Inside GTY- SetSail Pass Indicates Deck, Not Room #

Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie to this forum and cruising. I'm going on my first one next month. 

We're travelling on Symphony of the Seas next month and my travel buddy booked and Inside GTY room. Our SetSail passes now indicate Deck 11 and our muster location, but under stateroom it still indicates GTY. We're 46 days away from sailing. 

Is it typical for the deck to be assigned but not the room number? 

Also, what is the best way to get get from the ship to the Miami airport? Our flight leaves at 12:25pm on the day the ship returns to Miami.

Thanks! 

5 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

You may not know your stateroom number until you arrive at the cruise terminal.

Use a taxi, Uber, or Lyft to get to the airport.  Taxi flat fee is around $27.

Bob, this has shown up a couple times.  

Do you think that it’s possible that Riyal has already assigned the room but is not showing it until later to prevent people from switching cabins?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Bob, this has shown up a couple times.  

Do you think that it’s possible that Riyal has already assigned the room but is not showing it until later to prevent people from switching cabins?

Never thought of that Ken, but you might be on to something.  Would not surprise me in the least.

18 minutes ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

I strongly suspect the deck is just a placeholder......RCI oes not care if you want to switch....why would they?🤔

More work for them and the move might be to a more desireable stateroom.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

Ohhh please - since when is RCI that intelligent...no WAY!

Most passengers do not even know they can change...just some nerds here - heck even their agents do not know!:classic_rolleyes:

So why don’t they let residents of other countries change guarantee rooms once assigned?

2 hours ago, bronzeambition said:

Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie to this forum and cruising. I'm going on my first one next month. 

We're travelling on Symphony of the Seas next month and my travel buddy booked and Inside GTY room. Our SetSail passes now indicate Deck 11 and our muster location, but under stateroom it still indicates GTY. We're 46 days away from sailing. 

Is it typical for the deck to be assigned but not the room number? 

Also, what is the best way to get get from the ship to the Miami airport? Our flight leaves at 12:25pm on the day the ship returns to Miami.

Thanks! 

Surely if you’ve been assigned a deck then you must have a cabin. Have a look at RCI site and log on to your online booking to see if your cabin number is there. 

I booked a gty inside cabin on  IOS for 1st June 19, and received my cabin number a few months later. 

2 hours ago, Issyalex said:

Surely if you’ve been assigned a deck then you must have a cabin. Have a look at RCI site and log on to your online booking to see if your cabin number is there. 

I booked a gty inside cabin on  IOS for 1st June 19, and received my cabin number a few months later. 

No, I have the app and I have also logged in to the RCI site on my desktop.  It doesn't indicate my stateroom number anywhere on there or on my edocs/luggage tags.  The cruise was booked in December, we depart March 23 and just received our edocs. The deck number on the SetSet pass just appeared in the last couple of weeks. 

2 hours ago, Raysfun said:

I booked gty on Symphony last December and received my room number about a week or two before the cruise. I have a gty on Oasis for April and probably won't get my room for a while.

Possible. I've got multiple Guarantees and was assigned same day, months later and even once not until at Pier. Just keep checking

I am on Mariner in March with a balcony guarantee and I too have a deck (6) but no cabin number assigned. I’m less than a month away from my cruise with no cabin assigned yet.  There appear to be lots of open balcony cabins available on this sailing. Someone posted that they received a Royal Up offer to move from a JS to a GS for this sailing so I think they are working their way down from suites to balconies to ocean views and want to see who upgrades before assigning our cabin. It will be interesting to see if we actually end up on deck 6. 

We are on Radiance for May 5, 2019 and have a Balcony Guarantee and was told that they will start to assign cabins after the final payment which is today.  Yeah, right.    All I know is that I believe balconies start on Deck 7 so, I am happy with the low price I got to have balcony to begin with.!!!!  The price has fallen from sky high to the doldrums!!  Should I be worried!

5 hours ago, Issyalex said:

No, this is not true.  My experience is the same as below.  I check Cruise Planner and the app daily, and we do not have an assigned stateroom yet, but there is a deck listed on the Set Sail Pass.  

2 hours ago, bronzeambition said:

No, I have the app and I have also logged in to the RCI site on my desktop.  It doesn't indicate my stateroom number anywhere on there or on my edocs/luggage tags.  The cruise was booked in December, we depart March 23 and just received our edocs. The deck number on the SetSet pass just appeared in the last couple of weeks. 

19 hours ago, bronzeambition said:

Maybe you’ll get a surprise and they’ve allocated you a suite! 😂