities are included. I have no idea how that happened, but the only explanation is that we are first time black status match. 

26 minutes ago, Markanddonna said:

I am on the Divina now and was given the inclusive drink package but the gratuity is extra. We were also given a book of 12 drink coupons where gratuities are included. I have no idea how that happened, but the only explanation is that we are first time black status match. 

The next time you order a drink, ask the server what package or number you have. That will help to identify the package and whether it is DOU or Easy. If it is Easy, you should not be paying a gratuity.

22 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

You have the 'Drinks on Us' package, so, which is why you're paying the 15% gratuity:

15% = $0.80 to $1.50 per drink with alcohol in it. You can't even buy a cup of coffee at McD at this price. Great deal.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PitCritter said:

I'm a little confused and have read many conflicting reports. Maybe a recent cruiser on Seaside can help. 

I'm booked on Seaside 02/16. When I booked (September I think), DOU was included. Now should I expect Easy or DOU? Also, will I be paying the 15%? One last thing... Is there any bourbon on the list with either DOU or Easy? 

Thanks, PC

So far, MSC has been honouring the package that came with the bookings so it's likely that you'll get DOU as Markanddonna have indicated is what they've got.  You'll know if #490 is on your cruisecard (#689 being the code for the Easy package) and can expect to pay 15% service charge on every order.

I did have a chart with what was included in DOU - if I find it, I'll post it.

Thanks for the research Beamafar. There is still some conflicting info though. In your post above re: package codes, it shows that Jim Beam is part of DOU, but in the comparison table, no bourbon is included. One way or another I'm looking forward to the trip. If I really need a bourbon, my daughter and son-in-law have upgraded to the premium package. I'll prevail on them to buy a round. 

• Like 1

I reckon the one with the package codes is the one being used on the ships as it refers to the new packages.  The comparison guide pre-dates the change in the packages, so is not as up-to-date ... well, that's my take on it, anyway.

8 hours ago, Markanddonna said:

Did you get 12 vouchers each, or was it 12 per cabin. Also, were the vouchers delivered to your cabin or did you have to go get them? 

Thanks!

We were just off the Divina last week. We booked the fantastica with the easy package.

We received the 12 vouchers as posted above although it clearly stated when booking that the easy package replaced the vouchers and we would not receive them.

It was 12 vouchers each and they were on our bed with the "welcome package".  We planned on using them for coladas, daiquiris, margs, etc., but they turned out to be included with the easy package (which we did not expect), so we ended up giving them to some nice people we met that didn't have a package.

We were able to get Jim Beam, but that was the only bourbon available.  By the looks of the cards on the bar it did not appear that Jim Beam would have been included with Drinks on us, though many bartenders always seemed confused as to what we could have.

• Thanks 1

Ken ... I had the same reservations before sailing - the crew were on top of it and I had no problems with Deluxe.  It's very straightforward - you get everything on the menus except Connoisseurs' Selection items and, of course, the mini-bar, which our steward was aware of.  We just checked with him when we embarked.

The fact that the Deluxe code is on your cruisecard ensures that you get what you're entitled to.  The only time we had a (slight) issue was when we went to the Speciality Restaurant;  I ordered Oberon red wine which I'd been having all week;  it's $14 a glass.  The waiter went off, then came back and said it wasn't included in our package.  I told him I'd had no problems before.  A couple of minutes later the hostess came over and apologised for her mistake.  She said there were 9 packages in existence and it was causing some confusion.  TBH, I was delighted that MSC had increased the price limit for Deluxe when they increased the drinks prices.  IIRC, the price limit for wine was $12 a glass before all the changes.

The link in post #13 indicates the info the crew have on what's included in Deluxe.  The only omission I see in that is the food items from the room service menu.  Now that it's been expanded to include hot dishes, it's only the items that don't have the service charge price on the room service menu page that are included, such as sandwiches, etc.

Edited by Beamafar

21 hours ago, Markanddonna said:

We have the unlimited package number 490,?

You have the Drink On Us package and I have the same.

May I ask a favor...    Can you a someone if frozen drinks (pina colada, miami vice, etc) is included in your package ?   also I imagines that both of you have Drink On Us, can you check if only one you can upgrade to Premium and how much ?

Thank you in advance