How do you pass the time until your next Carnival Cruise?

emoorehead

uggg, time is going soooo slowly.  i've been reading everything and watching videos.  even my son has started watching videos of the triumph kids club (he's 4, so he's getting excited for the Sunrise ship. ).   our cruise is just over 5 months away, and i realize that i'll be wishing the summer away (something i really don't want to do) waiting for it to get here, but i've been being so patient that it is KILLING me.  i booked this trip last January..yes, January 2018, so it's been the longest i've ever waited for a cruise to roll around.  

just kinda venting here because none of my friends are really fans of cruising and it doesn't consume them like it does me 😞 and i feel like i need to talk about it.  ok, off to more reading and more time killing.....

• Like 1

On 2/6/2019 at 10:28 AM, emoorehead said:

So you have booked your cruise and now you are counting down the days until embarkment. What do you do to fill the time between booking and sailing? How do you keep yourself occupied so you don't go cruise crazy waiting to get onboard?

I live my life

I sandwiched in a week in London. Beautiful city. Cruising solo is expensive paying DO, and I hooked an off-season 4-star in London (air included) for about what a one week cruise out of my home port would have cost (much less if I have to fly to the east coast). I often sandwich in a 4-dayer on one of the two Fantasy Class ships working the west coast doing the traditional "drink-til-yah-puke" runs. Remarkable what great shape these ships are in being over 20 years old.:classic_rolleyes:

Edited by glrounds

Only my 2nd cruise ever come September.  So I guess I don’t know that much of what I’ve been missing.  I am consumed about learning more about the ports since I may never take the same cruise again & don’t want to miss the best (can’t do everything in 8 hours).  

Not a fan of some of the attitudes/bickering  you see here on Cruise Critic.  So I visit other sites & YouTube.

Oh, and 197 days left for me!

Edited by soonernstlouis

The same here, CC, Youtube and finding new ways to save /make money to pay for the cruise. 😎

Also planning for company, and planning other vacations.  We really booked this one way out, 231 days left.  

Edited by Butterbean1000

8 hours ago, pyropoodle said:

uggg, time is going soooo slowly.  i've been reading everything and watching videos.  even my son has started watching videos of the triumph kids club (he's 4, so he's getting excited for the Sunrise ship. ).   our cruise is just over 5 months away, and i realize that i'll be wishing the summer away (something i really don't want to do) waiting for it to get here, but i've been being so patient that it is KILLING me.  i booked this trip last January..yes, January 2018, so it's been the longest i've ever waited for a cruise to roll around.  

just kinda venting here because none of my friends are really fans of cruising and it doesn't consume them like it does me 😞 and i feel like i need to talk about it.  ok, off to more reading and more time killing.....

I totally understand!!!

We booked in October 2017.....568 days prior to sailing. We are 48 days away now. I have been trying not to go crazy ever since we booked. So I had major surgery, my car got stolen so I had to deal with that, finished up my divorce, and now I am takimg care of my 2 month old niece. Plus working. 

Around the 200 day mark I started watching videos and coming on here and basically eating, sleeping, and breathing cruise. I'm certain that the girl who sits next to me at work is very glad she only works 2 days a week. But there is another girl in my office who is going on a cruise in June, so we talk about it sometimes.

Anyway, I am always up to chat about cruising if you want!

1 hour ago, emoorehead said:

ISo I had major surgery, my car got stolen so I had to deal with that, finished up my divorce, and now I am takimg care of my 2 month old niece. Plus working. 

This is NOT a good use of your waiting time!!!  :classic_ohmy: wow, you've had to deal with a lot and you surely deserve a great vacation. 

25 minutes ago, pyropoodle said:

This is NOT a good use of your waiting time!!!  :classic_ohmy: wow, you've had to deal with a lot and you surely deserve a great vacation. 

Lol.....I didn't say it was by choice.....just kinda worked out that way. My car actually got stolen 4 days after I got out of the hospital. Luckily, it was recovered and not damaged.

But yes, I am very much looking forward to this cruise! We are going to celebrate my parents' 25th wedding anniversary. So it will be my parents, my 17 y/o son, and myself. My aunt and uncle might also be coming. They were booked with us, but cancelled before the final payment was due because my aunt is ill. They are hoping to be able to rebook last minute if her health permits.

And we have the issue of who will be looking after my niece while we go. But I am trying to be optimistic. We are close to having arrangements made for her, but I am going to miss her while we are gone.

• Like 1

Work .my life doesn't revolve around cruising.im about cruised out I have two more booked and I'm through.we will go to Europe at some point but I have a house in Italy so we won't cruise.we will land tour.

Watch youtube videos on the ship,  on the room type, on ports.   I usually want to buy something for the trip but I don't need anything but clothes, and I hate shopping for clothes so I don't do that.  Make door decorations for the doors (just did that last time it was fun)  Send who ever is going with me info and maybe something fun I have made to spread the excitement.  I always make luggage tags for who is going with the pics of our last cruise on them and the info of where we are going and date on the back as a keep sake so that is what I am doing now.  300 days out.

2 hours ago, sprint180 said:

I always make luggage tags for who is going with the pics of our last cruise on them and the info of where we are going and date on the back as a keep sake so that is what I am doing now.  300 days out.

awww, that's a neat idea

2 hours ago, sprint180 said:

I always make luggage tags for who is going with the pics of our last cruise on them and the info of where we are going and date on the back as a keep sake so that is what I am doing now.  300 days out.

I love this idea!! 

I am making door decorations now. Nice way to kill the time.

We travel to Virginia about every 3 months to see the children and grandchildren.  Also, look for last minute, fill the ship cruises.  Just back from a NCL 7 day cruise out of New Orleans. They had a great fill the ship price.  We were in Cozumel for their Mardi Gras, they call it Carnival.  It was very nice to see the different festivities and performances.  We brought beads from some local parades to pass out to ship crew and in Cozumel.  Had a great time.  Also, ported in Costa Maya, another nice port.