If you are in suite do you buy drink package?

George C

We have back to back on infinity first part drink package is included we are in suites for both second part which is 5 days it is not , I find 69 overpriced for a drink package last year we paid mid 40’s,  on rccl we normally pay about mid 40’s since micheals is our favorite bar most likely will skip package we will have a few bottles of wine and would rather just buy a few more . 

We have had the premium drinks included with our suite in the past.  But we have one coming up this Nov and will not have the package.  To be honest, even with the premium package, I was not that thrilled with the selection.  And in Luminae, while the sommelier was very nice, he was reluctant to give me the wine I wanted (it was a few $$ over the premium glass allotment which I had happily paid previously).  He suggested that I buy the whole bottle with my ship board credit.  I'm not sure what he was drinking before he made that suggestion.  I said I wasn't interested and he finally brought me a glass.  Anyway, I think I will be happy getting a few glasses from Michael's and skip it in the dining room.  I find it is too easy to have 4 or 5 glasses of wine a day with that drink package.  That's a little too much for me.

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

Some suite bookings include all in.  Drinks deluxe, internet, gratuities and onboard credit.  You should have unless you booked a special rate,ie: senior 

The second half is of my back to back is a music charter that did not give us option , also most of elite perks are missing but suite perks and Micheals are there.

i agree also wines selection by glass in luminae is not that great if we do not get package we can expand our selection with bottles since we will be saving 138 a day which old be cost of beverage package for he two of us. 

Drink packages are included in many packages for suites but usually not given for repositioning cruises.   I'm not a drinker so except for getting waters etc I usually never got one when not supplied.    You will get free drink in Michael's club and will get at least 3 drinks each for Captain's Club.   

Many on Transatlantic without drink packages stop in Michael's Club before dinner and bring a glass of wine to dinner.  

If in a Signature Suite or above you will also always get a bar setup and free premium drink package as part of your room regardless if repositioning or not. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, George C said:

The second half is of my back to back is a music charter that did not give us option , also most of elite perks are missing but suite perks and Micheals are there.

i agree also wines selection by glass in luminae is not that great if we do not get package we can expand our selection with bottles since we will be saving 138 a day which old be cost of beverage package for he two of us. 

IMO, you are making the right decision and it would be the right decision for us.

since you have access to the Michael’s club, I would not spend the money for a drink package.  I might by a package if it was offered at a significant discount.

41 minutes ago, Husky61 said:

We have always stayed in a Royal Suite and get all of the perks including specialty dining.😄

Unless things have changed RS doesn’t include the perks of $300 OBC or prepaid gratuties if Go Best isn’t offered.  On TA, TP or repositioning cruises  Go Best is t offered.

We have found that with every Transatlantic we have sailed since the inception of the drink packages that Celebrity has discounted them at one point or another pre-cruise. Our upcoming Spring Transpacific on Millie is currently offering the Premium and Classic packages at 50% off. How long the "sale" will last is anyone's guess. But it pays to frequently check your booking, especially if you're on a sailing where the drink packages are not offered as part of your cruise fare. 

Has anyone booked on Spring 2019 Transatlantics noticed the sale on packages like Celebrity is offering on the Transpacific crossing?

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

Unless things have changed RS doesn’t include the perks of $300 OBC or prepaid gratuties if Go Best isn’t offered.  On TA, TP or repositioning cruises  Go Best is t offered.

On our med cruise we received the $300 OBC and pre-paid gratuities, plus unlimited specialty dining, plus premium beverage package and two liters of whatever brand of liquor we wanted in our room. The mini-bar wa stocked daily with whatever drinks we wanted. We also received a premium bottle of French champagne as well. 

So you are telling me that I didn't receive those perks, and perhaps I was delusional on that cruise, and imagined it. We are taking another Celebrity cruise next year in a RS and are being offered the same perks. IMHO the price we pay for a RS there should be high end perks for the RS.:classic_smile:

3 minutes ago, Husky61 said:

On our med cruise we received the $300 OBC and pre-paid gratuities, plus unlimited specialty dining, plus premium beverage package and two liters of whatever brand of liquor we wanted in our room. The mini-bar wa stocked daily with whatever drinks we wanted. We also received a premium bottle of French champagne as well. 

So you are telling me that I didn't receive those perks, and perhaps I was delusional on that cruise, and imagined it. We are taking another Celebrity cruise next year in a RS and are being offered the same perks. IMHO the price we pay for a RS there should be high end perks for the RS.:classic_smile:

No, you're not delusional!  The poster was talking about Transatlantics and repositioning cruises, not Med cruises where the perks offered differ. 

3 hours ago, BEAV said:

Has anyone booked on Spring 2019 Transatlantics noticed the sale on packages like Celebrity is offering on the Transpacific crossing?

We are on the april 14 sailing of Silhouette and the packages were on sale bogo (1/2 price) in November I believe.

we purchased it.