Email address to submit Shareholder Benefit

CWcruisers

12 hours ago, YXU AC*SE said:

via email from world_cruise_reservations@hollandamerica.com

Dear Mr. YXU AC*SE 

Thank you for your request to have a shipboard credit applied to reservation [redacted] based on your status as a CCL stockholder.

Financial compliance laws prohibit us from accepting and transmitting unsecured email of guest financial records. Guest’s personal financial data is subject to risk traveling through internet servers. Please send future proof of eligibility by fax at 206.270.6080 or direct mail to:

Holland America Line

Attn: WCR

450 Third Ave. W.

Seattle, WA 98119

We have made a one-time exception and applied the ship board credit of $250.00 and it will be credited to your onboard account upon embarkation. Please contact your Travel Agency for additional information.

We look forward to welcoming you onboard in the near future.

Kind Regards,

[redacted] 

World Cruise Reservations

Holland America Line 

Phone:800-522-3399

Fax #206-270-6080

world_cruise_reservations@hollandamerica.com

I'll be quite honest, this it the fourth or fifth one-time exception I have received. I'm quite comfortable in accepting the data transit risk.  YMMV. 

Scott. 

Not sure why you got that message & I didn’t. Are you in US, I am?

• 3 months later...

If you are in the UK then they are happy for you to email the share statement to them at enquiries@hollandamerica.co.uk and if you want to speak to them their non-premium rate number to call them is 0344 338 8605.

• 5 months later...
On 6/8/2019 at 9:34 AM, picsa said:

If you are in the UK then they are happy for you to email the share statement to them at enquiries@hollandamerica.co.uk and if you want to speak to them their non-premium rate number to call them is 0344 338 8605.

Thanks so much for this info.  I had originally emailed Carnival UK (who I apply to when cruising with P&O) and they gave me the standard info about fax/snail mail to Seattle.  So I phoned as you suggest and they confirmed that email with copy of share cert would be fine.  Shareholder credit was applied very quickly.

8 minutes ago, lizinvan said:

Do you receive email confirmation. Or just follow up on-board if you have no followup?

I ask for email confirmation and usually get it. I use an internet fax service, not snailmail. So far, HAL has never failed to get my shareholder OBC right. But  I always take a copy of the statement and message I sent with me, just in case.

On 2/12/2019 at 7:28 AM, LorraineP said:

Not sure why you got that message & I didn’t. Are you in US, I am?

I got this same weird message earlier this week when I sent mine in.  I've submitted by email before so I don't know why the change unless they are being affected by the EU privacy regulations which seem to be infiltrating every where in the travel industry.

On 11/16/2019 at 1:02 PM, mvaughn11 said:

I receive email when I Fax my request. I always print the email and take it with me on the ship, just in case. Never had a problem.

Sent fax beginning of the month. No confirmation and have been travelling so will have to address on board

How do you know if or when the credit has been applied? This is my first Holland America cruise in a long time. With Princess I can look at my booking and easily find it. Is there a way you can do that with Holland America? I mailed my request in late last week so it should have arrived by today. Unfortunately, I can’t remember if I added my email address or a request to be notified.

5 hours ago, Sea Day Cruiser said:

How do you know if or when the credit has been applied? 

(1) If requested, they will e-mail you.  I print a copy and bring in my trip binder just in case. 

(2) If you booked through a TA, they will be able to see in POLAR (HAL's booking engine) -- your TA will be able to reprint your booking summary to reflect the additional OBC.

(3) If you booked yourself, you can query your booking via HAL's website. To do that, log into HAL w/ the ID used to book the cruise -- select the "My Bookings", and the query the booking you are expecting the OBC.  Select "Manage Payments" and you should see all OBCs associated with that booking. 

Scott. 

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, retdon said:

Can someone give me the fax # they are using to send  in their info. I emailed

world_cruise_reservation@hollandamerica.com and it bounced. HELP please, thanks, Linda.

The fax is on the form. Fax 206 270 6080

The email that has always worked for me is: world_cruise_reservations@hollandamerica.com

Looks like the email address you used had a typo just before the "at" sign.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lais said:

Here is an email 

shareholders@carnival.com

where do you get the form to submit?

There is no form. Just write an email message with your information--name, ship, date of sailing, cabin number, reservation number and request the credit. Attach the proof of ownership to the email. 

I use a fax service, fax zero, because faxing seems to be their preferred method.

25 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

There is no form. Just write an email message with your information--name, ship, date of sailing, cabin number, reservation number and request the credit. Attach the proof of ownership to the email. 

I use a fax service, fax zero, because faxing seems to be their preferred method.

Faxing used to be their preferred way.  Email is perfectly acceptable now.

2 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

Faxing used to be their preferred way.  Email is perfectly acceptable now.

They caution that email isn't secure, so I still fax.

However you send it in, take hard copy with you just in case there's a problem. On my last Cunard cruise, the credit didn't come through, although I had requested it far enough in advance. I had to argue with the front desk to get them to do anything about it. So far, it has always worked with HAL. Cunard, about 50%.

8 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

They caution that email isn't secure, so I still fax.

However you send it in, take hard copy with you just in case there's a problem. On my last Cunard cruise, the credit didn't come through, although I had requested it far enough in advance. I had to argue with the front desk to get them to do anything about it. So far, it has always worked with HAL. Cunard, about 50%.

Yes, definitely take the proof.  I don’t get the whole not secure thing about email.  Fax is no better in my mind.  Whatever works for a person. Are they still cautioning that?  I have heard that excuse for ages.  I know people use the financial institutions using it excuse.  Where I live a lot of places are using docusign and guess what?  It’s through email 😛.

If you happen not to hear back from HAL within a day or two, assume the email was lost (something that happens from time to time). Send it again, or reply asking about it and you will usually see a response shortly, either automated or human-powered.

My last email for shareholder benefits was lost somewhere in the ether, and when I resent it today they responded in less than an hour.

16 minutes ago, robotpony said:

If you happen not to hear back from HAL within a day or two, assume the email was lost (something that happens from time to time). Send it again, or reply asking about it and you will usually see a response shortly, either automated or human-powered.

My last email for shareholder benefits was lost somewhere in the ether, and when I resent it today they responded in less than an hour.

Every one of mine took at least 10 business days. None of them were lost.  This was at least 3 months ago.