Need advise fast please

golfer1903

Booked on breeze in may .  Airlines just changed my time to go home from 1pm. To now flight leaves at 1030.

I know it's an hour ride from port to mco. And I should be there 1.5 hr ahead which means I would need to be in my ride back which I have a single car driver picking us up.  But it would need to be at 8am.  Can we be off the ship by 8 guaranteed or am I screwed  only flight that day back to akron ohio.  I have fttf also

That’s cutting it way too close for me. Too stressful. What if there’s an accident, or some other issue that causes you to dock late? 

That is a big time difference too. I would call the airline and explain to them your situation and see if they can get you on a later flight or one with another airline, or even perhaps a credit? Maybe you could fly the next day and get a credit for a hotel room?

• Like 1

I would do whatever I could to have that flight changed to a later flight or even book a hotel room and stay another night and fly out the next day.  I don't think there is any guarantee of you getting off that boat at 8:00.  I would spend my entire vacation worrying about debarking on time and that would be no fun. it would be worth the extra money to find a plan B quickly

• Like 2

1 minute ago, pyropoodle said:

I would do whatever I could to have that flight changed to a later flight or even book a hotel room and stay another night and fly out the next day.  I don't think there is any guarantee of you getting off that boat at 8:00.  I would spend my entire vacation worrying about debarking on time and that would be no fun. it would be worth the extra money to find a plan B quickly

So agree with the above!  You don't want to spend your cruise worring about making your flight in time 

• Like 2

If you carry off your own luggage, and let guest services know you need off asap, you should be ok. Providing the ship docks and gets cleared on time! We had an excursion booked and was off the ship by 8am, self assist people started disembarking at 7 am.

Edited by Ziggy7

1 minute ago, Ziggy7 said:

If you carry off your own luggage, and let guest services know you need off asap, you should be ok. Providing the ship docks and gets cleared on time! We had an excursion booked and was off the ship by 8am, self assist people started disembarking at 7 am.

I think even in this scenario, the ship would need to dock under perfect conditions.  there could be no fog, no port delay, no engine trouble. it would just need to be perfect...and I think it would just be too stressful.

• Like 1

I wouldn't count on it. I'd call the airline since they changed the flight time by a big margin. They might be able to rebook you on a different flight at no charge. That happened to us once on Delta. We did have to do a connection, but at least the times worked better and we didn't have to pay a change fee.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pyropoodle said:

I think even in this scenario, the ship would need to dock under perfect conditions.  there could be no fog, no port delay, no engine trouble. it would just need to be perfect...and I think it would just be too stressful.

I agree, I would do as others said :)

• Like 1

I hate that airlines can get away with this.  We almost always buy our flights as soon as they open up (331 days in advance on American), as we usually plan our cruises that far in advance.  They almost always change our flights, sometimes more than once.  I'm not sure what airline you're dealing with, but I know (at least in the past) with American, I'd get an alert that the flight had been changed and could either accept it or call.  I've only had to call once.  The other times it was just a minor inconvenience, but once it was going to have us flat-out running across the airport to make a connection with barely enough time even with that, and that was assuming the first flight was going to land, taxi to the gate on time, etc.  I called American, and they switched us to a later connection, no charge.

You should call and explain your situation and just tell them that the flight time they've changed you to will not work.    Good luck!  Even if there is not a later flight, and you end up having to fly the next morning, planning ahead now would be better than missing that flight.  I would think the airline would be obliged to work with you. 

It’s close but it can be done.

We were on the Breeze in October. We did self assist debarkation with FTTF. The people with flights that departed before 12:00pm and could do self debarkation were put with our FTTF group and we were first off the ship. We used Contrans 8am shuttle who was outside already when we got outside around 7:15. We left the port prior to 8 to pick up a couple of people at Disney port and we were at the airport a little before 9. We have PreTSA and walked right through, no line at all. We got to the gate a little after 9:00 and then our flight was delayed 3 times and finally took off at 2😂.

If the ship arrives and debarks on time and you do self debark, you can make it. I think it’s more likely that your flight will be delayed than the cruise ship. Good luck and have a great cruise!

A few people here have mentioned TSA precheck as a way of shaving off time, but even if you have TSA precheck, I wouldn't count on that. They can randomly assign anyone they want to go through the regular lines or randomly select people for additional, time-consuming screenings. Here's an example: https://www.travelcodex.com/random-explosive-tests-tsa-precheck/

37 minutes ago, travelchica915 said:

I wouldn't count on it. I'd call the airline since they changed the flight time by a big margin. They might be able to rebook you on a different flight at no charge. That happened to us once on Delta. We did have to do a connection, but at least the times worked better and we didn't have to pay a change fee.

I agree with this post.  Especially if it is Delta.  Delta is great.  They formerly had a policy that if your flight is impacted by 2+ hours, they will rebook you for free to whatever works for you within reason.  They probably won't give you the next day unless there are no more flights that day.  But they will rebook you.  If nothing suits your fancy, they will give you a refund and then you can rebook with other airlines that work for you.  I'm sure other airlines have similar policies.

Sure, it can be done if everything falls into place, but that is way too close for me to be comfortable with it.  Any weather, customs, or immigration issue can delay debarkation.   I'd at least call the airlines and ask what happens if you miss the flight and explain the situation to them as others have mentioned, especially since they are the ones who changed your flight time.

Our cruise on the Victory several years ago was delayed by some immigration or customs issue and the debarking pax didn't start leaving until close to 11:00.  Then our cruise on the Dream pulled in a day late courtesy of hurricane Sandy..... sure, they are both extreme examples, but it just shows what can (and actually did) happen.

I wouldn't worry yourself sick over it, but at lest call your airline and explain the situation.  If they don't offer to put you on a later flight just have a plan B in place in case you need it by making sure they can put you on a later flight if you miss that one, even if it's the next day.

1 hour ago, BAMAMOMOF3 said:

no quarantees. IF your ship is late coming in due to fog or other reasons, you are stuck. My last cruise i didnt get off boat until 9.

We remained captive on the Legend (last trip)  until 2PM.   You just can't depend on the weather.  

If you were flying out of Miami or FLL and arrived at the those ports..... You would have a good chance  of making that flight....But flying out of Orlando with close to a 1 hour drive to airport... I wouldn't chance it

• Like 2

1 hour ago, travelchica915 said:

There will be no charge as they changed the flight to an unacceptable time. It is their obligation to rebook at your convenience. I'm sure they did not know you were on a cruise and booked you at "their" most convenient time. Before you call look at airline schedules and tell them what flight you would like on. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coevan said:

There will be no charge as they changed the flight to an unacceptable time. It is their obligation to rebook at your convenience. I'm sure they did not know you were on a cruise and booked you at "their" most convenient time. Before you call look at airline schedules and tell them what flight you would like on. 

This.

I was just typing the same thing. Have had it happen to me with a change of less than an hour and they put me on a later flight that would have been $200 more if I had booked it.

• Like 1