Crown & Anchor Society Question

1 hour ago, sowhat said:

Pay attention to your cruise points

After returning from a 2 week cruise 10 weeks ago, we noticed our total cruise points have not increased. 
Emailed C&A  and was informed that the total was right.
E-mailed  numerous times with  screen shots of total cruise points on RCI web with point before and after two week cruise. Received phone back  that  their total was correct .
More emails to C&A but no replies, so pay attention to your point totals

Do they have all of your past cruises listed correctly?

8 minutes ago, Canadian Disney Mom said:

I just checked my son's account.  He is 17 and shows he is Diamond with 117 pts (our # of pts).  When I click on his cruise history it shows his actual sailings which are only 51 pts.  I am wondering if his total pts will change to his actual sailed # when he turns 18 next March.  I hope not!!  I was disappointed I would not be able to get to D+ for him this year, but we will be able to easily do it on his own in the next few years if he stays at our # of pts when he turns 18.   Especially because we have another 20 pts or so to come before he even turns 18.

His total points will revert to those he actually earned  by cruising.  However, his level will be whatever your level is when he turns 18.

Just now, Host Clarea said:

His total points will revert to those he actually earned  by cruising.  However, his level will be whatever your level is when he turns 18.

I figured, but was hoping for a glitch 🙂. Thanks!!

29 minutes ago, Canadian Disney Mom said:

I just checked my son's account.  He is 17 and shows he is Diamond with 117 pts (our # of pts).  When I click on his cruise history it shows his actual sailings which are only 51 pts.  I am wondering if his total pts will change to his actual sailed # when he turns 18 next March.  I hope not!!  I was disappointed I would not be able to get to D+ for him this year, but we will be able to easily do it on his own in the next few years if he stays at our # of pts when he turns 18.   Especially because we have another 20 pts or so to come before he even turns 18.

Youngest is now 22 and last cruised when he was 17 so he definitely kept all my cruise points as I also hadn't cruised since he was 17 - well not on RCCL!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ShillyShally said:

Youngest is now 22 and last cruised when he was 17 so he definitely kept all my cruise points as I also hadn't cruised since he was 17 - well not on RCCL!

Sometimes Royal misses resetting points until the first cruise after the child turns 18.

1 minute ago, sowhat said:

Yes , the number of cruises have increased but the points total have not altered

Sounds like a simple math issue.  Did you look at your past cruise history and add up the points?

18 minutes ago, sowhat said:

Yes , the number of cruises have increased but the points total have not altered

Are you possibly linked with someone else who has more points than you do?

3 minutes ago, ggtjr said:

My now 36 year old son was a diamond while sailing with us. After he turned 18, he was lowered down to Emerald since that was his actual cruises he did.

That should not have occurred.  He should have kept his Diamond status but he will not advance to D+ until he has completed the number of cruises to achieve that tier level.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ggtjr said:

My now 36 year old son was a diamond while sailing with us. After he turned 18, he was lowered down to Emerald since that was his actual cruises he did.

They typically don't do that anymore (but may have been the policy 18 years ago), kids keep their level, regardless of points.

On 3/15/2019 at 2:50 AM, kgrenstromer said:

I have another question related to crown and anchor - does anyone know when they started automatically enrolling everyone as a member with their first cruise? 

I'm trying to find out what my kids' C&A #'s are, and I can't find the #'s anywhere in my records, my daughter has sailed with rccl twice before, (once in 2008 and once in 2012) and my son sailed in 2012, but I'm not sure if we ever signed them up since I can't find their #'s anywhere, and when I read on their website it says that passengers are auto-enrolled so no sign up is required, so if this was in effect back in 2008 and 2012 then they should have membership numbers.

I'm in Europe so I have been trying to verify this with RCCL via mail and they are not responding! I've sent them over 4 mails now, both via the C&A contact and normal customer service. I didn't think my question was THAT complicated...:O

Maybe some of you expert RCCL cruisers know? 

thanks! 

/Krista

I had to call C&A and have them generate a number for each of my kids.  They don't technically auto-enroll anyone unless the person requests their C&A number.  They had my kids' cruises on file correctly, just never created the number until I called in for it.

As for the original question, I've seen this happen before.

My SIL's husband sailed on his very first cruise ever on the Independence a few years ago.  When he checked in, his SeaPass said Emerald.  He had never been on a cruise, his parents were deceased, so it's not like he inherited something from them being on a cruise.  Very strange!  He is going on his second cruise next year and we're all wondering if he shows as Emerald again or if it was a fluke!

22 minutes ago, ggtjr said:

If you were higher than Emerald when your son turned 18, then call C&A and ask them to fix it.  He should have been given whatever level you had on his 18th birthday.

We are sailing RCI for the first time next Monday.   I printed off our SetSail Passes, and my husband's was gold.

We don't even have Crown and Anchor numbers yet.

I was sooooo tempted to leave it alone, but I live by the rule if you point out when something is wrong not in your favor, you should do the same when it is in your favor.   I am the kind of person who waits in line at customer service when the clerk forgot to scan one of my cans of beans.

So I called:   My husband's somewhat common (as in frequent, not lower class) name and birth date match an existing Crown and Anchor member from another state.  That member  number was automatically associated to my husband's reservation, and he had 22 points before he ever set foot on an RCI ship.

The call center rep corrected the mistake, and I was able to print off another SetSail pass without the gold indication.

Yeah me.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2019 at 2:56 PM, CrusingRuthing said:

How did I get all of these points and what are the ways you can earn them?

Don't ask, don't tell, just go with the flow

Edited by mac66