Ovation North Star question

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, quiltsnh said:

Right from a conversation today with RCCL.  

I will bet money that you were told that only because the rep didn’t see it available for booking and just made up an answer.  That happens far to often.  They know you don’t know, wgicj is why you are calling do they can tell you anything.  Seen it far too many times from reps at Royal.

I’ve gone to my BDM at Royal with questions and instead of spending a few minutes and going to the proper department for an answer they have just made something up thinking  that I would believe it.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

5 minutes ago, quiltsnh said:

May be in marketing but no go came directly from RCCL.  Tried to book in the activities section didn't work so I called.  My client is very disappointed.

I would bet it is just bad information.  North Star, at least for Anthem, isn't usually available to book too far out and then, it is only open for booking for a very short time.  I wouldn't give up hope yet.

On 7 February 2019 at 9:43 AM, Annicruise2014 said:

Can you ride the North Star more than once per cruise? Do you need a reservation?  Are they open day and night? Which do you prefer, day or night as far as the scenery?  Are they open during port days or just sea days. 

Thanks for your response 

You can only reserve it once but to ride other than your reservation time you just stand in line.

once is enough,it's pretty overrated.

1 hour ago, quiltsnh said:

May be in marketing but no go came directly from RCCL.  Tried to book in the activities section didn't work so I called.  My client is very disappointed.

For what it is worth my April sailing on Ovation just had Northstar open up for bookings a week ago. IFly was also about a week ago, so maybe it just isn't available yet. The only activities that opened early were the wine tasting, cupcake and sushi classes and the bottomless brunch tour. 

The shows, etc... are still not able to book at 49 days out.

1 hour ago, paradise4me said:

we were only allowed to book once about 2 months before sail date but waited in line once as well. Its an awesome experience with unbelievable views of New Zealand sounds. I would hang out in there all day long!

Ditto.

One recommendation is to book Northstar while in port...as once at sea...windy conditions can sometimes result in cancellations...